Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robinbohbot

Willow Lane Cabinetry or Prosource Cabinets?

robinbohbot
5 years ago

Does anyone have experience with either company - specifically for cabinets but open to all and any feedback... Thanks so much!

www.willowlanecabinetry.com

www.prosourcewholesale.com

Comments (9)

• Cyndy
    5 years ago

Prosouce isn't a cabinet brand, they carry several different brands. Omega is one I believe unless it varies by location

robinbohbot thanked Cyndy
  • robinbohbot
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks Cindy - are you familiar with Prosource regarding their service, standing behind their products, etc? Are you familiar with any of their specific cabinet brands that you might recommend?

• zmith
    5 years ago

Prosource is a material wholesaler. Your designer or contractor would be the one to ask about them.

robinbohbot thanked zmith
  • robinbohbot
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Ok thanks - maybe I phrased my question wrong. If you've heard of Prosource, would you recommend any specific brand of cabinet they carry? And have you heard of Willow Lane Cabinetry (it's an on-line cabinet website).

• Cyndy
    5 years ago

robinbohbot - We are sourcing a few materials through Prosource, but not cabinets. I set up a business to build our house and set up an account with them. I don't have any experience on the customer service, sorry. I do remember hearing good reviews on here about Omega Cabinets -which is the higher end that Prosource carries.

Our cabinets are being built by an Amish Cabinet company.

robinbohbot thanked Cyndy
  • User
    5 years ago

Willow Lane offers only cheap imports that are overpriced and over hyped. If it’s used for anything HGTV, it’s a cheap import suitable to look at on camera for the reveal only.

ProSource is a wholesaler. You need a designer or contractor member to arrange to buy through them. They don’t install anything. They just sell it. Your contractor or designer is the one who installs and takes responsibility for your job. All products come with a manufacturer’s warranty, and there are no issues in making warranty claims happen, because all of the lines that they work with are reputable.

They sell Omega, which a great line. It’s head and shoulders above the cheap imports that no one should put in their homes.

robinbohbot thanked User
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I designed a local ProSource showroom and managed the buildout. All of the cabinet brands they carry are fine for the price and quality niches that they occupy. They carry entry level like Artistokraft up to full custom like Omega. Middle of the road would be something like Diamond/Kemper/Schrock.

My concern would be that if you are basing a remodel budget off of the import cabinet prices shown in your online link that you are likely not getting a realistic picture of the project costs when using a quality cabinet line and a qualified contractor’s labor. You will experience some sticker shock. Everyone does. But don't allow that sticker shock to send you into the arms of questionable quality materials. It‘s better to delay the project to save more than it is to move forward with questionable products and an unlicensed handyman.

I‘d suggest paying for a consult and sitting down with a local independent Kitchen Designer to go over all of the things that a kitchen remodel entails. It’s more than just cabinets and counters. You perhaps aren’t thinking about lighting or ventilation, or the floor support needed to work with a large format tile. Etc. Those things aren’t glamorous. But they have to be part of your plan too. Good luck!

robinbohbot thanked User
  • Double R
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

ProSource professional member here. Yes, they have many brands to choose from. Yes, they're not open to the public (except for showroom purposes). Yes, they are generally more expensive by a slight margin (often negligible). Used them for years, they have a TON of selection that you can visit in person, etc... If you're an end-user customer who wants to see many many samples in person at no cost and you're ok with needing to hire a pro to design and install, then yeah... this is where your pro will go. IF on the other hand, you just want to design this online through email and hire a cabinet installer... Willow Lane will design it for you and with you ahead of your installer doing demo and installation.

That said, this is more hands-on if you will... but Willow Lane, they are a drop-shipper, which means a lot of their cabinets (if not all of them) are not made by them, but are sent directly from the manufacture to your job site (or wherever you want them stored prior). You can get samples, but they will cost you per sample. I can only speak for the cabinets that we are doing for a client right now who was obsessed with the "Midtown Light Grey Shaker." https://www.willowlanecabinetry.com/shop-kitchen-cabinets/shop-all-kitchen-cabinets/midtown-light-grey-shaker.html

We know why they loved it once they arrived because they are truly the only shaker that's both light grey, but instead of being painted... they're the only ones we've EVER seen on the market that are stained grey. This makes for a very very subtle earthy, sophisticated, modern, but not a sterile cabinet. My fiend called it the "grown-up grey shaker" lol. Now, this is our 1st purchase and as expected, the cabinets did arrive with some damage. Now, normally, this happens behind the scenes with most cabinets companies, but since this is a drop-ship item (already assembled), we knew we'd see aprx 10% damage scattered throughout upon arrival. There was about 5% I'd say that needed replacing, which was NO problem. They have a Very-very organized workflow at this Willow place which has made the process amazingly stress free (they have a parent company "the RTA store" is why... this is not their 1st rodeo). Basically, if you feel stressed at any time, just don't be... they're trained to deal with end-user customers (vs. pros), so it's like Disney meets cabinets lol (they're going to bend over backwards for you). Anyway, as I sit here typing this, I'm still awaiting one last replacement piece, and then we start the job. One thing of note is that their Design process is very on-point. We got Rachael as our Designer who with only crude measurements alone sent us schematics in 3D so we could realize it, show it off to our clients, etc...