Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_876960969

White cabinet paint color to match Montauk Quartz

We are trying to find the right white paint color that works wells with Montauk Quartz.

Comments (45)

• millworkman
    3 years ago

What is the balance of the kitchen? Wall color? Floor color? Trim color and type? Window color and type?

• Christine Hollern
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Trim will be the same white at the cabinets. Walls may also be white at this point. Floors are natural white oak in matte finish. Window and large window sill is light wood. Island and base cabinets will be dark blue gray. Only painting upper cabinets and pantry around frig white.

• Christine Hollern
    Original Author
    3 years ago

All I wanted to know is if someone had white cabinets with the Montauk quartz and what white was used.

• vicky mccann
    3 years ago

I’m wondering same thing of Christine Hollern?

• Christine Hollern
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Our cabinet maker had many white samples painted on 5"x9" wood and SW Pure White matched the best so that's what we're going with.

• bctx78
    3 years ago

We used SW Snowbound.

Christine Hollern thanked bctx78
  • Christine Hollern
    Original Author
    3 years ago

We put our project on hold for a short period bc we thought of going with natural wood. After this past weekend we are back to possibly doing white. We had picked pure white but when we did a sample on the wall the other day it looked pretty gray in our room. How do you like the snowbound? Is it a cool white or on the warmer side?

• degbert
    3 years ago

When you look at montauk, do you see more gray or a combo? I love it but cant have much gray.

• bctx78
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@degbert It is mostly just white. And from afar it looks solid white. When up close, the gray marbling is more prevalent than the beige/brown marbling, but there is not a ton of either. Hanstone will send you a sample if you can't find one at your dealer.

• bctx78
    3 years ago

@Christine Hollern The SW Snowbound is a bright and cool white in our lighting. It goes perfectly with the Montauk.

• bctx78
    3 years ago
  • bctx78
    3 years ago

@Christine Hollern @degbert SW Snowbound w/ Hanstone Montauk

• degbert
    3 years ago

Beautiful!

• alilabrosse
    2 years ago

I liked snowbound too bit had a pink look to it, sw pure looked ge

• alilabrosse
    2 years ago

Gray, So we’re going Sharon Williams Greek villa

• alilabrosse
    2 years ago

Christine- what paint color did you decide?

• Christine Hollern
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We are doing natural rift sawn oak cabinets and not white anymore. We decided to paint our trim throughout our house alabaster at 50% And the kitchen walls alabaster.

• Michele
    2 years ago

For those with Montauk, would you put Montauk in an all white kitchen or is the white not pure and clear enough? Thanks

• AGKY
    2 years ago

@Michele I have Montauk with wood cabinets. It's definitely an off-white quartz that was warm enough to pair with my wood stained cabinets. You can certainly pair it with a white kitchen, just make sure your cabinets aren't a stark white. Get the quartz first then decide on paint color for cabs/walls.

• vicky mccann
    2 years ago

I will get my countertop Montauk friday on the 16th… and my cabinets are white cloud, i will had you picture once received

• alilabrosse
    2 years ago

. I love my Montauk countertop! I paired it with Benjamin Moore Simply White painted cabs

• Michele
    2 years ago

Here is the Montauk with stock white Diamond cabinets and matte white subway tile.

• Danielle Watts
    2 years ago

I love Montauk but wish it was a brighter white.

• cristiec
    2 years ago

Ooo! I LOVE the white diamond with the Montauk! I was planning to paint my cabinets SW Pure White which is a warmer white but will need to look at white diamond now. For those with Montauk counters do they read more creamy white than white? My fabricator says they read “grey” but I see more cream. I’m wondering if a cooler white like White Diamond will make the grey in the Montauk pop more? My kitchen gets limited natural light so I’m worried my white kitchen will turn into a cream kitchen if I go too warm. Planning to paint my island a deep navy (BM Soot) and go with brass hardware. I love how the subtle gold veining in the montauk looks with the brass hardware.

