Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmuhrich

Houzzers have never let me down. My new rental :)

lmuhrich
3 years ago

Lived in my house, selling and renting for a year to decide what I want to do when I grow up. I will attach pics of the living space vacant and then when it was staged. I need all new living room furniture except a glass rectangle coffee table from pottery barn. Besides my art, bedroom furniture and dining room furnishings--not much furniture will be moving with me. Fresh start

living space · More Info

living space · More Info

Comments (21)

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

the tv will stay there and swivels so not an issue with seating arrangements

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

This was when it was staged for sale and I get to rent it for a year unfurnished!

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This will work I think in the dining area for now...on a budget maybe some new chairs at some point but i like the cherry table because there are some dark tones in the new flooring. ART all is coming with me!

• calidesign
    3 years ago

Can you clarify what you're asking for? If you are staying in this space, I would absolutely change the fan into a nice light fixture to use over your table. If you're renting, keep the fan to replace it when you move again and you can take your fixture with you.

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

It's a rental! I hate the fan too. But think I can bypass that hideousness and get to see a view of water. My current chandy was replaced recently for my home sale. It needs to stay and was super cheap and is perfect for my home for staging... Thank you @calidesign... I do have good floor lamps as well that will be moving with me. I agree though something simple is better than the dated fan so maybe I can work with the landlord... Thanks for the suggestion! Noted and on my checklist for move in date inspection!! I needs a fan for air movement though

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@calidesign I think I am looking for furniture mockups or layouts. Not changing out fixtures quite yet..But agreed it is horrible :(

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

is it possible to lower that tv? maybe check w/the owner? it's way too high. Like, at least a foot too high. tell him you have neck issues. (and you will if you have to view it this high!) Not that difficult to lower the bracket holding up the tv.

I really like this set up. (even this tv is too high!) you don't have to do a large sectional though. I like the wood console under the tv, so maybe start there. then add a sofa, rug, some chairs.

Do you like Article? I love their sofas.

Ceni sofa

You've seen mine, yes? (they come in great colors, leather or velvet) (Sven sofa)

If you like this style, you could do a wood console under the tv (mine is vintage and I love how it gives some warmth to the blacks/grays/whites), and the rest of what you see. the 3 items are article, and the pouf was Amazon or Wayfair. rug I already had (And I'm on the look out for something different,,,hello? lol)

comes in a great blue velvet w/the chaise.

maybe you like more of an RH console? do a nice area rug, some baskets for texture, leather chairs?

want lighter? then do something like this one. Nova sofa (article_

I've always liked this one from Em Henderson. she has more of a sofa table under the tv. but this layout could be copied for yours.

modern you could do a floating console.

this one is pretty simple. Not sure what you like

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Please note this is a RENTAL for a year with a view which I have never had and I am spoiling myself and family. The furnishings I want for this rental will move with me! Not like the ones I have had for 20 years that have to go...

• latifolia
    3 years ago

Any chance you can get them to prune the tree and shrubs? They are blocking light and probably didn't help their sale, either.

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ha yes they have pruned it all back and powerwashed the patio!

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Need help HOUZZERS with an area rug!! Dining area will need one too because everything echoes when the dog barks it hurts my ears!!

• lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Beth H. : not moving the tv the owners said...ignore the little stool

• PRO
    Mae Day Organizing and Interior Design
    3 years ago

Hello i am rich, They have already said it but here it goes again, wow what a great view!!

Are you comfortable watching tv from the couch? Have you tried moving the couch so it faces the tv and the two chairs against the wall facing the couch. That would open the room up and make it easier to watch the tv. You won't miss out on the view with this arrangement.

Echo when the dog barks; I can see that with the flooring. You know you have great taste you should trust yourself as far as picking out a rug is concerned. Especially because you are in the house and can see the colors better than we ever can from the pictures. You will always be safe if you choose neutral colors. If it was me I would go with something that doesn't show the dirt and hair so much and is also easy to clean.

Best Wishes,

Marcie

lmuhrich thanked Mae Day Organizing and Interior Design
  • Cindy Warren Fialka
    3 years ago

@Beth H who is the artist who did your big cat picture over your console table? Looks so familiar to me. I love it! Sorry for thread jack OP.

• calidesign
    3 years ago

Your furniture arrangement looks good. I would look for a medium blue rug, similar to your sofa pillow. It will add some life to the room, and also look nice with the blue and terra cotta colors outside your window. Then add a small round end table between the two chairs, narrow end tables for each side of the sofa, and a long console for under the tv. Make sure the end tables for the sofa are tall enough for the sofa arms. If you want to try a different furniture arrangement, you could place the TV directly across from the tv with room behind it for patio access, and then use a chair on each end of the sofa, facing in toward the seating arrangement. It would block less of the window. See which one works for you - either are fine.

lmuhrich thanked calidesign
  • lmuhrich
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Theresa Janssen
    3 years ago

since you have such a gorgeous view, I would keep the rug very neutral and subdued, you want your eye to go to the view, not the carpet...my eye went directly to the carpet in your options above. some thoughts. you can add some muted colors for pillows to bring in some color

lmuhrich thanked Theresa Janssen
  • Theresa Janssen
    3 years ago

some ideas for pillows... can pull in sunset, ocean colors

• PRO
    Mae Day Organizing and Interior Design
    3 years ago

Hello,

Hope your day is going well. Folks have posted some great suggestions. Have you ever searched the Pier One web site? They have some great rugs.

Here's the link: https://www.pier1.com/luxe-indigo-rug/PS59789.html#

And some pics. Just to show you what they have. My clients have really loved the ones they have gotten from them. Hope you have fun checking this site out. Marcie

lmuhrich thanked Mae Day Organizing and Interior Design
  • calidesign
    3 years ago

I liked your blue rug #1. The others were too busy. I also like the more neutral options that @Theresa Janssen posted.

lmuhrich thanked calidesign