Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katmiller0

Help with how to center please!

katmiller0
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are going to hang a very large picture on this wall behind the sectional this weekend. We’re a little stumped. We can’t center over the couch- it’s a sectional and it’s off center. Do we center on the wall? Or will That draw even more attention to the fact that the wall speakers are off because of the thermostat location? Or do we center between the speakers? Please help!!

Comments (17)

• branson4020
    4 years ago

I didn't even notice the wall speakers until you mentioned them. I'd ignore them in your considerations. I also think that several smaller pieces of art would work better.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 years ago

IMO that sectional complete with the table is too large for that wall. Is there another option?

• katmiller0
    Original Author
    4 years ago

We already have the large Picture. I’m not into the picture college. They are almost always askew and my ocd could not deal with it. So you think center on the wall?

• katmiller0
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Beverly, a couple neighbors have the same room layout with smaller furniture and in my opinion, it’s too small for the room. I was basically sitting in the fireplace to take the picture so it’s a vantage point no one ever sees the room from. But I do agree, it does appear way to big in the picture. We also are super tall people so we like bigger furniture to be comfortable.

• leighanngilson
    4 years ago

I'd center it on the wall and ignore the speakers.

• Olychick
    4 years ago

I'd center it on the wall, get a floor lamp to replace the table and lamp and use a coffee table or bunching tables that everyone can reach so there is no need for the end table, then center the sectional on the wall, too.

• katmiller0
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I actually really like that pic

• katmiller0
    Original Author
    4 years ago

If we center the sectional in the wall, the room becomes a foot smaller. The fact that it’s not centered in the wall never shows- only from the fireplace that I took the picture in. And we frequently use the side tables. Also, a floor lamp in that location wod get knocked over quite a bit as it’s right when you come around a corner and I have young kids. It may not be decorator worthy but it’s comfortable and works for us. We also spent about $6000 in the couch and tables so they’re not going anywhere for a while.

• jbtanyderi
    4 years ago

Art remains stable if hung on two widely spaced hooks. Not one of the 171 paintings/prints I hung for a client has ever budged.

• katmiller0
    Original Author
    4 years ago

My picture is probably not what others would pick for the room (based on the ones posted, which I do like both) but I like it quite a bit

• katmiller0
    Original Author
    4 years ago

This is the other art in the room

• katmiller0
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Sorry, not sure why it keeps turning my pics

• PRO
    Employee
    4 years ago

i think this is best

• katmiller0
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Than you for your advice, we hung it tonight

• PRO
    Employee
    4 years ago

Thanks katmiller and i suggest to you try the cowhide rugs on the center.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 years ago

The multi color art would look so much better over the sectional IMO.