Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbbrown3

What style architecture is this home and help on shutter color!

mbbrown3
5 years ago

Hello,

Two questions below:

1) What style architecture would you say most describes this home?

2) We like the look of the green shutters as is however if we wanted to change it up what would be another color that might blend well?

My wife has brought up that a blue could look good but just curious what others may think? If you have any recommendations please let me know specific colors to check out.

Comments (15)

• wmsimons85
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I love your home! I think it is beautiful with the current soft color. I have similar color but it is more a French gray color which may be a little deeper blue/green. I have no shutters but the windows and trim are that color. Will be interested to see what others say.

mbbrown3 thanked wmsimons85
  • wmsimons85
    5 years ago

Oh yea I I would personally describe the architecture of your home as being maybe a little French. Love those working shutters.

• mbbrown3
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you wmsimons85!

Interested to see any other thoughts anyone has.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

Country French

Love those soft green shutters, just need to be a bit more intense hue.

mbbrown3 thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • chiflipper
    5 years ago

SO nice to see "proper" shutters!!! Lovely home.

mbbrown3 thanked chiflipper
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Yes I agree with wmsimons85 your beautiful home has a French Country influence. I did a bit of research regarding this style of architecture and the traditional paint colors used. In looking at the choices I was trying to find options that I believe would work well with your stone work, shingle color, dark wood front door and cream house paint.I attached some photos to illustrate the color options. blue/gray, mint colored - similar to what you have with a bit more green and a gray/brown. However, the shutter color you have is typical French Country so that one works really well too.

Look forward to seeing what you decide!

mbbrown3 thanked User
  • lorilou72
    5 years ago

Benjamin Moore Nantucket Fog is a beautiful blue/grey. It would look lovely on your home! Here is a blog that used it Enchanted Home - Nantucket Fog Shutters

mbbrown3 thanked lorilou72
  • mbbrown3
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you for all the suggestions. Nantucket Fog looks like a great choice

• wmsimons85
    5 years ago

I love a blue with a little green like Farrow and Ball Green Blue or BM Wythe Blue. I’m sure there are plenty of others but do love those.

• grapefruit1_ar
    5 years ago

I think that your home and current colors are much lovelier than the examples shown! The suggested colors are dull in comparison to your green.

mbbrown3 thanked grapefruit1_ar
  • houssaon
    5 years ago

Lovely house and great suggestions!

mbbrown3 thanked houssaon
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Fantastic choice mbbrown3!

mbbrown3 thanked User
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    5 years ago

Quasi-French because of the curved mansard roof over the porch and the barrel dormers. It's a very lovely home. I like the color of the shutters now but if you want contrast you could go with a dark color similar to your gutters and downspouts. I do love they are board and batten shutters. That style is certainly appropriate for French country.

mbbrown3 thanked Norwood Architects
  • mbbrown3
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you all for the compliments on the home! We are under contract to purchase it, we absolutely fell in love with it, especially the exterior.

Like I said we do love the green but were curious other options so I am glad you guys gave so many good ones.

I think we plan to keep the green for now and maybe in a few years when it comes time for some exterior painting we might play with the shutter color