Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Fisher & Paykel integrated refrigerators, anyone?

Stacey Collins
3 years ago

I desperately want a seamless hidden fridge in our new house, but can't afford Bosch, etc. F&P makes a decent-looking 72" x 36" model that's under $4,000. I'm not too concerned about the capacity since we are just 2 and have extra freezer and fridge elsewhere. But I don't want to build in an integrated appliance if it's crappy and bound to fail... does anyone have any experience with these who can review them for me? Thanks!

Comments (7)

• chinacatpeekin
    3 years ago

This may or may not help, but I have had the FP 30 inch refrigerator for 10 years, and am completely happy with it. It’s been problem free.
    I love the look, and find the space inside is very efficient. It’s very quiet, and I like the “open door” alarm feature.
    I am currently beginning a kitchen remodel, and chose to buy another FP refrigerator for the project.
    I don’t know where you’re located, but I do suggest you check on FP service availability in your area.

Stacey Collins thanked chinacatpeekin
  • PRO
    acdesignsky
    3 years ago

Our refrigerator was installed this month. It’s gorgeous and fits like a glove.
    The freezer drawer takes getting used to. I’ve just never had one before. It is small but everything is easy to access. No bags of frozen veggies hidden behind the ice cream!
    The fridge feels like just the right size. It discourages hoarding of condiments for sure. Being able to see everything in once glance, because it is shallow, helps with organization.
    The vent at the floor is a little annoying. It’s a grey plastic vent cover which makes it stand out against our dark cabinets. I wish it was stainless steel to better blend in. I’m debating painting it the cabinet color. If I know it wasn’t bad for the ventilation I would run the baseboard in front.
    Hope this helps!

• dadoes
    3 years ago

Painting the grill should be fine if the paint will stick. Don't block it with a baseboard or obstruct it in any way. The air circulation is necessary to dissipate heat from the compressor.

• R R
    2 years ago

How did it go with the F&P integrated fridge and freezer? looking to pull the trigger in next few days. Fridge big enough? Happy?

• rpwoodard
    8 months ago

Weve had this fridge for 3 years now. we didnt realize that the ice maker would be notoriously slow, as someone mentioned above. Our 15 year-old KitchenAid fridge/freezer makes at least 3X more volume of ice in 1 day compared to the Fisher Paykel. The FP ice maker isnt broken...it was designed for this low volume. <sigh>

• artemis78
    8 months ago

If it helps any, we ended up choosing the Bosch over the F&P and it is the same. Supposedly that is supposed to help the icemaker's functionality/longevity? I actually don't mind it--it also means the noise is less noticeable since it just plunks out a few cubes an hour. But we aren't big ice users and even with an after-market mod to cut the ice capacity in half, I have to dump it once every couple of weeks to clear it out. I can see it being frustrating if you use a lot more ice!