Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momof2plus1

Master bath repair, need help with pain samples

Tanya Shelly
3 years ago

We are in the process of repairing our master bath. We are ripping out everything, repairing a leak then reusing the toilet, cabinet, sinks and granite. We will replace all of the tile (shower accent tile will be the one in the first picture), tub and repaint. We are doing all of this to list our house so we are trying to stick with choices that will appeal to most people. We finally found tile with an accent tile for the shower. Now I need to order paint samples. I am deciding between the three to the right of this picture. Are they too boring? Any other colors you would suggest? The trim is Navajo white and the bedroom is a light blue. The current bronze color is too dark in my opinion. Excuse the mess!

Comments (10)

• Tanya Shelly
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Here are more pictures since I haven't been able to add more than one picture to a post...

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 years ago

IMO that granite is really not worth dealing with in anew bathroom no accent tile and IMO the niceset look in a bathroomis 12 x24 tile porcealin plain the same on the bathroom floor and the shower walls a nice new shower door trying to now get new sinks to fit where the old ones were will be a PITA and those sinks and those tiles IMO do not work together and I bet the toilet matches the sinks which IMO needs to change too . Then a nice simple quartz counter with the same greige color in it and new simple sinks.. I think a master bathroom needs to connect to the MBR so I would need to see that too. I think to try to save some of the cheapest parts will only cost more . I would do a nice light greige tile , white fixtures and stainless knobs and handles on the vanity leave the vanity the dark color and paint the walls the same as the bedroom a nice stack of white fluffy towels and maybe some blue pieces on the counter for showings. Please make sure all the lighting in both rooms is LED in 4000K and then clean everthing twice in the whole house a clean house will sell better even if some stuff is old. Remove all clutter from every space especially the kitchen all familt pictures also.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    3 years ago

I would pick up the lightest color from the tile to match the paint to. It will make the bath feel lighter and brighter--a much more fresh and spa-like feeling. Agree with Patricia's comments above on the sink and counters. Pick a lighter quartz in a solid color.

• Tanya Shelly
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Patricia Colwell I hear everything you are saying but to be honest, insurance did not cover the cost of this repair. It was slow leak and we’re already at $50k in repair. When you are talking new counter, sinks, faucet and toilet then you are already extending a budget that just doesn’t exist. The tile will be 12x24. The toilet is a standard Toto not fancy like the sinks. I actually hate the sinks, always have but my husband loved them so I compromised. We also have two buyers waiting to see the house. If we extend this repair into more weeks than expected then we could lose these buyers. They are anxiously waiting to see the house. We are in a very desirable neighborhood on a lot that you cannot replicate if you want to stay in the school district. We just need to get the house to a pint where we can let them see it. We’re willing to give a credit at closing if a buyer wants to replace the counters/sink.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    3 years ago

Oh, well if you're selling this place, then just make it presentable and be done. I still think a lighter paint color is preferable. Hope you get your price!

• Tanya Shelly
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Sabrina thank you! Do you think the lightest color I have is light enough or am I off track? We just want it to look presentable and be able to get a CO as one buyer has already indicated the likelihood of a major renovation if they buy it.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    3 years ago

See my comment above. Match the paint to the lightest color of the tile background.

• Tanya Shelly
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Sorry, I didn’t realize the picture I posted of paint samples didn’t show. I’m having a hard time picking the lightest color especially if I eliminate the accent tile.

The door tile doesn’t really have a light color in it.

• Tanya Shelly
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Patricia Colwell Consulting @Sabrina Alfin Interiors After ripping everything out and looking at what we have, we decided to take your advice and replace the granite and possibly the whole cabinet. For the sake of time, I would love to find a 72" cabinet with granite to use to avoid having the granite delay the project another few weeks. This would also resolve some issues we are having with tub placement. The only condition is that it has to look good with dark oil rubbed bronze faucets. We have $4k worth of faucets that are new/almost new that we have to use. Replacing them isn't an option. We have not picked up the tile so we can completely scrap the tile we were going to use and start over. Our tile supplier has plenty of items in stock I just need to act fast. Any advice?