Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lookingonthebrightside

Pics-Before and After Kitchen and Master Bathroom

texanjana
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are home from vacation and I am finally getting around to posting some pics of our remodel. We also had the whole interior painted, and I love it. There are a few things I might do differently, but DH and I are happy with the results.

The kitchen cabinets are the same, just painted. The bathroom was gutted, but we didn't move any plumbing. Excuse the less than great phone pics. It looks so much better in person, and our house is now almost put back together. New window treatments are up and we just have a few more pictures to hang.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Comments (29)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

Nice choices! You must be so excited, it looks like a new house. Love the MBA floors! And double niches, smart.

I liked your old b/s but I can see why you might want new. IS the new one white stone? hard to see

texanjana thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • jakabedy
    6 years ago

Very nice!

texanjana thanked jakabedy
  • martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    6 years ago

Kitchrn is so much brighter, and oo la la bath!!!

texanjana thanked martinca_gw sunset zone 24
  • PRO
    Anglophilia
    6 years ago

Great job! Kitchen is transformed and I love the bath colors.

texanjana thanked Anglophilia
  • jewelisfabulous
    6 years ago

What are your plans for the kitchen backsplash?

• deegw
    6 years ago

Beautiful! You must feel like you moved to a new house.

texanjana thanked deegw
  • JustDoIt
    6 years ago

Really nice job!

texanjana thanked JustDoIt
  • anndanen86
    6 years ago

Very nice job! Your kitchen is bright and pretty, your bathroom is beautiful, too!

What is the faucet in the kitchen? I love how it looks.

texanjana thanked anndanen86
  • alex9179
    6 years ago

I bet you're loving it! Can you tell me the dimensions of your shower? How's the elbow room feel? Can you shave legs comfortably? We're redoing ours and it doesn't look like I have an affordable way to make it as large as I'd like but your size looks doable.

texanjana thanked alex9179
  • nutsaboutplants
    6 years ago

Feels so much brighter and more relaxing. Well done!

texanjana thanked nutsaboutplants
  • texanjana
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks so much! Here are a few more pics. Backsplash is a large white subway tile-I think it's 4" by 12." I looked at doing marble, but it fought with the quartz. I worked with a designer at the tile store who was so helpful. It was a challenge since the rest of the house has oak wood floors.

Counters are Cambria Torquay-a nice mix of beige, gray and white. Faucets are Delta Cassidy. Bathroom paint is SW Sea Salt, kitchen is SW Nacre, kitchen island is BM Hale Navy.

Alex-We kept the shower the same size-about 44" by 42." Plenty of room to me and I can shave my legs in there.

Counter and Backsplash:

Floor tile:

Shower Floor:

Shower Niches:

Blanco Silgranite Sink in Truffle (I love it!)

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    6 years ago

Everything looks so fresh and inviting! Congratulations on a job superbly well done.

texanjana thanked Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
  • Rad
    6 years ago

absolutely beautiful!!!!!!! great work on this

texanjana thanked Rad
  • alex9179
    6 years ago

Thank you!

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    6 years ago

The reno is superb! I love everything. I do have one question; can you give me info about the showerhead. I need a new one and your's appeals to me very much.

texanjana thanked WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
  • texanjana
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Walnut-Here is the shower head. I said we didn't move plumbing, but we did have the shower head moved up higher. It is big!

• bixa2805
    6 years ago

Wow everything is beautiful! Did you paint your own cabinets or have someone professionally do it? Love the quartz torquay, I used that in a master bath remodel and it’s so durable.

texanjana thanked bixa2805
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    6 years ago

You've done a beautiful remodel in the best of taste. Everything looks perfect,l and I can't imagine how you were able to put everything together so flawlessly. Enjoy!

texanjana thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • texanjana
    Original Author
    6 years ago

bixa-Our contractor painted the cabinets. They removed all doors and drawers and sprayed them in their shop and sprayed the boxes in place in the kitchen. I can't believe the smooth finish they were able to achieve.

• DYH
    6 years ago

Very nice!

texanjana thanked DYH
  • LynnNM
    6 years ago

Beautiful! Love everything, especially the new wall color.

texanjana thanked LynnNM
  • bixa2805
    6 years ago

Wow Texanjana, I wish I could find someone to paint my kitchen. Was it expensive if you don’t mind me asking?

• anndanen86
    6 years ago

Bixa2805, we had a local handyman paint our cabinets a few years ago. It was about $1200 and he painted the doors, outside cabinet box and the post between the cabinets on the inside. He didn't paint the shelves or interior cabs. This was a few years ago, and it was a great decision!

• bixa2805
    6 years ago

Wow anndanen86 that is very reasonable for the outcome you have achieved. Everything is just beautiful!

• texanjana
    Original Author
    6 years ago

bixa2805-The cost for painting ours was around $8,000. Not insignificant, but replacement estimates were over $25k. The cabinets were in good condition so we went with the painting.

• anndanen86
    6 years ago

Yes, I just chimed in, since I had painted my cabs and I had pricing info. My cabs don't look half as nice as Texanjana's! This is a great remodel!

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    6 years ago

Texanjana, thank you so very much for the information regarding the shower head.

• bixa2805
    6 years ago

Texanjana, that’s not a bad price at all considering everything you had done. You really made some great choices. Enjoy your new space!