Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bri_nut

Paint color to match grayish cabinets

Bri Nut
3 years ago

I am remodeling a house that has a open kitchen/living room. We have already purchased waypoint shaker style cabinets in the harbor color but haven't installed yet. I'm still trying to choose between 2 floor colors and then I can't decide on paint either. These cabinets are in between gray and white.. I am going for the industrial farmhouse vibe and want to do subway tile backsplash with black grout if I can make it work and big bronze lights over the kitchen island. Our painter is wanting to start soon and I have absolutely NO idea what color I should tell him for this room. Here is an example of cabinet color and then the 2 colors I'm trying to decide between for the floor.

I like SW mindful gray but when I hold the swatch next to the cabinet I feel like it looks almost the same. I also like griffin and fawn brindle from SW but I just have no idea how it would look and I feel like it may end up too dark for this space. Should I do white walls? I just hate to have it be so plain.

The cabinets will cover the far wall and left wall. This open area isn't very big at all so I feel like dark colors may be overwhelming. Any ideas?? Someone help please I'm so overwhelmed!

Comments (2)