Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julietsbryan

Help with color for Bathroom vanity

Jules B
6 years ago

Please Help. I'm currently renovating my bathroom. I've decided to use 12x24 Alaskan White Polished Porcelain tiles for the wall. For the floor i went with White Valentino honed marble floors. What color vanity would work best with this color combination. I was thinking a white high gloss vanity....PLEASE HELPP!!!

Comments (23)

• enjoythejourney
    6 years ago

Your floor tiles are gorgeous! If you are tiling the wall behind the vanity, I’d select a colour from the floor tile for the vanity (the beige or grey, which ever you prefer). A white vanity against the white tile would be lost. If you are painting behind the vanity, you could install a white vanity, as you’ve suggested, and choose a wall colour from your floor tile.

• Jules B
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you! ...I"m a newbie when it comes to decorating, I found you input so helpful.

• Sharon Joyce
    6 years ago

I agree with enjoythejourney, especially since whites have slight colour variation, and you want to factor in the white of your fixtures, too. We just had our kitchen island and fireplace surround painted black, which looks amazing with our white walls and kitchen backsplash, so what about considering a black vanity? Or you could pull one of the gray shades out of your marble. Have you considered wood? It's coming back into style in bathroom and kitchen cabinetry, and could warm up your bathroom a bit.

• judrand05
    6 years ago

I'd pick up the black in your floor tile for the cabinet. Ralph Lauren has some beauties that aren't just a flat black but have depth and sophistication, especially if you use the one called "Plaster." Think it would give your slick white surfaces some needed texture and contrast while staying within the color scheme.

• Jules B
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Wow! You guys have such great ideas.. A black vanity never crossed my mind, however I actually thought about wood .My only dilemma was whether to go with a dark brown or beige wood lol

• palimpsest
    6 years ago

If that is pale grey in the floor tiles I would look at that as a vanity color.

• judrand05
    6 years ago

Why not do an espresso, which, of course, is almost black but not as harsh?Personally, I don't think a brown-brown or a beige would go with the very white and the black in your tile. Also, if you like the idea of wood cabinets what about an unfinished wood. That would look super chic and fresh and clean with the white and black. Just put a thick coat of clear lacquer on it and it will clean easily.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

" For the floor i went with White Valentino honed marble floors"

The brown marble tile is going on the floor. the black and white tile is being replaced, right?

Jules B thanked Beth H. :
  • Jules B
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I was thinking of this shade of wood......

• Jules B
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yesss!! Beth I love it

• Jules B
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The black and white tiles are being replaced with marble tiles.

• Sharon Joyce
    6 years ago

Beth H, I didn't think the b&w floor tiles were staying. I just thought the bathroom was going to be very light, but the marble didn't look brown to me...it looked gray. I think light wood would look great for your vanity, Jules.

Jules B thanked Sharon Joyce
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago

Jules,,,that wood one you posted has too much yellow.

your marble tile is that grayish-brown tone. I like the last two in the 2nd pic I posted. that metal one w/the white marble top would look very classy and chic w/your materials, especially if you did the mirrors and sconces.

Sharon Joyce,,,the other poster said black because she thought the black/white floor tile was staying. I don't they they read the OP's comment correctly about her flooring.

Jules, you could go a darker brown if you wanted, but I think the weathered oak has enough gray in it to compliment your tiles the best.

• Sharon Joyce
    6 years ago

The last one you posted is beautiful, Beth.

• suzyq53
    6 years ago

How about a high gloss painted vanity? Just about any color would work.

• suzyq53
    6 years ago

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago

suzyq,,,that's a good idea as well. a nice cobalt or green (something cool toned) floating vanity would work, especially if she's leaning toward more of a modern vibe.

btw,,,the tile in this pic is the same as your new floor tile. If you want to save money, find a piece of vintage furniture and convert it to a vanity. paint it in a glossy White Dove by BM. get a vessel sink, and voila!

Jules B thanked Beth H. :
  • Jules B
    Original Author
    6 years ago

You guys have been so helpful! Beth I love the weathered oak look. I think that's the look I want to achieve. I like the idea of a pop of color, but its a bit too much. I want to keep the bathroom light and airy......

• judrand05
    6 years ago

Does weathered go with the stark white and black? It seems like a totally different direction and style. I would stick with something like Beth's natural or a bright color instead.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago

Judrand05,,,for the third time, she's not having white/black floors! go back and read the comments. Heck, just read OP's post. she posted a pic of the new flooring. It's shown on the floor over the black and white tile.

• suzyq53
    6 years ago

Beth's last picture works. Light gray high gloss. Beautiful!

• PRO
    Milano Doors
    6 years ago

Hello. I think, a white high gloss vanity will perfectly look.