Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ks1111

White steps on front of home? Should I paint all white?

K S
5 years ago

Hi Everyone: I am considering painting my raised basement house all white, which would include steps and trim. Is it crazy to consider painting the front steps white? Are there any other colors that would be better? I am considering BM white dove or SW alabaster white for the entire home. Should I paint trim and accents a different color white or finish? Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Comments (14)

• yvonnecmartin
    5 years ago

Stairs the trim color look good to me.

K S thanked yvonnecmartin
  • Denita
    5 years ago

Deer Creek House · More Info
    Agree with housegal,

• havingfun
    5 years ago

how about white with single stripe running down each side? paint same color as window trim and maybe front of fence?

• housegal200
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Here's another example of harmonizing a reddish roof with reddish pathway and steps on a white stucco house.

Custom Homes · More Info

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    A darling home! If you want to emphasize the spanish roof tiles select a color a shade darker than the roof. Off whites on side walls is fine but not on steps. I might test a medium gray for the stairs. I am going to analyze your current paint colors and see if their tones will work well with your home. Bbl.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    There are two ways to go with white exterior paint for body of house. Warm white or cool white. Both colors you have selected are slightly cooler while still in the yellow hue family. The main body color will drive color choices for trim and steps. For example, with cooler offwhite black would work better for trim. For warmer body of house, a dark brown would be best. Which way would you lean?
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    I see you haven’t created an ideabook on Houzz for exteriors. Go into Houzz and enter “spanish tile roof white stucco” in “photos” and save pictures you like. This will be a great help to you and those of us trying to help.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

Patterned tile on the risers or painted stencil design would be a nice addition to your charming home.

• groveraxle
    5 years ago

Sorry I didn't finish the tile, but it was time for my wine. You can probably get the idea anyway.

And what I would do:

• groveraxle
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

And then I'd probably change the window trim to a cobalt blue.

• saratogaswizzlestick
    5 years ago

I love the pattern tile with the clay color. I also think the cobalt trim would be a fun twist on the norm, Groveraxel nailed it. What a beautiful home you have.

• havingfun
    5 years ago

there are also some adorable stickers like mice, etc.

• housegal200
    5 years ago

This house is great! I love Groveraxle's designs. And, for once, no one has to suggest adding a front garden; it's already there and looks fantastic.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations