Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swimmingwithfishes

Unlacquered brass kitchen bridge faucet with pull-down feature?

swimmingwithfishes
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all, I really like the unlacquered brass bridge faucets from places like Perrin & Rowe, but I also love to have a pull-down feature on my faucets. Does anyone know if there's a faucet like the one below that has a pull-down feature? Every one I've found just offers a separate sprayer option.

Comments (30)

• darbuka
    4 years ago

Photo didn’t post. Try again.

• megs1030
    4 years ago

I have never seen one, but it doesn't mean they don't exist. Have you asked the salesperson at a kitchen & bath store? Or if you're working with a KD, have you asked him / her?

I love a bridge faucet, but I also really wanted a pull-down spray. We installed an air switch for the garbage disposal and a soap dispenser. Having all those, a bridge faucet, and a sprayer would have been too busy at the sink. So we ultimately chose a more traditional looking gooseneck faucet from Rohl with a pull down spray.

swimmingwithfishes thanked megs1030
  • swimmingwithfishes
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@darbuka I tried adding the photo twice, and it's just not saving for some reason. Here's the picture:

• darbuka
    4 years ago

Adding a pull down feature, wouldn’t be in keeping with the style.

Quite frankly, I’ve never understood the allure of a bridge faucet. They’re more difficult to clean around, and inconvenient to maneuver with messy hands. You can get a traditional-like look with the single level, pull down Kohler Artifacts...though not in unlaquered brass. https://www.us.kohler.com/us/Artifacts™-single-hole-kitchen-sink-faucet-with-17-5-8-pull-down-spout-and-turned-lever-handle,-DockNetik™-magnetic-docking-system,-and-3-function-sprayhead-featuring-Sweep™-and-BerrySoft™-spray/productDetail/Pulldown-Faucets/1062777.htm?brandId=1099993&skuId=1062766&categoryId=1011787&page=merchProductDetails

swimmingwithfishes thanked darbuka
  • M Miller
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I agree with Darbuka, the bridge faucet's attraction eludes me. If you are are trying to be authentic for an old-timey look in your kitchen, you'd also have to get rid of your range/oven, coffee maker, and any other modern appliances. And, if anyone from the 1920s magically came to this time, they'd love the conveniences of modern life including a single-handle faucet. But you love a bridge faucet in unlacquered brass, and you should get it, but you won't be able to have the integrated sprayer. Something has to give.

I also love the Kohler Artifacts kitchen faucet, it is lovely, it was designed ergonomically, and it has 3 great sprays. It is a traditional look, but not what you are talking about in your OP.

Perhaps a compromise would be that old-timey look single-handle, but with a side sprayer, though I know you said you didn't want a side sprayer. Just thought I'd offer the suggestion. This one is from Waterworks, and they have many finishes including unlacquered brass.

I also want to make sure you understand what a unlacquered brass living finish looks like. You likely already do, but just to be on the safe side, these photos are from Perrin & Rowe's website.

swimmingwithfishes thanked M Miller
  • Fori
    4 years ago

I love bridge faucets (especially if they're mounted on the wall) but it's physically just about impossible to have a pulldown on them because there's no place to stuff the hose.

swimmingwithfishes thanked Fori
  • PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    4 years ago

Forl is exactly right. Pull-downs are just not possible with bridge-style faucets. Where did you think the hose went, anyway?

• Jill Hilts
    3 years ago

Swimming with finishes - what did you end up choosing? I too am looking for a vintage style bridge faucet in unpolished brass.

• swimmingwithfishes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Jill Hilts, I ended up buying the Perrin & Rowe Georgian Era Bridge Faucet with side spray. It has been great. I decided the side spray was an ok alternative to the pull-down feature.

I did actually find some bridge faucets with pull-down features, like this one from Delta or this one from Jaclo. I just didn't love any of them. Jaclo does offer unlacquered brass, so it's possible the Steam Valve Faucet could be special ordered in ULB.

• Jill Hilts
    3 years ago

Swimming with fishes - thank you for your speedy reply and comments, very helpful. I’ll take a look at the Perrin & Rowe Georgian Era Bridge faucet. We have a pull down currently but are going for a more British type kitchen with DeVol Kitchens as our inspiration. The side spray reminds my sister and I of our childhood.

