Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decormyhomepls

Would love your help in styling my entryway

decormyhomepls
4 years ago

I live right by the beach and my home is decorated with a coastal vibe. I am trying to update my entryway. Home is done in mostly blues and some greens. These are 3 pictures I’ve found online that could work above the 40” table. First one is 26W x 18H Second is 24W x 36H Third 30 x 30

i think if I used second or third I’d need a larger piece on table (where bird is now)

The small basket on table are for our keys. Basket underneath holds dog’s leashes.

Any opinions will be appreciated. Thank you

Looking in from front door

Looking toward front door

Comments (5)

• decormyhomepls
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Current picture is 32x8 to get idea of scope

• mmmunroe
    4 years ago

What a fun project. I have a few thoughts that are really just my opinion and shared with very good intentions and hoping the best for your project. I am assuming that your ceiling height is 8ft and the wall length is approximately 8ft as well. I find that oversized pieces are more dramatic and bring colour into a space without clutter or too much contrast. I would lean toward the large piece (#3) simply because it is oversized but I have one concern and that is your hall table. You can use multiple pictures but they should be same size and frame so that they group reads as one large piece (see example below).

I think it may be too low and small in scale for the space and for a larger piece. I think the console could be low and wider with a heavier scale (like a bench) or taller and wider to support the art and perhaps a basket with towels or a dry flower arrangement (assuming you don't have a curious pet or small children). I have attached some pics of lighter finished wood.

Finally beach themes can be less literal. The use of colours and textures that remind one of ocean side, "beachy" places with a few references work really well too. You have already incorporated blues which is a great start, natural woods, linen and sandy colours will give you the same feeling and be very elegant. You could even add some panel moulding to the pace to add texture. Nothing too elaborate but an extra layer of details to finish off the space.

Don't be shy with lighting and other accessories (e.g. baskets) a hook for a hat and light shawl (all complimentary in colour). This will help you to bring some of the colours in your home to the front door or be bold and paint out your door! Entries are so much fun. Good Luck!H

decormyhomepls thanked mmmunroe
  • decormyhomepls
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you so much for giving such an in depth answer. I truly appreciate it!

• Diana
    4 years ago

Hello! A mirror would look lovely above the console, or maybe an oversized long one on the opposite wall, flanked by some tall plants. Mirrors are always good bets for entry way, and with both walls and no window there, it will open up the space somewhat. I love the suggestions from the person above!

decormyhomepls thanked Diana
  • decormyhomepls
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Diana, there is a closet directly across from table and then wall ends. My front door is always open if I am home (glass door is there) and I get a lot of light there. I do keep some plants there during winter months when I take them inside from my Porch. Appreciate your suggestion and stopping by to help