Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

OBF OCTOBER...SIMPLY SEEDS and SUGAR!!!!

canyonwind
5 years ago

And the Swap for the month of October.......

This month of October "SIMPLY SEEDS and SUGAR is just that....nothing more, nothing less.

If you wish to participate this month, you need only do two things.

1. SEEDS..... Send your partner 3 packets of seeds that can be WINTER SOWED (flowers, tomatoes etc). When you sign up, please notate some seeds that you might be interested in receiving (ex tomatoes, rudebeckia, coneflower, gaillardia etc). Possibly, your partner will have them, possibly not.

2. SUGAR.....Send your partner something sweet...with sugar (candy, chocolate, gum etc). When you sign up, please notate sugary things that you enjoy to help your partner out (ex snickers, gum drops, juicy fruit gum etc). If you do not care for and/or can not have sugary items, notate something else simple (ex tea (bags), sugar free gum etc) that will make you happy.

That is it! SIMPLE...

*Deadline to sign up is Tuesday October 9.

*Partners announced Wednesday, October 10

*Please send out by Wednesday October 24.

I am out of town several days this month.....so if you do not hear from me for a few days, rest assured, I have not forgotten about you...LOL!

Happy day!!

Annie

Comments (125)

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Margo, Amy and Jayeanne.....you girls know your men of the 70's, but sorry....BUZZ!!

HINT.....

He was married to an actress who was also in a popular TV series.

Annie

• smitties
    5 years ago

Rob Reiner

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Margo....DING....DING....DING.....you got it with Rob Reiner! I think my clues are to easy! Three points for you Margo. You have taken the lead away from Jayeanne.

Thus far....

Margo 9 pts

Jayeanne 7 pts

Lisa 4 pts

Part 9

Since my return from MN, I went with a friend and my sister to enjoy a wonderful evening of entertainment. Specifically, what did we see?

HINTS....

*we laughed

*we did not cry

Annie

• smitties
    5 years ago

A comedy play?

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Margo.... BUZZ!! You must be more specific on what we did see.

HINT....

*I would not call this a comedy as there was drama too but overall very up.

*We did some singing too.

Happy Morning!

Annie

• smitties
    5 years ago

Was it "mama Mia, here we go again"

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Ill guess... 'the Revolutionists'

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Margo and Jayeanne.......BUZZ! I did see "Mama Mia, Here We Go Again" after it came out. I liked the first "Mama Mia" better....much better! But we are looking for something else.

HINTS.....

*was it a play or a movie?

*Not everyonre would enjoy this

Annie

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

is it ... 'first man'

• mcc371
    5 years ago

Margo I sent your pkg out. They said should arrive Friday.

Tracking number is

#9505 5115 0683 8290 1379 90

• skyblue52
    5 years ago

octberfest

• smitties
    5 years ago

I'm totally stumped!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Jayeanne and Susan.....BUZZ! First Man is on my list of flicks to see!!

HINTS....

*Purses were checked when entering to see this.

*Some of you might have sung along...I don't think all of you...but I have been wrong before...LOL!

*This entertainment displayed a great deal of talent....kind of different.

I will try and check in tonight if I get back early enough, otherwise will check in tomorrow.

Must run....I mean hobble...LOL!

Annie

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

hmmm.... The LA Memorial Coliseum

• smitties
    5 years ago

did you go to a taping of "the voice".

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Jayeanne and Margo....BUZZ!

I am not going to tell you where I saw this as that could be giveaway....haha!

HINTS....

*It is not a movie

*In a way, a trip down memory lane

Happy Evening!

Annie

• PaperFinch
    5 years ago

My first thought was that it was a play. "Little Shop of Horrors?"

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

The Carole King Musical?

• smitties
    5 years ago

I don't know if it's still touring but did you see Jersey Boys?

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Well done Amy......We went to see "Beautiful, The Carole King Musical"......FANTASTIC!! Amy, have you seen it? Has anyone else seen it? If you like Carole King music, it is well worth going to see. Amy, 4 points for you!!

Thus far.....

Margo 9 pts

Jayeanne 7 pts

Lisa 4 pts

Amy 4 pts

But I am not done yet with my silly Q's...LOL!

