Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (34)

• Holly Stockley
    4 years ago

I like it a lot better than I've liked many of their past selections. This probably has more to do with the fact that blue is my favorite color than anything else, though.

This is an interesting shade, and would go well with a lot of colors. It seems a bit warmer than the current grey trend, too, if that makes sense. Like it belongs more with creams and beiges.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Holly Stockley
  • hollybar
    4 years ago

Certainly it is a very ubiquitous shade right now. So this strikes me as not predictive of any new trend. Which might be the point?

Lori A. Sawaya thanked hollybar
  • PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ha! Holly and Holly with the first two comments. (I'm easily amused...clearly.)

• salonva
    4 years ago

Interesting- I agree with all the comments. I am a big time blue lover so it works for me, but it s a bit "livelier " than many of the blues I usually have.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked salonva
  • ilikefriday
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I know nothing about color or Pantone but I don't think that color does much for me. I am still swooning over the green BM color that you posted a week or two ago. Still deciding where that color should go in my house. Benjamin Moore's Forest Green 2047-10

Lori A. Sawaya thanked ilikefriday
  • PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yeah, that one is a looker. I still have the chip on my desk.

• partim
    4 years ago

That's a beautiful color. I have a wool winter coat just that shade that I love.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked partim
  • User
    4 years ago

It’s 10 years too late. That’s when navy started to make tiny inroads. It’s in full blown fad, available everywhere now. I would have been more impressed with a dark green. That’s what’s nibbling around the edges right now. Even that would be a couple of years late as a predictor. It’s was all over KBIS. It’s much better than the Marsala or Radiant Orchid was.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked User
  • PRO
    MDLN
    4 years ago

? political message. : )

Lori A. Sawaya thanked MDLN
  • cat_ky
    4 years ago

I like the color. I wouldnt want an entire room of it, however. I think an accent wall, or even kitchen cabinets that color would look good.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked cat_ky
  • Secluded
    4 years ago

Love it. It’s an easy blue color to live with as an accent color.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Secluded
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    4 years ago

I love this color for clothing, and dishes, not sure I would use it on walls or furniture, though.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Lidia
    4 years ago

Meh. It’s a pretty blue. Not earth shattering...safe.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Lidia
  • Fori
    4 years ago

Crayola blue from the 8-pack, huh? I can't find anything wrong with it.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Fori
  • everdebz
    4 years ago

I'm an information gatherer and I enjoy color info. :) Might be close:

"Cobalt blue is lighter and less intense than the pigment Prussian blue. Historically, it has been used as a coloring agent in ceramics (especially Chinese porcelain), jewelry, and paint. Transparent glasses are tinted with the silica-based cobalt pigment smalt."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_blue

Boating on the Seine · More Info

https://www.houzz.com/products/boating-on-the-seine-prvw-vr~9038514

Lori A. Sawaya thanked everdebz
  • latifolia
    4 years ago

Sunbrella makes a marine fabric that color that I used to cover boat cushions. Perfect.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked latifolia
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    4 years ago

Color of the Year means nothing but marketing to me. Which paint manufacturer predicted gray? (Ben Moore's "Metropolitan" in 2018 doesn't count--it was after the fact.)

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • localeater
    4 years ago

Not a fan, it’s a bit too in your face blue for me. It doesn’t hint of anything else, it has no magic. Reminds of 70s flight attendant uniform.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked localeater
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

Not on a wall other than maybe a boys bedroom on one wall. I have always found blues hard to work with in decor.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Apple JT
    4 years ago

I guess I don't get COTY. Blue is always a good color... I personally prefer it in coats, blouses, and rugs rather than walls...but...

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Apple JT
  • Lori A. Sawaya thanked Jilly
  • ratherbesewing
    4 years ago

Does this mean I am current?

BTW, I think I painted 1 1/2 years ago.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked ratherbesewing
  • aprilneverends
    4 years ago

they do explain it because we live in times that require trust and something else..ah I found it

" We are living in a time that requires trust and faith,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, in a statement. "

Like this time is so very different in terms of how much it requires trust, and faith, and whatever else time usually seem to require..))))

Lori A. Sawaya thanked aprilneverends
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    4 years ago

Sounds like a lot of gobbldygook to me.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • cawaps
    4 years ago

It's a very patriotic blue. Unfortunately, I first saw this post in the throes of depression after watching the division of the 12/4 Judiciary Committee hearings (the divisions and intransigence were obvious no matter what side you were on), and patriotism just seemed bitterly ironic in that frame of mind.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked cawaps
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 years ago

Does the committee that selects the yearly color simply throw darts at a wall?

B O R I N G !!!!

I wouldn't use that blue on anything when there are so many more interesting blue colors to select from.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • IdaClaire
    4 years ago

I'm wearing a suit that's nearly identical in color today. I like the color for clothing, and would like it elsewhere, such as dishes paired with sunny, daffodil-yellow accents.

The verbiage accompanying the COTY announcement is just stupid, though. It's a freakin' color, nothing more. Jeez. Somebody at Pantone is high.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked IdaClaire
  • PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    4 years ago

I agree with the use of an accent and in conjunction with warm colors like yellows. I see summer in it. I personalty prefer more of a tone down Navy Blue myself.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Filipe Custom Woodwork
  • K R
    4 years ago

I did a similar blue in a new guest bath remodel that just finished up in October. My house is very gray, white, black and navy that I thought it would be fun in a guest bath. I’m happy with the splash of bold.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked K R
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    4 years ago

Just a little bit, just a little bit….

Lori A. Sawaya thanked JudyG Designs
  • PRO
    MDLN
    4 years ago

Lori A. Sawaya thanked MDLN
  • Holly Stockley
    4 years ago

I think they pick a color that doesn't go with anything that has BEEN trendy so that all the mad trend followers have to run out and get all new things. :-)

Also, doesn't Pantone cover not just home dec but also fashion? So often they're not necessarily thinking just about what the color would look like on a wall or a couch, but also as a suit or gown.

• Mrs Pete
    4 years ago

I like it so much that I painted my nightstands that very shade ... last summer. I like several of the pictures above, especially the living room with red accents and the bathroom with the blue vanity /patterned tiles.

Lori A. Sawaya thanked Mrs Pete