Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

For those of you with clear glass shower doors.

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Does your shower face a mirror? I’m working on the layout for my bath remodel and was thinking of this type of glass for my shower.

My shower will just have glass on one side, like this. I want the half wall as it’s really the only place for a towel bar.

One thing though, the vanity is across from the shower. I’m pretty sure I won’t like seeing my reflection in the mirror over the sink.

I wonder if I’d just be better off doing a frosted glass of some sort, or does the clear glass get steamed up and take care of it?

Here’s my tentative layout.

This is kind of how it would look with frosted.

Comments (6)

• enduring
    6 years ago

With my good exhaust fan, my mirror doesn't fog up but my shower glass gets somewhat foggy. I have a vanity and mirror across from the shower and it doesn't bother me. I just have my mind on showering.

Annette Holbrook(z7a) thanked enduring
  • grannysmith18
    6 years ago

I have the same experience as Enduring. My mirror doesn't fog up, but the shower glass gets wet and foggy.

Are you doing anything especially nice with the tile in the shower? One of the reasons I put up a glass door is to let the pretty back wall of the shower show through (when not in use). If you get frosted glass you'll be covering the shower wall.

Annette Holbrook(z7a) thanked grannysmith18
  • palimpsest
    6 years ago

With the mirror in that position and the half wall you won't be able to see yourself regardless.

Annette Holbrook(z7a) thanked palimpsest
  • mark_rachel
    6 years ago

I see myself in ours, but it doesn't bother me. I wanted clear glass so the room seemed more open. I think frosted glass would close it in. Plus I have small kids that shower in our shower & I like to see them in there.

Annette Holbrook(z7a) thanked mark_rachel
  • Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Thanks all for the help. The bathroom is narrow so I think keeping it clear glass will help with making it feel a bit more spacious.

This is my bath, so no kids will use it ever. There is a guest space upstairs and that bath has a tub.

I haven’t chosen tiles or finishes yet. It’s a log cabin so something natural and rustic feeling is my guess so far.