Part 10

Beautiful, The Carole King Musical is over......standing ovation, of course.....the cast and their final bows have concluded. What happened then?

*surprise,surprise

Happy Thursday!!

Annie

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

you went out to eat, and had a glass of VINO =)

• smitties
    5 years ago

You were able to meet the cast?

My package is going out this afternoon.

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Annie, No I haven't seen it but it looks like it would be a lot of fun! Glad you had a great time!!! Amy

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

The real Carole King came out on stage!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Amy....way to go!! Yes, Carole showed up on stage. The audience went wild!! It turns out she was in the audience watching the show.....incognito...hat and sunglasses. Four points for you Amy......

Thus far...

Margo 9 pts

Amy 8 pts

Jayeanne 7 pts

Lisa 4 pts

Part 11

After Carole King WOW'D us with her presence on stage, what did she sing with the cast?

And we all sang along!!

HINT.....

*a fun song

Later,

Annie

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

• smitties
    5 years ago

I feel the earth move.

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

You've got a friend

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Good Morning!!

Margo.....good call....4 points for you! Yes, Carole King brought the house down with the cast singing "I Feel The Earth Move".....and the earth did move. Love that song!! And for your listening pleasure (from 1971 or 1972).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHuxpa4h48

Thus far...correct me if I am wrong on points

Margo 13 pts

Amy 8 pts

Jayeanne 7 pts

Lisa 4 pts

Part 12......final Q for 10 points

OK girls, this is the final Q. Margo, Amy, Jayeanne or Lisa, any one of you can take the prize.

There is a new addition to/at my home. Please tell me what I am referring too.

HINT.....

*Not a thing

*I did not add on to the house

*you must be specific

LOL!!

Later,

Annie

• smitties
    5 years ago

You got yourself s kitten to keep you company.

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

one of your twin nephews

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

moved in with you.

• skyblue52
    5 years ago

Good Morning girls. Annie you have had a lot going on. Tammy you went out yesterday. 2 day so Sat. or Monday.9405509699937986181150. I am behind on bulb planting. Need to take this time when the sun is out.

• pinkiris
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Amy ... your package has arrived ...thank you so much for the wonderful package and selection of seeds you shared with me...

orangish red tall canna (from her gardens) - love cannas!

white swan coneflower (from her gardens) - will wintersow!

Rudbeckia (from her gardens) - do you know what color these are?

Red Roselle (from her gardens) - never heard of this, excited to try these!

white currant tomato, (never grew these, will wintersow) and

Queeny mix dwarf hollyhock - sooo excited to try these! - hollyhock do well here.

A handmade card, with a 'sticky' leaf that Ive added to the door going out back patio area, (2) organic green tea, tea bags, ... and a beautiful PINK wind chime that says ' laughter and friends are always welcome'

and a yummy 'pumpkin' reeses bar, this is now gone, LOL.

Thank you so much Amy, very much appreciated ...its game day here and Im running behind but wanted to post to let you know I got it. Ill try to upload a photo later.

***hoping photo will upload***

OBF · More Info

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Jayeanne, You will love the red roselle. The flower looks like a hibiscus and you can make the most wonderful drink with the buds. The rudbeckia is a yellow one with dark center.

Here is a link to a recipe. https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Roselle-Juice. On Baker Creek Seeds it also says that you can make jelly or pies with them. I have made the drink and it is really good and supposed to be relaxing and very healthy. Hope you enjoy and I think they will grow really good where you are. Take care, Amy

• smitties
    5 years ago

Received my package from Tammy. I received a bag of hersheys miniatures. Love!!!

A memo clipboard

seeds- beets, kale, tomato - Roma and homesweet, cucumber, and arugula.

Thank you Tammy for the super package.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I have not been able to get on HOUZZ the last couple of days. I am headed home today...will check in tomorrow. Great simple seed and sugar packages OBFERS!!

Lisa, I will probably get your package out Wed or Thurs.

Happy Monday!! Enjoy!!

