Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_503507018

Kohler Simplice bar faucet “dribbles” off--is this normal?

Julie R
3 years ago

Hi! We’re finishing up a large renovation and installed a bar sink with the Kohler Simplice bar faucet.

When you turn off the faucet, the water dribbles out for a couple seconds after you have turned it off.

This does not happen on any other faucet in our house including the other gooseneck faucets. On my other faucets, when you shut it off, the water stops running immediately (note, this is not a drip situation—the water does eventually shut off, it just takes a couple seconds).

First, I called Kohler. They suggested we take out the aerator, rinse it, and flush the faucet in case there was debris in the faucet that was making this happen. We did that. Faucet still dribbles.

Called Kohler again. They sent a new valve. Plumber came to replace the valve yesterday. Faucet still dribbles. Plumber says it’s because there is water in the goose neck that needs to drain. He says the faucet is fine.

I have a Kohler Simplice kitchen faucet, which does not dribble, but it also has a sprayer nozzle that might prevent any “dribble”. It’s hard to compare the two, hence my question here.

Kohler said if the valve didn’t work, to call them back and they will send out a replacement. I believe that if the faucet was supposed to work like this, the Kohler customer service people would have told me that. Instead, they are sending parts and might send a new faucet.

So, my question: is a small gooseneck faucet supposed to dribble for a few seconds after you have turned it off, or should it just stop when you move the handle to “off.”?

I tried to post a photo of the dribble—it dribbles long snug or me to take a couple photos., but I can’t get them to load.

Thank you!
Julie

Comments (5)