Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charleee

OLLD 7/17

charleee
10 years ago
Morning! No one started today's discussion? Or did I miss it?

Comments (365)

• olldroo
    10 years ago
    Roo, is ploughing through over 300 posts here today - my day is half gone. Angela don't ever take on decorating Buckingham Palace!!!

Absolutely love the last images. They are definitely a keeper in my book. I love birds too, and they just add a lovely touch, especially with the blossoms. Are they on a lumbar??

The geometric print in the previous lot, is way too heavy and out of proportion to me.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Well order place for pillows. wow such hard workkkk....
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Yes maam, you know that I cannot go to sleep without talking to you.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Roo, that was a really close close up, for color purposes only. We have hit on the final one. Gorgeous pop of color on pristine white field. Nice room. Good luck with all nighter Angela!!
    Morning roo :)
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Just don't change your mind!!!!!!!!

I'm with michele, the more I look at it the more I love it.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Michele we did good, well you did most of the work and just said yes or no.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Roo-I had already ordered the two and just now ordered the bird. so no I cannot change my mind.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    mforr - it is afternoon here now. I'm doing the white thing in my bedroom too with mostly green.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Made the decision, that was the hard part :)
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Glad that I did not get the first lumbar and woohoo the second one was much better.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Rats - I can't "like" Angela's comment 200 times, but I have it in writing.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Did you say the tiling was being done Friday?? That means we will see the full finished result on the weekend? Yes??
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Love green and white. I used green, white and bright navy blue in guest room at beach.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Well, sort of the bed is not being delivered until next Friday bcause you know furniture takes all day and I cannot miss school. The stuff that I just ordered wont be in until the 24th or 25th, so we looking at next weekend. Roo, I still have to get nightstands and accessories. .
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Nice, Michele and love those night stands and lamps.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Is that chartreuse, have that in my daughters bathroom..
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    There are two old dressers. One tall and skinny, the other shorter, wider with mirror on top, they will be painted SW parakeet, POW!!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Thanks roo, I "ribboned" the lamp shades. Like my cool jellyfish?
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    mforr, the green in the pillow slip looks the exact green I am using and the colour my walls are painted. My doona cover is white, trimmed in the green with some embroidery in pinks and aqua so I am thinking of using some aqua with it too. Just have to find things, I get all the ideas but then can't buy what I want.

I like your lamps too, I don't know what to do about mine, they are a little small. The bases my mother bought for us when we first moved in here and I really love them, plus of course some sentiment, but today's trends are for things taller. Not stressing, I will get everything else done first and then think about it.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Look at messy wires. They're fixed now, and the little mint glass starfish is gone, wrong color for room. Old pics.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Can you use the ones you bought for lounge? Or not tall enough? I got those two at homegoods, they look a bit like sea urchins stacked
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    How do I save a powerpoint to jpeg to upload it.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    See my eyes spinning @@
    I haven't got a clue
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    I was able to put them on a Microsoft powerpoint and now, wellllll.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Is the green a jellyfish? I thought it was a normal fish. The colour I used was called Birkit but looks pretty much the same as Parakeet except it won't photo properly for me. I did it in dd's room too but am using the fabric in the cushion for curtains and bed cover (when I make it), so the two rooms will look totally different.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Honey, I am out. Thanks a bunch hon. gonna go to work for real this time.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    That is a very calming color I think Roo.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Good girl Angela, work hard and do well, talk tomorrow. Great accomplishment, at internship and here too. :)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Roo, the jellyfish is the giant canvas over the bed. It's through a uv light or filter, it's awesome
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Never used Power Point sorry Angela.

mforr, the lounge room one would be too tall and wrong. I don't think they have any more at the shop anyway. I really want to keep mum's ones as I have absolutely nowhere else to put them. I have been looking around for possibly a bigger shade to see if that will work, but everything either has doodads and baubles hanging off it or comes in black, brown, red or a really cheap white white. I'm patient.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Oh DUH!!! I was trying to relate that to the bed cover, I thought you were very clever getting something that blended. Yes it is great especially having the green too.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Angela, I find the colour quite versatile. The bedroom I showed faces south so is a very cool room with not a lot of light the green is quite warm looking in there. My bedroom faces north and gets the sun all day in winter and is very bright in summer but it looks really clean and fresh in there and doesn't make the room hot.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Post a pic of the lamps, bet we could think of something with this group. Even my ribbon idea on my sea urchin lamps could help a plain shade become more attractive. I used two widths of grosgrain ribbon, small on top, wider on bottom. You could find it to match the gorgeous Birkit color. :)
    I'd better go to bed, I'm getting up in 4 1-2 hours, long drive through Pennsylvania. Good night Roo ;)
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Been trying to find a photo I did post here once of the lamp but of course the batteries in both my iPod and camera have gone flat. I am rapt in the sea urchin bases, they so meet my beach theme I have happening, although I wasn't going for it so much in the bedroom.

Sleep tight, we will catch up tomorrow. Safe driving too.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Night Michele and Roo, off to bed just got finish with the presentation, thank God that I am a fast typist....
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    Hey all

Going to be taking a break from all things online for the next few weeks. I will be back once I get my ducks in a row. Play safe all!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Robin, we'll miss you! Hope it's a very short few weeks! Take care of yourself, ok?
  • DIAspoton
    10 years ago
    robin, gotta do what ya gotta do. we'll be right here when you want us.
    charleee thanked DIAspoton
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Hope everything s ok, robin. See you sooner than later I hope :)
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Robin-we will miss you
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Robin - all of the above from me too. Take care and stay well and I hope you can get your basement sorted.
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Robin...that sucks! Was the patient's husband sober? People can get very nasty and it's so hard to not take it personally....But u don't have to be abused. I no longer will take abuse. Not long ago, a patient was yelling and swearing and I informed that patient I do not deserve to be yelled and sworn at and left the room...Funny thing, she stopped doing it. We have a hard enough job without being punching bags too.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    See you soon Robin. We will miss you, take care until then!
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Is there a new discussion.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Angela this was at homegoods
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Roo, don't you have an equivalent to homegoods over there?
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Roo this is close up of my lamp in guest room and another in master. The tassel is tiny wooden beads with shell and silver tiny fish at the bottom
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    This is the bigger picture
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    I hope they have it at mine.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    I hope so too, great colors.