Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

$2.2 million or without Christmas decorations, $559,900

bbstx
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Real estate description starts “Spectacular, Stunning, Tranquil.” Not exactly the words I would have used.

Comments (50)

• bbstx
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Posted over 12 hours ago but not showing up.

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

I am not often for a loss of words....But I do have questions. LOL Do they own a stone yard? Are those funeral wreaths next to the sauna and far end of picture frame room? And what is the picture frame area about?!

bbstx thanked Allison0704
  • RNmomof2 zone 5
    3 years ago

Those bathrooms just look like fall hazards to me. I often wonder what the people look like that live in these houses.

bbstx thanked RNmomof2 zone 5
  • aprilneverends
    3 years ago

lol. thank you for sharing))) I'm thinking-stones around that bathtub should be sharper..toilet sits too low on these stones..raise it up..to have a fuller experience..))

bbstx thanked aprilneverends
  • texanjana
    3 years ago

Oh my. I too am at a loss for words other than the pool is nice...except for that grotto thing.

bbstx thanked texanjana
  • Kitchenwitch111
    3 years ago

Dreadful not tranquil!

bbstx thanked Kitchenwitch111
  • jojoco
    3 years ago

I hate homes like this. The outside has no soul whatsoever. How could an architect proudly stamp his or her name on this?

bbstx thanked jojoco
  • woodrose
    3 years ago

Dreadful and disturbing, Kitchenwitch. Do ya think they liked pink much ? And stone ? And golf ? And clothes ? And shoes ? And everything else they could think of to buy ? A whole room just for pictures ...really ?

bbstx thanked woodrose
  • IdaClaire
    3 years ago

🤯

Don't know if that emoji is displaying properly, but it's a head exploding.

"To each their own" generally holds true, but this is just a big, fat, HARD NOPE in my eyes.

bbstx thanked IdaClaire
  • always1stepbehind
    3 years ago

I was in up to the pool pics...what the heck!! MY EYES!! CANT UNSEE!!

bbstx thanked always1stepbehind
  • rubyclaire
    3 years ago

Wow...that's a whole lotta something.

bbstx thanked rubyclaire
  • bbstx
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The first post about this house, this one, didn’t post properly, so I made a second post. Consequently, there are now TWO posts (both mine) about this house. I’m going to use Oco’s emoji here 🤯.

1929Spanish, I never knew that is what WTF stand for! 🤣

It is one weird house.

• sealavender
    3 years ago

OMG!

bbstx thanked sealavender
  • cmm1964
    3 years ago

I’m totally at a loss for words. Even if you took everything out of there it’s still not good. It looks like it should be on The Real Housewives of New Jersey though

bbstx thanked cmm1964
  • Springroz
    3 years ago

The golf room, though....

bbstx thanked Springroz
  • User
    3 years ago

No one can say they don't go all in for the holidays...

• terezosa / terriks
    3 years ago

I guess that they really like golf...and gray.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Y’all tried to warn me but I just had to look anyway. What a train wreck! I almost stopped at the second bathroom with the toilet built up on rocks. Oh no, I had to keep going to see if there were any redeeming qualities.

• User
    3 years ago

😳 🤭

• czarinalex
    3 years ago

I can't even imagine walking into that front hallway. I think I would just back away... slowly.

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

I really can't find one positive thing to say.

• User
    3 years ago

That room with the pictures is a store room in the basement. There were also nutcrackers being stored on the floor. Maybe their realtor told them they had to sequester all personal photos for the pictures or while the house was on the market.

All the floors made me feel slightly nauseated— not because I didnt like them (I didnt) but because of all the “movement” in the pattern of stone and tile.

This house is the wordless, architectural explanation of the phrase “more money than taste.”

• reff31
    3 years ago

I went to straight to the pictures, paying no attention to where the house was located. After looking through a few of them, I said to my daughter, this looks like a house from The Real Housewives of NJ. OMG! It could be!!

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

I made myself look - at every single photo - yuck! The foyer was so overstuffed with holiday decor I nearly missed the Last Supper painting over the front door. They even used rocks for the toe kick in the kitchen.

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    3 years ago

My internal organs hurt.

