Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hp213119

Photoshop kitchen help

Heather
4 years ago

Does anyone have the ability to take an already drawn up kitchen picture and change countertop color, backsplash, and hardware? I’d like a better visual of what I want to do and if it would look good but I don’t personally have access to photoshop. Thank You in advance!

Comments (20)

• queenvictorian
    4 years ago

You can download a 30-day trial of Photoshop (unless you've already used it).

• damiarain
    4 years ago

You could use a kitchen planner (i.e. Ikea is my go-to) and recreate the kitchen layout in there, and use its built in options to try out various combinations

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Okay, Ill try those Thank you!

• NYCish
    4 years ago

If you don’t already have experience with photoshop, don’t make that your first try. It has a steep learning curve.

• ilikefriday
    4 years ago

Why not just post the photos and see if someone will do the mockup. Like NYCish said Photoshop has a steep learning curve.

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I just wanted to see if it was even possible to do since I am not sure of how to work Photoshop before posting & if anyone was willing to do this for me if so!

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

This is the drawing made up by the cabinet sales team when we laid out the configuration of the kitchen. I wanted to see how it looks with whats in my head before I made the purchase of backsplash and counter tops. Our current floors are a light natural pine, the island counter top will stay marbel, and the back (L shape) counters along the window and stove area I'd like to see with a nice glossy light graycountertop to compliment the veining of the marble, a subway tile backsplash with white grout.

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Im hoping someone could lighten the floors, do the backsplash, and change the countertops of the L so I could see a visual. Thank you!

• queenvictorian
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

It's doable, but would involve some masking (which is tedious if you want a good mask) and, if you don't supply images and colors for the backsplash and faucet finish, digging around on Google for assets to edit into the picture.

So, supply images of new backsplash/materials and faucet finish, and beg nicely, and then should a volunteer come forward, shower them with gratitude because they just did you a huge favor involving skilled work that usually costs $$/hr.

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

You are 100% correct! I imagine its very tedious I wish I had the skills and abilities to do such a thing. I dont need it perfect, a general idea is ok, I dont have anything bought I just want to make sure it translates from my head onto paper ok. All hardware will be Chrome, hardware of kitchen and sink faucet, undermount SS sink

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

flooring color

• bebreli
    4 years ago

We just completed our kitchen with similar colors. White cabinets and white subway. The marbling in our quartz is more taupe then gray and the other countertops are a taupe with white subway backsplash. It looks beautiful, and we love it. Our island we did in an espresso. You can’t go wrong with your choices.

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thats great to hear bebreli! Thank you!

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

ilikefriday thank you for your photo with lighter floors, that looks amazing!

• cpartist
    4 years ago

Print it out on paper and use colored pencils.

• Heather
    Original Author
    4 years ago

cpartist I was thinking of that same idea!! Thanks ;)

• cpartist
    4 years ago

Honestly, I know photoshop and I still printed out versions of my house and colored it in with colored pencils.