Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_svensson_81

What’s a lighter version of SW Zurich White

Jennifer Svensson
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi

We love the tone and versatility of SW Zurich White and has used it before in our home. But with our new floors in I think it’ll be too ‘dark’, not white enough.. Does anyone know what a slightly lighter version of Zurich White would be? There are so many whites in SW collection. I have tried SW Pure White and it’s too stark and takes on a green hue due to the greenery outside.

TIA

Comments (10)

• Jennifer Svensson
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Lori- you don’t know how helpful that is!! Thank you!!

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    5 years ago

Good luck.

Know that often what people imagine "lighter than" or "less colorful than" will look like is different from how it shakes out in real life, different from the literal lighter than and less colorful than versions.

• Jennifer Svensson
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Thank you- at least your suggestions give me a starting point. I’ll get some samples and hopefully that will get me closer to knowing what I want. But you’re right, not sure about what I want exactly, it’s more of a see it and feel it kinda thing. :)

• Jennifer Svensson
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hoping for one last piece of advice or guidance. I’ve sampled several white flor and arcade white. Arcade came out slightly pinkish with the light but white flour looks pretty. I still can’t shake the feeling that it might just be a tad too light/too white. On the other hand, Zurich looks soooo pretty with plenty of sunlight but looks a little sad in rooms with less light. I’m hoping there’s a perfect ‘in between’ compared to white flour and Zurich.

White flour top part, Zurich white underneath.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    4 years ago

On the other hand, Zurich looks soooo pretty with plenty of sunlight but looks a little sad in rooms with less light.

I would go with Zurich any way. And I can tell you why. You're over thinking it right now but in two weeks you won't be.

Once you get the rooms put together, decorated, accessorized I bet you won't notice or think that it looks a little sad.

• Jennifer Svensson
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Lori! You are probably right. I’ll update once it’s painted and we will see.. :)

• calidesign
    4 years ago

I would say the opposite! If it looks gray or "sad" I wouldn't use it in the rooms without the light. But if something looks "too light" you can add colorful accessories. Your floors are a beautiful color that in my opinion won't look as nice with the gray walls. Why not try the lighter color in the rooms with less light. You also don't have to have one solid color throughout your whole home.

• Alyssa B
    8 months ago

Hi Jennifer, this is an old post but would love to know if you have photos/ what you went with. We're considering Zurich White for our home and haven't found a ton of good examples of it

• Jennifer Svensson
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Hi

We had ZW in our kitchen before and I absolutely loved it. When sampling, the samples looked more gray/ blue than my painted walls so I didn’t dare to go with it in case the formula had changed or something else impacted the color on the walls. I went with sw alabaster after sampling too many whites and being exhausted. I would not use it again because it shows up yellow/green in some rooms. I like it best without a lot of sunlight, then it’s not as yellow. But it is ‘light’ enough. For what I was looking for. Best of luck!