Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taryn_merkley

Why are my hydrangeas wilting?!

Taryn Merkley
3 years ago

My endless summer hydrangeas are three years old and a four out of five of them were looking amazing and growing huge this spring. I noticed one last week was wilting terribly even though was well watered. As a last ditch effort I dug it up and sprayed off the roots and re-planted it in a pot but I don’t think it’s going to survive. The hole that it came from seemed to be kind of waterlogged so I assumed maybe it was root rot?? The Hydrangeas next to it are huge and healthy and all in same soil with same water drip line. Today I noticed a few wilting leaves and flowers on the healthy ones. What is wrong?!

Comments (2)

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    3 years ago

Wilting is typically a water issue. And it can be too much as well as too little.

I would also suggest you repost this to the Hydrangea forum. The 'garden' forum is kind of an extra (and useless) catch-all forum that gets very little direct readership. You will get a much better response in a plant-specific forum. Be sure to include your location and how much water these plants actually get (drip volume and frequency).

• Taryn Merkley
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks!