Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_jeffrey65

corner display cabinets

Sarah Jeffrey
4 years ago

Hi everyone from stuck in the house. I apologize for posting so much. my mind has lots going on. So hear is my display cabinets and I don't like them... I need help with them. can I stainless them? should I paint the inside? make 1 wine bar? my husband wants a TV in 1 of them. I am not one to have fine China so not sure about. Thank you in advance.

Comments (53)

• njmomma
    3 years ago

bump!

• njmomma
    3 years ago

Does your husband still want a tv in the cabinet?

Looks like the color blue is what you are considering in the room. That last rug you posted looks really nice.

One thing to consider when buying an area rug. Choose the smallest size to buy and see if you like it and if the colors work in your space. Then buy the size you need for the room.

Sarah Jeffrey thanked njmomma
  • HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Haha found it now. Anyways again, I would remove the white add the kind of rug you picked. Really pretty!!! And maybe round back chairs!😬 and more of them!

Sarah Jeffrey thanked HU-187528210
  • Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

njmomma No tv in cabinet :) It seems like I have order to many big rugs and sent them back thank you for that suggestion!!

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

HU-187528210 Thank you! I was thinking of adding more chairs also!!!! Love my new table just don't love the chairs either I will look for some round back chairs

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Yessss to wallpaper!! Love that idea. Also think a new light would add a lot

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

njmomma sooooo thas one of the things we were talking about is knocking out the wall behind the table.

I am don't love wallpaper but not totally against it I would just have to make sure I LOVE IT!

• njmomma
    3 years ago

Not a Pro.

Budget wise:

Change the wall color, so the corner display cabinets stand out.

Add blue accessories to the white corner cabinets

Paint the inside of the cabinet and add solid white accessories

• njmomma
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

What is behind the wall? that you want to knock down.

Are you considering an open doorway?

Window?

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

What about removing the doors off the top of the cabinets? Have them open and take the glass shelves and replace with wooden ones? Painted or not?

I have also talked about opening the wall up if taking it out isn't an option? That way you can see the fireplace in the living room.

You suggested changing the wall color what do you think? I have the worst time picking color!

• njmomma
    3 years ago

You have lots of great ideas!

I would start by finding an area rug you love! Can't live without!

You will get lots of inspiration from the area rug. Color for walls and decor you choose for the room. The style area rug you choose will dictate how you want the room to look.

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Omg removing the wall would be AMAZING. I Think it’ll change the entire house. Definitely find out if that’s doable!! I would go with a light blue. if the wall is staying there I would do molding on the bottom half or 2/3rds and blue on the top portiom

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Well the removal of the wall is extremely expensive! we would have to remove part of the roof, move hvac, and electrical. However I can cut out the wall and replace with a heavy beam at the top. Not sure how that would look. :/

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

O gosh!! I think I’d do that. Maybe go with rounded arches. Not sure the style of the rest of your house

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Everything in the house is square corners. so I need to see some pictures and go from there for the framing in of the knocked out wall

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ok, we keep going back and forth, we are going to put new VL flooring in. SO with that said, what color should I go with? We are taking out the corner cabinets out and going to cut a hole in the wall to see the fireplace in the living room. What everyone's thought about that?

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

I absolutely LOVE that idea. And I think it’ll look amazing. As far as flooring your style seems modernish. I’d go with a light colored floor. But would love to see some more spaces to say forsure

• Maureen
    3 years ago

You could paint the cabinets black and fill with pottery. Add a rug, chandelier and large artwork to create a uniformed look to compliment your dining set.

Sarah Jeffrey thanked Maureen
  • Ig222
    3 years ago

I think that part of the problem is that they are not true corner cabinets. Rather than being totally recessed in the wall like the ones posted by Maureen or njmomma, they protrude, which looks weird. It may be that by giving them some substance (either by pattern or paint), you will give them the interest they need.

I think Maureen gave you some interesting pointers. Change their content, give them some substance, and good luck.

Sarah Jeffrey thanked Ig222
  • Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Maureen where did you find this rug? Let me also say these doors on this corner cabinets is made out of laminate (countertop material) I am not sure how to paint that yet. I need to youtube this.

• Maureen
    3 years ago

Link to rug; found on Pinterest and there are lots of others as an fyi https://www.jaipurliving.com/polaris-pol24.html

Re painting laminate https://jordanjean.com/how-to-paint-laminate-cabinets/

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

what about this rug?

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I think this is the color I picked for the floor.

• Maureen
    3 years ago

Not a fan of the rug with your dining set, but floor is really nice.

• Maureen
    3 years ago

I was on Instagram this morning and came across the room below and wondered if you had decided to paint your cabinets black. If so, thought you may like to see - a great example for accessorizing cabinets and an attractive combination of rug, art and pottery; creating a warm and inviting feel.

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I really like this Maureen, I keep going back and forth about painting the cabinets. I looked at a color today from sherwin williams outerspace. Painting the accent wall blue and leaving the cabinets white?? I am so back and forth on this. My kitchen cabinets are white and not sure this matters. the rooms are one.

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ok I found the pictures of our remodeled kitchen in March, I should do a before and after picture first LOL

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The wall next to the refrigerator is not done yet. We just order another cabinet and that is going to be knocked out and be a coffee station with open shelving on the top. The bar stools need help lol.. this is a work in progress.

• Maureen
    3 years ago

What a lovely job! With cabinets being in the same room, I’d be tempted to keep them white and use the kitchen’s paint color. You could add a blue rug and artwork and even reupholster the chairs, so it all feels coordinated. Color combination below

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Omg that transformation is AMAZING!!!! but can I just say those peninsula chairs are so awesome!! I hope you still have them and incorporated into a movie/playroom. Awesome!!!!
    Anyways I totally agree with Maureen he black cabs are sooo pretty. Love the brown wood with it also

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

HU-187528210 we did save them :)

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

🥳🥳

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ok...what do you think of this table and chairs? I have a friend that might buy the one I have now.

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

The table is beautiful. Love that 100% yo me the chairs look very chunky... but I love the matching legs

• Maureen
    3 years ago

Really nice set and chairs look comfy

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

our new floors are in!!!! heated also!! we live in Michigan so it's chilly, not anymore!!

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

heated floors.

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

as you can see this is all one room now to find bar stools and a new kitchen table. still trying to decide on the corner units.

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Beautiful!! Love the changes looks amazing

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Well, here we are again. I sold my table and chairs, and can't seem to find anything I like or its on extreme backorder. My question is what do you guys feel about this painting? I would like to paint the wall Hale Navy by BM but not sure if its too dark? This painting shows up gold for some reason with my camera but its silver on the wall. The TABLE is NOT staying. What is everyone's idea with the blue wall???? Please and Thank you

• njmomma
    3 years ago

I think it will make the room pop!

Inspiration:

A Mid-Century Modern Apartment Makeover · More Info

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

celery do recommend the rectangle table over the round table? The shape?

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    3 years ago

It seems rectangular table looks good for rectangular room.

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

LOVE, LOVE this blue wall!!!! Now to shop for a new rug and dining room table!! I need to get new hardware for the corner cabinets and look for wallpaper for the back of them. Thank you everyone for the great suggestions/ideas!!!!

• Sarah Jeffrey
    Original Author
    2 years ago

And I am back! Ugg these cabinets and lack of furniture. What you do think of this? My cabinet are on an angle so my husband thinks the bench should also be angled? That's alot of angles. I really like this pic however benches??

• HU-187528210
    2 years ago

If you do a bench in that space I’d do it straight.
    Not sure it’s the right spot for it tho

• njmomma
    2 years ago

I would not do a bench. Add large beautiful art on that wall instead.