0

Its not over yet ....

I read where newhostalady was worried that the ABCs will be over soon. Oh not so. Coming up will be the categories. Things like Minis, yellow, upright and new this year: Leaves just leaves. So until the lady in Jacksonville sings or the snow is gone we keep doing this every other day.

I am open to ideas on what you may want to see.

This is me today. Come visit.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

How about hosta flowers???

Sherry

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

So glad to hear that after the Alphabet, there will be more! Thanks!

I'm envious of your weather, Paula!

I will give it some thought as to what other topics or categories could be.

• old_dirt

Paula, you go gal! A few years ago we did a picture of ourselves, putting faces to names. Maybe a refresher?

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.

Well, this would me me then, wouldn't it....

Pieter

• sunnywood 5aChazyNY

Maybe seedlings?

• StevePA6a

How about a "Hosta you're thinking of getting rid of" category? See if anyone gets talked out of it.

Or a "Champion hosta", your hosta that "just wowed you", in size and maturity, last year.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

I was thinking along the same lines as Steve.

"Your top few favorites of 2018"

"Shrinking hosta for 2018"

"Hosta that disappointed me in 2018"

"Garden tips I've learned"

• mae (zone 5b On)

Would love to see your favourite hosta combinations. Hostas with other hostas, with perennials, with annuals... Right now my garden look can best be described as hostas with wood chips so I'm always on the look-out for great combinations.

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

what about progression photos?.

-from year to year

-from beginning of season to end

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

oh and can we have an ugly thread. As Ken would say......If it survives the driveway......to the curb hostas.lol

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

I wouldn't have many progression photos for a season, but I like Shadow's idea of progression photos from one year to another. I searched a random year for some of my hosta and then went to the current year. It was interesting to see the change. Mind you, I grow primarily in full shade, so growth is slow. But it was still nice to see. Doing that also pointed out hosta that had barely grown and maybe require some intervention (fertilizer, more water, different location etc). Something I will add to the "to do" list for 2019.

• ConnieMay

I love to see the promising hosta sports and seedlings growing in everyone's garden - could we work that in? I also love the progression photos of winning hostas...especially if they have been difficult. Top 10's are also a lot of fun; top 10 if you could never aquire another hosta, top 10 you would recommend to a new hosta enthusiast, top 10 from your garden when you find out you are moving in 2 hours and can dig them up, top 10 on your wish list, etc.

Paula - you are doing an awesome job! Thank you!