Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clanglois1

Floor plan dilemma

clanglois1
6 years ago

Anyone have a simple way to switch this floor plan around WITHIN THE SAME SPACE to make it where bedroom 3 and 4 don’t have a door on the left wall (the wall where I want the beds to go).

Comments (16)

• woodteam5
    6 years ago

I would flip the Jack and Jill bathroom between room 2 and 3 (sinks and doors where toilet and tub are)so that the bathroom doors are closer to the entry to the bedroom and that will free up more wall space for furniture. Room 4 isn't bad.

• teddbear
    6 years ago

Do you have to have a jack and jill bath between 2 and 3? Can you just make it accessible from the hall? That would free up that whole wall. Or flip it like Woodteam5 said, if you would rather keep it Jack and Jill.

• clanglois1
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Woodteam5 and teddbear thank you! I’m really not wanting a door on the same wall as the headboard at all. I just don’t like the look of it. I appreciate your feedback!
  • clanglois1
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Oh and just to clarify, by left wall I mean the ones to the left when looking at this pic
  • teddbear
    6 years ago

It's looks unavoidable to not have a door at all on the left, in either room. That's why we were trying to give you an option on the right side. I think with #4, you are stuck since there is no other way into the bathroom. It's the best option though, that you have the bathroom door as far up as possible to allow maximum wall space on the left. You could flip the closets of #3 and #4. That would put #4's closet door closer to the entry door, thus leaving a little more uninterrupted wall space on the right, instead of having it in the middle of the wall. You might need to make that door though swing in, instead of out, as I'm not sure if it would interfere with the entry door.

Doing that really wouldn't change the amount of wall space in bdrm #3, but it would put the closet door closer to the window side, which give you wall space towards the upper part of the room, instead of lower part.

Basically you really can't eliminate the doors on the left, but bedroom 4 is really the best option as is and bedroom 3 is just a matter of which end you want the closet door on.

• bpath
    6 years ago

Simplest way is to ask your architect. Did you tell her that's what you wanted?

• bpath
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

But here's a thought: flip bedroom 4 and that bath suite so that bedroom 4 is on the corner. And move all the walls forward, even with bedroom 2's wall; that will give you plenty of room to move closets.

• sheloveslayouts
    6 years ago

Summit's right. You're so close to just giving everyone a small, private en suite. Then everyone can be responsible for their own space.

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    6 years ago

Actually there's enough space here for generous en-suite baths for everyone.

• smitrovich
    6 years ago

Do you mind sharing the elevation for your plan? Looking at the floorpan, it looks like there are opportunities to simplify the footprint and resolve your layout/door issue.

• clanglois1
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    @bpathome, that’s actually a good idea and could fix the issue in both rooms, but I can’t figure out how you’d lay it out for the entrance to room 4 to still come off the hallway. I’m trying to figure it out. As for giving each kid their own bathroom, it won’t work bc they all like to take baths and there’s not enough room for that without increasing footage and besides that I don’t want my kids to have their own bathrooms, it’s a principal thing. They’re kids, they need to share. We’re building a big house, but I don’t want my kids to be spoiled. Really appreciate ALL the feedback!!
  • clanglois1
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    @smitrovich thank you! Here it is:) Couldn’t get a pic to show the whole thing, but this shows that side of the house
  • er612
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Do you just not the look of a door on the same wall as the bed? The first two layouts below have full size beds and the last one has a queen.

Spanish Oaks Custom Contemporary · More Info

Hill Country Residence · More Info

Minnesota Residence · More Info
    Hamptons Style · More Info

• clanglois1
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    @er612, yes, I just don’t like the look! Thank you for the images! There’s at least plenty of room:)
  • Naf_Naf
    6 years ago

Can you post a pdf?