Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roberta_maggisano

Help with front door colour

BETTY
3 years ago

I ve had this issue for a few years now.

wood door? keep it this colour? or go slate grey,?

Comments (20)

• Little Bug
    3 years ago

Wood of course.

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Wood

• BETTY
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I feel like this is a safe colour to match trim. However, door does not stand out...which is fine.

We are in store for a new door and we love a wood door. Im thinking darker stain not the same as garage door.

• Melissa R
    3 years ago

• BETTY
    Original Author
    3 years ago

ahhhh Melissa ...what app is this

• BETTY
    Original Author
    3 years ago

excellent job. can i see it at a distance with the yellow brick ?

• Melissa R
    3 years ago

It's the Sherwin Williams site.

Color is SW In The Navy

• Melissa R
    3 years ago

I'm all about saving money so I like the Navy door. A quart of paint is cheaper than a new door!

• katinparadise
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I think this Benjamin Moore Tandoori would look wonderful on your door. It would complement the wood and your beautiful stone.

• BETTY
    Original Author
    3 years ago

katinparadise,

I had something super similar to this and it was amazing. But for some reason when you stepped back and saw the yellow upstairs it looked weird...like something was off.

• katinparadise
    3 years ago

That's too bad. It's a really pretty color. I would see if you can find someone who can gel stain the front door to give it a wood look. It's done often on garages.

• BETTY
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you to everyone. I will post back what we do....
    We want a new door altogether to let in more light.

• houssaon
    3 years ago

I would keep the same gray on the new door. I think you have a lot going on color wise and a neutral color on the door works well.

• Jilly
    3 years ago

Is voting still open? If so, I’d like to vote for a nicely stained wood, as njmomma posted, similar to your garage. I think it’d look classic and beautiful. :)

• BETTY
    Original Author
    3 years ago

We are strongly steering towards getting a beautiful solid wood door. However, we are prepared to clad the wood posts to the trim colour....( even though we love them too) ...

I too think it will be too much wood.

• katinparadise
    3 years ago

I would add the wood door first and then take a step back before you decide to clad the wood posts. They're not very big and they don't take up a lot of visual space.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3 years ago

Wood finish or black to match the railings.

• BETTY
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you.... im so thrilled to see these comments...hehe...its exactly what I was thinking too.

The railings we installed 2 years ago are a custom dark brown colour. I just thought yellow ( upstsirs brick) and black would look like a massive Queen Bee. hahaha

• BETTY
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi everyone,

For those that suggested wood.... what stain should we go with? Darker ( gunstock) or to match garage....

I am open to clading the posts ( trim colour) and removing beautiful wood metal at the top of my patio.