• cristiec
    2 years ago

Here is the montauk with the SW Pure White

• Wilhelmina Veens Waters
    2 years ago

does anyone have Montauk paired with light oak cabinets? I am leaning towards this with a white subway tile and am trying to figure out a wall pain color. photos would be appreciated.

• Kevin Flanigan
    2 years ago

I was looking at this as well. Natural oak cabinets… Montauk maybe ???

• AGKY
    2 years ago

Coming back here to say that my paint chip that is close to the overall read of Montauk is Benjamin Moore Classic Grey.

• 2christene
    last year

Montauk color, there are subtle andvariations of color including gray, light brown, and pure white, all against a very light gray (almost white) background.

• T F
    last year

@christiec did you end up doing the montauk with SW pure white? Do you have pictures? I am between pure white and decorators white and chantilly lace with the montauk
    Thanks

• cristiec
    last year

@TF Yes....and no. I "chose" SW Pure White but the painter who did my cabinets matched the SW Pure White to the paint he liked to spray with so it came out closer to BM Chantilly Lace. At first I was disappointed because the SW Pure White was a warmer white but fast forward almost a year and I love the cooler white cabinet color now. The great thing with Montauk is that it goes well with warm or cool whites so you really can't go wrong with any of the options you are thinking about.

• lgriff
    last year
    last modified: last year

@cristiec what is your back splash?! this is what Ive been looking for to go w our montauk counters.

• cristiec
    last year

@lgriff we went with an oriental marble for our backsplash.

• Ashley
    last year

@cristiec do you know the color code your painter used for your cabinets? I’m going with Montauk and have to decide on cabinet color tomorrow.

My contractor is making a door in SW pure white. I was going to with a bright white cabinet color (has zero color added) but I’m nervous it’ll make the counters look more grey than white. Ugh!!
    Thanks!

• cristiec
    last year

He used the color code for SW pure white but whatever base paint brand he used made it come out a tinge cooler than the SW paint…I hope this helps. Try not to stress. Whites will drive you insane if you let them!

• Ashley
    last year

Thank you! Is your trim/ceiling also SW pure white? @cristiec

Yeah, colors are driving me crazy!

• cristiec
    last year

Yes! We stuck with SW pure white for trim. Not sure what our ceiling is….sorry!

• ahah1845
    last year

Hi christine, can you tell me what backsplash you used for your white kitchen with Montauk. Im doing the same however my white cabinets are SW Extra White. I hope it works

• Christine Hollern
    Original Author
    last year

We ended up not going w Montauk although I wish we did

• pfefd
    last year

Christine - can I ask what you went with instead? We are in agonizing process of choosing counters now and I like montauk but my husband not so much

• Ashley
    last year

Pfefd my hubs wasn’t a big fan of Montauk either and changed his mind. Haha. I liked a lot from MSI. I think seeing the slab really helps to narrow down the selection. I looked at so many quartz countertops!! I liked Smithfield from Cambria too! And MSI CALACATTA VALENTIN. It really was hard narrowing it down

• Christine Hollern
    Original Author
    last year

We went w MSI Calacatta Laza. However, i would not rerecommend. Within a year - 8 chips and we just got a 9th so 9 in 17 months. I‘ve tried contacting them bc early on they said they would give me 25% back but now they won’t answer phone calls or emails. Two different companies in our area stopped working w MSI.

• Ashley
    last year

Whoa, that’s horrible @Chritstine Hollern. I so sad and sorry to hear this. I wonder if there’s a company that can repair the chips. I had read negative comments on here about MSI, so that’s why I went with Hanstone. Also, our contractor has Montauk in his office/show room. So that’s what I went with but there was a lot of beautiful MSI colors and so many options. Maybe go back to the place you got the countertop from with pics? I think there’s a warranty with MSI.

• pfefd
    last year

Thanks for the cautionary tale. I also read some negative reviews on MSI. We are now deciding between Hanstone and Silestone. The latter has a higher price point though.