Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jfitz7836

Black Interior + Black Exterior Vinyl Windows

jfitz7836
6 years ago

I'm looking for an affordable black/black vinyl window option. Does one exist? I'm only finding black exterior + white interior OR an awful bronze color. Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments (20)

• millworkman
    6 years ago

Define affordable as I owuld not use a builders grade vinyl period, especially one in a dark color. What brands have you looked at? Post this in the window foirum with the answers to my questions and I am sure you will get some help.

jfitz7836 thanked millworkman
  • wdccruise
    6 years ago

Marvin (https://www.marvin.com/) fiberglass windows are available with black exterior and interior finishes.

Westeck (http://www.westeckwindows.com/) appears to make vinyl windows that are black on the exterior and interior.

It is my understanding that at one time -- maybe it's still the case -- installing dark-colored vinyl windows on the sides of a house that were exposed to the sun was not a good idea. This was because vinyl is not thermally stable so the windows expand and contract with changes in temperature. Over time, this caused the windows to break down (e.g., the glass became loose in the sash). Fiberglass windows are stable so dark-color exterior can be used safely.

Soft-lite (http://www.soft-lite.com) does make vinyl windows with black exteriors but not black interiors.

jfitz7836 thanked wdccruise
  • jfitz7836
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Don't really know how to define affordable. Maybe $250-300 for a 4060? My builder has told me that vinyl is just about all I can afford, and has presented me some dark bronze options that I'm not happy with.

• millworkman
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

100 series Andersen Casements, Awnings and Fixed are not terrible, DH's are ok. Don't know if I would go any lower on the food chain personally, especially in Black.

jfitz7836 thanked millworkman
  • PRO
    QWD-VA
    6 years ago

Most affordable options that I know of in black/black and in no way an endorsement of would be Paradigm, and Pella Impervia (fiberglass)..but I agree with the post above with the question being what's affordable? By the time you take a vinyl window, pay an upcharge to paint it, and add jamb extensions to it can cost just as much as other options that are a far better products. You might be better off buying a clad product with a black exterior and natural pine interior and paint the interior in the field.

• Matt from Owen Homes
    6 years ago

Andersen 100 Series offered black / black starting last year. We've used them, great window and their 100 Series is a composite that is very durable and priced to compete with the vinyl market (it is a basic single hung unit, so it lacks the options such as tilt and night locks). Pella Impervia is a nice option, too.

• Carl Sams
    4 years ago

Matt I'm going through the same thing. in my research where I live in northern Jersey. I have found a place that has black inside and out with grills for about 250 a window. I'm also looking into the Anderson 100 series they look great back to the place that has them the only catch is they are aluminum.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    4 years ago

Aluminum windows don’t meet energy code in most places now.

• Bryana Noel
    3 years ago

Carl Sams - i’m in jersey too looking for “affordable” black exterior/black interior windows. where’s the place you found if you don’t mind me asking?

• millworkman
    3 years ago

"I'm also looking into the Anderson 100 series they look great back to the place that has them the only catch is they are aluminum."

Andersen 100 series is not aluminum.

• PRO
    QWD-VA
    3 years ago

Quaker Windows has affordable black/black vinyl windows. Andersen 100 series not vinyl but also priced well. Paradigm is another company that does black on black vinyl but expensive price point for that option

• PRO
    QWD-VA
    3 years ago

Jeldwen is coming out with a product soon - right now I believe launched on the west coast only called “Auraline” its their attempt to go after Andersen 100 series fibrex - vinyl/wood saw dust mixture. Dont sell Jeldwen not sure if it will be good or bad but my feeling is usually I dont want to be the first one to buy a new product until its been on the market with success for some time.

• Carl Sams
    3 years ago

Bryana tri state windows and doors in Passaic. are the cheapest I've found. if you find cheaper keep me posted. again remember that they are aluminum

• millworkman
    3 years ago

Many times buying the cheapest windows will in short order become very expensive...............................

• Carl Sams
    3 years ago

at the end of the day. buy whatever makes you happy. there is no guarantee on any of them. expensive doesn't always mean better and cheaper doesn't always mean worst. go with what your budget is. good luck

• Nikki E.
    3 years ago

Does anyone know a window company/manufacturer in the Atlanta area they would recommend for black interior/black exterior windows? I do not want wood--do not want the upkeep. We did a house remodel that just finished and replaced some of the windows. I dislike the wood interior which we had to paint and it's only been a few months and it is already chipping and is extremely sensitive to any "use". I want a window that I can install and not worry about again...for a while. But it has to be black/black. I'm open for any suggestions and not married to any brand. Thank you.

• wdccruise
    3 years ago

Marvin Essential fiberglass windows are available black exterior / black interior. Marvin Elevate and Signature Modern brands are also available black/black.

• Nikki E.
    3 years ago

Thank you!

• Comoelita Melendez
    3 years ago

Yep, Matt, we are definitely looking into replacing our new construction windows with something better. Maybe we can re sell them. They are going to be new, just not our style and like the Pella windows because they have the blind inside the window! Love this! I will say Andersen is a top contender with their black/black style. OP, if this is the look you want, I HIGHLY recommend Andersen like Matt mentioned above.