• swimmingwithfishes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Jill Hilts, I love DeVol Kitchens too. They sell a version of the same Perrin & Rowe faucet. It's a slightly different design, and it's "pre-aged" with some natural wear and tear. It's a very pretty option. Here's a photo I took at the DeVol showroom in Manhattan a while back:

• Jill Hilts
    3 years ago

Swimming with fishes- Oh, I’m so jealous that you visited the DeVol Kitchens Manhattan showroom. I contacted them to see if I could get a sample of their mushroom paint for my cabinets,but sadly, they said no. I also read on one of the Houzz threads that some imported faucets are illegal in US, not approved for drinking water here. Was not aware. Love the unlaquered brass finish!

• kay
    3 years ago

@swimmingwithfishes Thanks for those photos. I too am considering this same facuet. Did you find a drinking water dispenser? I see one in the photo you posted but am curious if you know what it’s called? I’m glad you’re liking your faucet, it’s good to hear!

• Jill Hilts
    3 years ago

Swimmingwithfishes can you please tell me if your Rohl Georgian Era faucet side sprayer has a ‘hold on’ button’? Or do you just keep the lever pushed down?

• swimmingwithfishes
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Jill Hilts, there is a button on the back of the sprayer, and you need to hold it the entire time you use the sprayer. I hope that answers your question-- I wasn't sure if I totally understood the what you meant by "hold on" button

• Jill Hilts
    3 years ago

Thank you! You answered my question.

• Jessica Uhler
    2 years ago

@swimmingwithfishes are you still liking the finish of the unlacquered brass? I'm currently deciding on my faucet and having to make these same decisions. I too love Devol kitchens and am trying as much as possible to create an old English kitchen vibe in my 120 year old house. I love the Rohl bridge faucet and several others. Here's one I found https://www.build.com/product/s1061378?uid=3677597

Also I have found some unlacquered brass faucets made in Morocco on Etsy. The price seems reasonable and the crafstmanship has great reviews. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1012567416/8-brass-bridge-faucet-unlacquered-brass?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=bridge+faucet+unlaquered+brass&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&pop=1

• Jessica Uhler
    2 years ago

My cabinet hardware is going to be unlacquered brass knobs from Rejuevenation. I'm also considering the polished nickel finish for my faucet.

• swimmingwithfishes
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Jessica Uhler, I love it. I also used it for all my kitchen hardware-- and all the other plumbing in the house. I don't do anything to maintain it. I don't wipe water spots or anything because I like the patina. There's a tiny bit of green in areas that get the most water, which isn't my favorite. I'm planning to give those areas a light once-over with steel wool when I finally get around to it. I did not use unlacquered brass for the kitchen sink drain. I thought drains would get too much patina or something. I bought a white powder coated drain to blend in with my sink. But actually the powder coating is coming off, and all the other unlaquered brass drains in my house (bathroom sinks, tub, shower) look great, so I'm going to swap the kitchen drain.

• Jill Hilts
    2 years ago

Swimming with fishes, what was your source for your unlacquered brass cabinet hardware?

• swimmingwithfishes
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Jill, I got mine from House of Antique Hardware

• Jill Hilts
    2 years ago

Thank you!

• Jill Hilts
    2 years ago

Wanted to circle back to this thread. We ended up going with the Rohl Georgian Era bridge faucet with the unlacquered brass finish and Massey pulls from Rejuvenation Hardware in their Aged Brass finish (which is not a live finish). We are about three weeks away from everything being installed. Will post photos when we are done.

• HU-575938047
    2 years ago

please do so! following here :-) I have all rejuvenation aged brass hardware in my kitchen and love it.

• Jill Hilts
    2 years ago

Put this in the category of ‘ I can’t believe this just happened’. We were done, we were there, furniture back and only the range hood left to be plastered. The hood plaster guy misunderstood the task and re-plastered the entire kitchen - which was already DONE and painted. So we wait for plaster to dry, then paint to dry and remainder of hardwood to be installed. I mean, are you kidding?

• worthyvess
    last year

Jill Hilts that IS unbelievable!
    Wondering how everyone is liking their unlacquered brass… considering it, but I do prefer it without a ton of tarnish. Willing to wax it and clean it very occasionally.

• pugham
    last year

@swimmingwithfishes I am looking to purchase the P&R Georgian Bridge faucet or the Georgian pull down faucet. I love the look of the bridge, but have read some negative reviews on the Perrin and Rowe Goergian bridge. Do you still like it? have any issues? Does the side sprayer have good water pressure? thanks. Any good or bad feedback you have would love to know. Thanks.