Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Recent experiences with Fisher & Paykel dual fuel ranges?

artemis78
3 years ago

We are starting to hunt for a 36" dual fuel range, and I'm especially liking the specs and look of the F&P classic model (coupled with the fact that we are going to replace our refrigerator at the same time, and will be going with either F&P or Bosch for that, so that might help with pricing/rebates). Curious to hear recent real-world experiences with them, though (or with their older models as far as longevity, too).

If you considered an F&P range but chose something else, what did you pick? Are you happy with it?

FWIW our wish list is 36" width (can't change this), counter(ish) depth, easy-to-clean cooktop, and minimal/no screens/tech. Looking to stay at/below $6Kish if possible. We're pretty flexible on everything else, including cooktop components. Thanks!

Comments (16)

• Karen McHenry
    3 years ago

We bought a F&P gas cooktop and an F&P electric oven (both the contemporary line) in 2019. We've been very happy with both. We also have an F&P counter depth refrigerator. All of the appliances have worked well for us. The roll-out oven shelves are very nice quality. Hope this helps!

• artemis78
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks--that is good to hear (especially since you have the fridge too!) The roll-out shelves were new to us but both Bosch and F&P seem to use them (and anything will be an upgrade over the screechy racks our vintage range has now--we love many things about it, but that is not one of them!)

• Cat Simo
    3 years ago

@artemis78 not sure if you've already made your decision but we finally got our F & P dual fuel contemporary 30" range installed a week ago woohoo! Counter depth really limited the options, but this range is beautiful and functions great so far. I've used the oven for a roast and a pizza and both came out perfect. The burners have been used almost every day and work well too. So far so good.

• ffreidl
    2 years ago

Cat - 2 questions: 1) Do you know your model number on your F&P?, 2) What temperature did you use for your pizza?

• Cat Simo
    2 years ago

@ffreidl - I'm sorry to respond so late, I just saw your questions.

1) Model number OR30SDG6X1

2) I just use the Pizza function but I think the temp is 500 - 550F.

• Aleia K
    2 years ago

@Cat Simo any update how you are liking your stove?

• Aleia K
    2 years ago

bumping this is anyone has bought a Fisher & Paykel dual fuel lately?

• Sandy Wu
    2 years ago

Hello @Jenn Powers we were looking at the same one as yours and from some reading, do you find the cooling fan loud?

• Jenn Powers
    2 years ago

Hi Sandy. The cooling fan is definitely audible and noticeable but not so loud that it bothers us. It’s notably quieter than our vent hood on its low setting. We did some baking over the past couple of weeks and were very happy with the even bakes we got.

• Aleia K
    2 years ago

We ordered the 5 burner, duel fuel with the griddle

• Sandy Wu
    2 years ago

Aleia have you use yours yet? Still debating .. i love their older model of range top but it’s discontinued.

• Sandy Wu
    2 years ago

Thanks Jenn P

• Aleia K
    2 years ago

It’s in and I am mostly likely having it delivered next week. Apparently you have to claim your rebate before Feb. We ordered the digital 5 burner duel fuel with griddle. I went back and forth so much on the digital version, but once I saw it - I was totally in love. I also can’t imagine cooking without a timer. Yes, people say you have your phone..on our current stove, I use two timers when I have two dishes in, and I even use it when I am making things on the stove and need to come back to it.

We had so many delays, sadly it’s going to be months before it’s installed.

I think F&P may have some older items in stock (at least when I was shopping earlier in the year). Your appliance appliances store can check. When we were shopping there were so many burner versions of the range. The F&P rep at the showroom told me, they are phasing some items out to streamline their offerings, but I would have been able to order something if it was still in stock.

• Phyllis Fox
    2 years ago

Considering the white 36 inch F&P for remodel of old farmhouse. Presently live in another state and have 48 Bertazzoni- all gas. Love the look and really haven’t had any problems except at install- and learning to use a gas stove. Now I want dual fuel for ease in baking. Following to hear all your experiences

• lgdevries
    last year

Just got my duel fuel in Red, absolutely love it so far!!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!