Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

My First Christmas in Heaven

glenda_al
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My friend, Bob, lost his wife, of 46 years, July 3rd, this summer, to ovarian cancer. I lost my best friend Sally.

Bob sent me this, and I'm sharing in case someone at the KT might find this meaningful. I sure do.

Comments (16)

• maddielee
    5 years ago

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend,

glenda_al thanked maddielee
  • Rusty
    5 years ago

I'm so sorry for your losses, Glenda.

Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem, it is very meaningful. Do you mind if I save a copy of it to share with others? I lost my brother this past summer, and I'm sure his kids and grandkids would appreciate a chance to read it.

Rusty

glenda_al thanked Rusty
  • greenshoekitty
    5 years ago

I really liked that. Thank you.

glenda_al thanked greenshoekitty
  • glenda_al
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Please do, Rusty. I thought other's at the KT might want to share. Think it says it all!

• wanda_va
    5 years ago

I saved a copy...thank you for sharing this. I recently lost my best forever friend (of 48 years), and I'll think of her when I read this over and over.

glenda_al thanked wanda_va
  • gmatx zone 6
    5 years ago

Glenda, thank you so much for sharing your gift with us. There is so much beauty in the poem. I am going to save a copy of it, too.

glenda_al thanked gmatx zone 6
  • marylmi
    5 years ago

Glenda, thank you for sharing. I am saving a copy also, that is beautiful.

glenda_al thanked marylmi
  • liz
    5 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss Glenda!

• katlan
    5 years ago

That's beautiful Glenda. Thank you. I'm very sorry you lost your dear friend. God bless her soul.

glenda_al thanked katlan
  • lucillle
    5 years ago

Sorry for your loss Glenda

glenda_al thanked lucillle
  • gadgets
    5 years ago

I found this poem 20 yrs ago when I lost my Dad. I used a program to do a beautiful church background, then super imposed this poem on top of it. I printed it on photo paper, placed in a frame, and placed it on my Dad's grave. Someone stole it that very day. When I'd shared it with others, I was amazed at how it touched so many people's hearts.

Thanks, Glenda, for sharing this and bringing back such poignant memories. I would have loved to have met the person who wrote it.

glenda_al thanked gadgets
  • lgmd_gaz
    5 years ago

Love it, Glenda! Thank you for sharing.

glenda_al thanked lgmd_gaz
  • kayjones
    5 years ago

Let us stop a moment and remember those we've lost. We lost our dear KT'er, Nita, this year, so pause a moment and reflect on her sweet soul.

glenda_al thanked kayjones
  • lgmd_gaz
    5 years ago

Yes, Nita. What a special person she was. She and Mike were on my mind this morning. Hope Mike is doing ok.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thoughts for our loved ones who will not be with us this Christmas. Hope this poem helps!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations