Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ann9bnapa

My Endeavour Rose "Bloom Ball"

Ann9BNCalif
4 years ago

The Endeavour Rose (David Austin) is normally about 3-3.5 ft tall. In it's third year it through out a very long 6ft can with a large bloom spray at the end. Here's the bloom progression from this amazing "bloom ball."

More...

Comments (17)

• Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The final spray was like a very large, fragrant wedding bouquet with blooms growing from just one stem!

Ann

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    4 years ago

That is gorgeous! I love the day-by-day progression.

Ann9BNCalif thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Vaporvac!

Ann

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    4 years ago

I've never given this rose any thought before. How could I have overlooked this pretty thing! Such an interesting bloom with all those petals getting curlier toward the center. Thanks, Ann, for opening my eyes to it.

Ann9BNCalif thanked flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
  • Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you flowers!

Ann

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

Mmmmm, that luscious thing makes my mouth water. Now I know what a "bloom ball" is--ha. I always called them candelabras. I am like flowers in that I never paid any attention to the Endeavor, in fact had hardly heard of it. Now I'm going straight to HMF, cause Endeavor is over the top gorgeous. Diane

Ann9BNCalif thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you Diane!

Ann

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

Ann, I just looked up Endeavor on HMF, and they had no photos of it. Maybe you should contribute your wonderful photos. Also, HMF mentioned that Endeavor was a miniature. Is that the same rose as yours? Because your rose looks like it has big sumptuous rose blooms, far larger than miniature blooms. Where can Endeavor be purchased? Thanks, Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

OK, I thought it was an Austin, as you said, but HMF has some other rose listed as Endeavor. Maybe I should check again. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

I'm back again. I checked David Austin, and they don't sell Endeavor here in the US. Did yours come from England? Diane

4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Peter Schneider at Freedom Gardens sells it. HMF has it listed under the Endeavor. It needs the the.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

Vapor, why doesn't David Austin still sell this rose? I thought it came out in 2011. Very weird, I think. I noticed, while perusing the David Austin site for what is available in the US, that Evelyn is rehabilitated and being listed with a photo--a lousy one, though. What have they got against poor Evelyn? They tried to "retire" her, but it didn't work, I guess--haha. Diane

• towandaaz
    4 years ago

I like the new term, "bloom ball." Good one!

Ann9BNCalif thanked towandaaz
  • nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

Thanks, Ann. I knew something like Austin discontinuing Endeavor had happened. Maybe they should see the light (like with Evelyn), and rehabilitate Endeavor to the "good" list of their roses. Bah. I think we are too cold for Fortuniana rootstock, but I'm going to check out your link.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    4 years ago

That’s very lovely Ann!

Ann9BNCalif thanked sara_ann-z6bok
    4 years ago

Diane, if you do Own-Root, this is Peter Schneider's web site. For what it's worth you can always ask because he got permission to grow many of these roses as "test" long before they were available. If he can't clone it due to patent considerations, he will tell you. I do know it's on his current list; Freedom Gardens

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz