Comments (6)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    4 years ago

Have you been watering occasionally?

• PRO
    Rld Heating & Cooling
    Original Author
    4 years ago

It just got it like a week ago from an online nursery and it came bare roots.. i potted it the next day. Watered it and this is what I'm stuck with. Im not sure what I'm doing exactly or what the best care should be.. the pot is damp and she does feel slightly limp

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    4 years ago

If the pot is damp, there is too much water retained in the soil. Pot needs drainage hole, and potting mix needs to drain well.

Btw, this plant doesn't have shiny leaves...not sure if that is what you mean by dull. And it shouldn't be limp - that could be from too much moisture.

• PRO
    Rld Heating & Cooling
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you so much for your insight. Any tips would be appreciated. Im a Newby succulent lover and I want to ensure all of my succs get the best care. I bought a grow light cauecause I don't have the best lighting. It's red or blue or mixed... whats your thoughts on that?

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    4 years ago

got it like a week ago from an online nursery

==>>> im surprised that a quality plant would go limp in .. like a week ... was your source a quality source???

it doesnt make sense that a succulent would go limp in just a few days... even if left bare root on the sidewalk in that time period ...

contact your seller and see what they say ...

ken

ps: in the alternative.. too much water .... i doubt you could rot the roots off of a healthy plant in a week ... but i suppose anything possible ...

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Plant went thru shipping - how many days it was in the dark box? It could have been in humid and hot box if it traveled in warm weather. Or possibly cool. All these things are stressful to plants, and some recover fast, other slower. It is possible that it needs more time. But if you over-water it, it may have hard time recovering, if at all.

I have received few young, bare root plants that were in transit for just under a month. They looked dead, but eventually recovered. It was different plant, Pilea pepermoides. It took a long time for recovery. Here they are - upon arrival, and one of them 4 mo later:

As mentioned before, pot should not be damp, not after a week. What is the potting mix like? I see lots of white - perhaps perlite? - which should be good amendment. But many particles seem to be very small. It is best to sift it before adding, to get rid of dust. If dust is left, it will impede drainage.(Notice mix in the pot: particles are of very similar size, and no dust).

Grow light is great if lighting is a problem. I can't comment on colors, since I use only 'regular' white/daylight. I would think yours is just fine. How far is it from the plant? Succulents should be acclimatized to better light, or they could be stressed even more. Especially if they were in dark for a while.

ETA: is there another plant in same pot? Just wondering...And where are possible dark spots you are concerned about?