Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matts_space19

HELP!! I can't arrange my new bedroom!!

matts_space19
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I just finished up removing an old fire place and repainting my bedroom which is essentially a loft, however now that im getting things set up I have no idea how to arrange the space!! this is the 4th time today that I've tried moving things around but just can't find something that looks good but doesn't make the space seem cramped... anyone have some ideas of what I should do!?

Comments (10)

• Susan
    3 years ago

Hi Matt is this a one room studio apt or just your bedroom? What is the area behind the curtain? Trying to figure out how to help you... please describe how you want this room to function.

• Olychick
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I'd start by taking every box and non furniture item out of the center of the room (pile it all up in one far corner), so people can see what you have that needs arranging. All the clutter needs organizing, but you need to get the essential pieces of furniture in place before you can do that. It's impossible to tell what you have and how much space you have now because of all the clutter and disorganization.

• Susan
    3 years ago

Not sure where you enter the room...but just looking at the photos, it seems the area behind the curtain is the “closet”. So you could start decluttering the room by moving the dresser back, into that area, and try to organize that space as your walk-in closet. Your bed could be centered in front of the windows. And your desk could be opposite the bed on the “curtain wall”. Some small bedside tables/lamps beside the bed would furnish your bedroom nicely.

matts_space19 thanked Susan
  • Trish Walter
    3 years ago

can you draw a rough sketch of the space showing dimensions and where windows and doors are.

You would be a good candidate for a nice Pax Closet system too.

matts_space19 thanked Trish Walter
  • matts_space19
    Original Author
    3 years ago

hi susan, my apologies I just finished organizing and getting ride of a lot of things so ive taken some better and more clear photos. The area behind the curtains is actually a staircase that leads down to my main living area which makes the entire layout of the bedroom somewhat awkward as Im not sure if I should place something infant of the curtains due to the fact that I added the curtains to just provide more privacy

• Susan
    3 years ago

Well if there is enough room behind the curtain to create a “closet”/dressing room”, does it make sense to install another curtain at the rear of that space to “wall off the closet area?

• Susan
    3 years ago

Just a thought...hard to know without seeing the entire space.

• Susan
    3 years ago

Disregard, did not see your additional photos before I made my last suggestion.

• Susan
    3 years ago

Not sure if your bedroom is wide enough to do the following but if so...

Place your desk beside your bed on the long wall with the window. So the desk sits near the single window and functions both as a bedside table as well as a desk. Place the dresser directly across from your bed with the clothing rack beside it and the tall mirror beside it. The mirror would “reflect” the window/light on the opposite wall. You could make your landing area the drop spot for outerwear/shoes...with alternating rows of interesting hooks or knobs to hang your coats, jackets, hats and scarves, with shoes and boots below. Fit the pole lamp in wherever you need light...other side of bed, beside dresser, near desk. Hoping you can obtain a bed frame/headboard to give yourself a proper bed! It’s a great space with nice finishes and good light. Best Wishes!