Annie

• skyblue52
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Oh my picture turned out terrible. Let me tell you, Margo handmade my card and so cute. 7 kinds of seeds , pumpkin stickers, apple cider mix, a super cool breast cancer keychain and a ton of gummies. I even love the gift bags. Now where to use my stickers at!!!

• smitties
    5 years ago

Oh my, can't take credit to the card. I received it in a previous swap. Glad you enjoyed the package.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Happy Tuesday!!

I received my wonderful package from Lisa......

*a lovely card.....my nephew commented on your card...."very cool". Did you make this? I thought you did because I know you are very artistic! I learned something new about you. I did not know you had any children.

*great selection of seeds in a.charming butterfly envelope (you made yes???)..Tomato Carbon, Tomato Green Zebra, Tomato Black From Tula, Tomato Amish Paste, Tomato Orange Minsk, Mini Bell Pepper Orange Lunchbox, Dwarf French Marigold orange and yellow mix. I have evaluated how you made this cute envelope...I am going to give this a try...to cute!!

*A delicious, beautiful, scrumptious HEATH BAR.....tiz gone. And the dogs did not eat it, my nephew did not eat it....I did!! Tasted so good!

Thank you very much Lisa!!

I got on the stick after returning home last night. Lisa, your package is on its way. I had my nephew drop it off at the PO on his way to school this morning. He will give me the tracking #. I would think you should receive by Friday or Saturday.

I show that everyone has sent to their partners. We are waiting to hear from Tammy that she received from Susan and Lisa should receive from me later in the week.

Happy day!

Annie

• PaperFinch
    5 years ago

Annie,
    So glad you liked your package! I can't take credit for the little envelopes, though. I received a bunch of them from a GW swap a year or two ago, but can't for the life of me remember who made them! : P

I have 3 kiddos. Aiden (13), Nyree (8), and Zephyr (2). They love helping out with the garden and planting seeds in our little basement greenhouse.

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Awe Lisa, they are adorable! I sure wish my boys still liked to garden, I miss those days! They grow too fast!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Amy

• skyblue52
    5 years ago

Lisa what cuties. so glad they love your gardening hobby.

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

If anyone is looking for seed Sustainable seeds is having a great half off sale. I think this link will work for you. Take care, Amy

https://mailchi.mp/c000feebfa98/30-off-fall-blow-out-sale-134057?e=30ec7f18ec

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Annie ... THANK YOU ever so kindly for the absolutely beautiful hand towels from the win! LOL They arrived today and look fantastic hanging off the dishwasher ... colors are perfect!

Girls are on fall break, and no game for us this weekend, so decided to take a few days and head to Orange Beach.

Many thanks Annie! Happy gardening!

OBF · More Info

• mcc371
    5 years ago

Hi Everyone I am sorry I just got a text from my daughter that I received my package from Susan. She opened it and sent a picture so I have goodies waiting for me when I get home. I received a bag of musketeers, some mixed spring bulbs, mentos candy, a I been boo-ed card, 2 types of lettuce seeds, coriander seeds and red Russian kale. And a scents melt. Thanks Susan for your generous pkg I can’t wait to get home to enjoy all of it.

I am in Savannah Georgia on a Fam trip for my travel agency. It has been an awesome 2 weeks! I will post pics of the Boone Plantation Gardens when I get back home. It has been amazing. I retired from the hospital and took a part time job and so I plan to start traveling and thought this would be a neat way to go and learn Plus still make a living...lol!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks Susan!!!! Love it!

• PaperFinch
    5 years ago

Just got my package from Annie! She sent mini Heath and Snickers, paper soap (never tried that!), glittery insect stickers (my toddler has a glitter dragonfly on each hand), calendula, orchid (I didn't know you could grow orchid from seed...What is your secret??), Scarlet Runner Beans, Blue Columbine, Safflower, Pink Sunday Sage, Gaillardia, Dianthus, Love-in-a-Mist, and Honeywort "Blue Kiwi." I'm excited to wintersow these this winter. Thank you so much!

Lisa

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Thank you for another fun swap Annie! Hope you all have a great week! Amy

• skyblue52
    5 years ago

Oct. Is over. Annie thanks for hosting.