Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kurfamily25

Best sink color with marble counters?

Maria K
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am installing white cabinets and mountain white danby marble counters in my kitchen but can't decide on a sink. I am looking for one that is easy to maintain and looks good without much effort. I do not want stainless steel (had one years ago and it was impossible to keep looking good) and for the last 20 years have had a Kohler white enameled cast iron and wanted to try something different. Blanco sigranit sinks seem to get good reviews so thought this might be an option - maybe in metallic grey - but not sure it will look good. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

Post marble pic please.

• solhouse
    3 years ago

Beautiful marble! I agree big stainless steel sinks are really hard to maintain. I have a Blanco Silgranit sink in cinder (dark metallic gray) and it’s amazing. Goes well with gunmetal faucet, white cabinets and Neolith Retrostone countertops. The sink is so easy to keep clean. A quick spray and/or wipe and it’s clean. Food particles don’t stick, no problem with water spots and even dark hair color didn’t stain it. Fori is right Blanco has sample squares of the actual material. You are off to a great start with your project.

Maria K thanked solhouse
  • felizlady
    3 years ago

If you are in love with a particular white counter material, any other white in the room should be the same white as in the counter material. If you have a piece of your counter material to take with you when you shop for your sink or anything else, it will help you select the right color. I think you can find a gray kitchen sink that works with your counter. It’s not common, but a good kitchen fixture store person should be able to help you.

Maria K thanked felizlady
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

Elkay Quartz Luxe in Silvermist for that marble.

Maria K thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • solhouse
    3 years ago

Blanco cinder sink

Maria K thanked solhouse
  • PRO
    Julia & Elizabeth
    3 years ago

I used a white cast iron sink because I am not a fan of stainless sinks. Looks great!

Maria K thanked Julia & Elizabeth
Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!