Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmara

Help! Where is the list of all the GardenWeb Forums?

cmara
3 years ago

I see my list of topics on the left of the page, but for the life of me I can't find the whole Forum/Topic list.

Comments (19)

• salonva
    3 years ago

I noticed this too. I used to be able to see a full listing ( of the home topics). Today when I select all, I get every garden topic but no home ones. I was able to put a keyword into the search box, like for flooring and then I got the flooring forum.

However, I am unable to get the FULL listing.

I even went to the USING HOUZZ forum and FAQ.

I keep reminding myself that I am not paying so I guess I will have to put up with the non functionality.

• cmara
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes salonva I tried all those things too. Paying? There's an option to pay? What do you get? I miss the old GadenWeb.

• tartanmeup
    3 years ago

Try this link. I don't know if the list is actually complete but it seems to be the most comprehensive one among the options. The discussion topics appear on the far left for me, with my selected topics on top and then further down, an option to "Explore discussions" with "Explore All Discussions" (this is the link I shared), "Featured Home Discussions" and then "Featured Garden Discussions". HTH. I have noticed that getting to the discussions forums looks different every once in a while so I guess there's still "updating" the site.

• orchidrain
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

The only way I can find them is when I click "Edit" on "Your Topics." A box will appear with all the topics you can choose and add to your list.

• cmara
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks tartanmeup. The strange thing is at the bottom left of my page I do have the "Explore discussions" option, but under that I only have "Explore all Discussions". I don't have the "Featured Home" or "Featured Gardens" like you do. When I click on Explore all Discussions on my page it only brings up about 10 Garden topics. Thanks for your link!

• cmara
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Orchidrain!

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    3 years ago

Richard(Vero Beach, Florida) recently posted the old GardenWeb list in the Test forum.

• DLM2000-GW
    3 years ago

There have been lots of glitches lately and I've gotten the 'work being don' notice that eld mentions on multiple nights. The houzz IT peeps have been busy and as usually happens one fix creates a cascade of other issues.

• salonva
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Yes I was getting the same list of only garden topics.Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I will try to save the link Tartan shared. Cmara, I don't think there is a pay version. I was really just joking (not too well) that since it's free I guess I can't get too upset.

I think the Edit Your topics is the fix I had forgotten.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    3 years ago

Richard's list contains links for several forums which were omitted from the 'Explore Discussions' list: Cooking, Hot Topics, The Kitchen Table.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 years ago

I do the same as orchidrain.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    3 years ago

As of this morning, Thursday 8/20, I can see the listings again using tartanmeup’s link after previously getting a work getting done notice. But it is no longer divided up into garden forums, home forums, etc., and has all the forums mixed together, which it didn’t last time I looked.

• tartanmeup
    3 years ago

"But it is no longer divided up into garden forums, home forums, etc., and has all the forums mixed together, which it didn’t last time I looked."

Yes, this is how I've been seeing the list for a bit now (from laptop). Annoying! I really don't understand why Houzz started futzing with the GW discussion forums. And why the forum looks and behaves so differently on my phone. Can't see any pictures in threads. No dates. Etc. There's also a magazine feature to the "Get Ideas" option - don't know when that started.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    3 years ago

At least it's alphabetized now.

• Chessie
    3 years ago

Thanks for those links above. I hate it when HOUZZ starts messing with stuff and everything gets lost again. I have always been able to get to the Gardenweb discussions section right from HOUZZ, and now that link has been removed. :-(

• NCSandyfeet
    3 years ago

Just getting to the “topics” tab is a pain in the a**!!

• dedtired
    3 years ago

But there is no link to Home Decorating Conversations!

• sportycatriley
    2 years ago

If you use tartanmeup 's link, you'll see Home Decorating Conversations.