• Olychick
    3 years ago

I was just looking at the outside, formulating a comment about how much i love natural materials used in homes/landscape but that this one simply didn't know when to stop adding different materials and patterns.

Then I opened the interior pictures and realized how calm and relaxing the exterior was by comparison, OMG! There is not ONE thing in that house I would be able to keep if I inherited it (because there's no way in hell I'd purchase it). eta: okay, I could keep the sauna. And, who knew pepto bismol was a color choice for fixtures?

The price history is fascinating, too.

• dedtired
    3 years ago

Whoa. Someone sure likes stuff. I wonder if the Christmas decorations stay up all year. It would take six months to put them up and six months to take them down. I have never seen anything like this. The one photo on the far left in the picture frame room looks like two people and a corpse. Really, no words.

• Peppapoodle
    3 years ago

And I thought the pink toilets at TMP were bad!!

Im speechless......

Money & class or the lack of one. They even have funeral wreaths. Oh, I just can’t.

• cawaps
    3 years ago

I'd take the workout area, if it weren't adjacent to the photo shrine. But otherwise it is really, truly, awful. I don't think they could have made it any harder to imagine the house with different stuff.

• jill302
    3 years ago

Wow, just incredible. Those bathrooms are crazy, not what I would want to wake up to each morning. Would prefer some true tranquility. It would be really interesting to see an interview with the people that own this house just to try to get some perspective on why they chose this particular decor, because I can not even imagine what they were thinking.

• Arapaho-Rd
    3 years ago

Oh my word......the outside did not prepare me for the inside !!

• Renovator Girl
    3 years ago

Around here there is a certain aesthetic in bath design that is best described as "Imperial Rome." I think they're going for "Medieval Castle" in the rest of the house. It doesn't look comfortable, but perhaps the staff follows one around with pillows and space heaters?

• Joaniepoanie
    3 years ago

It‘s a house! No, it’s a Christmas store! No, it’s a house!

• terezosa / terriks
    3 years ago

It‘s a house! No, it’s a Christmas store! No, it’s a house!

Or it's a golf pro shop!

• nutsaboutplants
    3 years ago

What on earth?! My allergies flared up just looking at all that dust-catcher fake greenery

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    3 years ago

My post disappeared. I wondered if the YouTube/ blog woman with the over the top decor, especially holiday kind, ever had a home in N.J, she was a topic here a while back. Very similar styles.

• pudgeder
    3 years ago

What a nightmare.

• Lars
    3 years ago

The photographer should be shot for not saying something😲.

• 1929Spanish-GW
    3 years ago

^^^ they probably have a room for that too!

• blfenton
    3 years ago

Way too much beige outside and what's with all the grey inside. - Those pink and grey bathrooms - just wow.

• Moxie
    3 years ago

I think it's safe to say they aren't try to sell to Muslims or Jews. Or minimalists. Or people with dust allergies.

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

..they have a room with a special key to it..when the sale goes through they're gonna hand out the keys and say:

-you can open all the doors as you wish, but this one

but curious new owners , after some inner struggle, open the door and see there seven dead photographers..

• Yayagal
    3 years ago

Giant nutcracker soldiers and saints, I have to say I enjoyed laughing at it.

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

Obviously this is "his" closest. I wonder if there's a "hers." I have never seen so many belts owned by one man. I'm kind of in awe at all of the jackets (or maybe it's just shock).

• Springroz
    3 years ago

I hope they don’t sell before Easter! I want to see the Easter bunny coming out out of the tomb!!

• deegw
    3 years ago

Every time I see a house like this I have to research the owners. This is a weird one.

The female owner of the house is a retired school superintendent. Her Linkedin touts her design skills ...

I believe she lives with her younger brother who golfs a lot and is in the car business.

https://clustrmaps.com/person/Munger-5h2vf

Here is her website.

https://www.projecteducate.org/?fbclid=IwAR2hdbKQJCue_wxdK-0n8c0FYTGtrFF02IctFxMpFhTQXorLzSBRr97dZZU

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

That website ...

• hcbm
    3 years ago

I have no words.

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

Does her Linkedin account also list her as a prolific shopper?!