Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_716983815

Andersen A series vs Marvin Essential

Harold Buckner
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have been looking at replacing my Casement windows. I currently have 32 year old aluminum clad casements that several need replacing. Some have swelling wood and do not close well. Some have moisture inside glass and some have oozing back tar inside the glass from the heat. Two sides of our house is full sun and really hot in summer.

Anyway my concentration was on the Marvin Essential and was ready to make a large purchase. Seems like a good Fiberglass window that I can leave the window open and not worry if it gets a little wet. Also the window frame, glass and assemble all made in my home town.

I was really leaning towards them until I was looking at the inside frames. The inside frames are flimsy. Also on the display model which was black, the lock had a black cover that kept falling off, not he crank but the sliding lock.

It started making my rethink my decision. So I took a look at the Anderson A series. It was an all Fiberex\Fiberglass sash and outside casing. The interior and jambs was wood. The sash brackets are under the sash which hides some of the hardware. They seem heavier and perhaps better made.

Does anyone have any experience between the two? The Andersen A series is priced about 500 more then the Marvin Essential. Looking at Double casement mulled with a RO 56 x 59 1/2.

Any suggestions or reviews on the two would be apricated.

Comments (6)