Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Rain Again but at least it waited for photos

organic_kitten
2 years ago

I make actually do two posts today. an unprecedented day even after all that has been before:

Right front across from front left:

Rambunctious Rosie and Friends FFO: Mr Mayor Forsyth's Peeka Boo, Whistler's Sister

Integrated Losistics

Forsyth's Fire in the Hole and What's Up down south

Side Bed

Catastrophe Waitress:

Entwined in The Vine:

Pink Tarantula

FFO: Jellyroll Morton:

I will try to add in comments:

kay

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Border Crossing:

Sun Dazzle still standing tall pumping out blooms: So tall it is difficult to get above it where it is

Breathing Snowflakes with Lemon Shards

Great Balls of Fire:

Debra, thank you so much for this one: Spacecoast Frances Busby:

I hesitate to post since the camera fades the orange on Mean Green(thank you so much Julia) but side bed from the left-back. Without the sun being out, blooms are often facing differently.

Above, Means Green, Navajo Pony, and Long Legged Lap Dancer

And I will stop although there are many more today. The rain started shortly after I took photos and hasn't stopped. My plan was to do some weeding but once again the rain is here and heat is going to follow when the rain stops. Very very lucky to get photos today.

kay

• shive
    2 years ago

I love the first photo with SC Francis Busby front and center, and I like the shot of it be itself too! Your clumps are amazing! I especially like Entwined in the Vine, Pink Tarantula, Border Crossing and Breathing in Snowflakes. Great Balls of Fire is a pretty red, and I enjoyed seeing alll the garden shots.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you Debra. It was fun to get out and take photos today. But my beds have never had so many weeds and the rain makes it impossible to correct. Your seedlings are just beautiful. You must be so pleased with them.

kay

• Nancy 6b
    2 years ago

Kay, Pink Tarantula still has me drooling. S Francis Busby really looks good, such a great plant, isn't it. I love having Debra in my zone so I get a good idea how a plant grows, and she really nailed that one. My Integrated Logistics bloomed yesterday, but so splotchy. Sun Dazzle looks amazing, and love your clump of Border Crossing. I almost gave it all away a couple years ago and talked myself into keeping a couple of fans. So glad I did. It looked good before, but really likes it's new spot in a worse part of the garden where not many daylilies do well. I understand about weeds and grass. We have not gotten downpours this week, just occasional showers. I continued to pull weeds, but grass in my newer beds leaves me muddy from head to toe. And I need to weed around my veggie patch too

organic_kitten thanked Nancy 6b
  • shive
    2 years ago

kay - The weeds are growing like crazy here too. I am pleased with my seedlings, and glad I removed 300 registered ones so I have room to grow the kids.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

Now I remember who was the enabler on Border Crossing. It was you. I'd forgotten why it was on it...........They all look so lush. It must be almost a part time job taking pictures...........Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    2 years ago

Wow, amazing garden pics. What is the whitish one in the back on the first photo? I still like Sun Dazzle and of course Catastrophe Waitress looks wonderful in a clump. Great Balls Of Fire is a saturated red. Not seen that deep a color before. Breathing In Snowflakes has a nice light lavender color. I went and looked it up.Put it on my list. I can't tell where the weeds are. Your lush foliage must be hiding them..

Lots of rain here finally. 2 nights of thunderstorms and today a all day rainwith on and off heavy downpours. Flood watches in effect but no problems here. Temps have cooled down to the low 60's finally. At least the cicadas are quiet today and not flying around.

Julia

• lilykate7a
    2 years ago

Fabulous clumps! Border Crossing is pretty but put it in clump form and it is stunning! Of course, EITV always looks good when in clump form. You know I love yellow so Sun Dazzle calls my name too. Just wonderful garden shots!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you all for looking and commenting. Maryl, it is a pretty one in a clump like that. And picking off blooms so I can take better photos and I will admit it is hard to stop taking them when it is blooming like this, weeds and all.

Julia the one on the left is Entwined in the Vine. Breathing in Snowflakes was planted at the end of summer and it had bloomed in the pot before I planted it....it is a good one, worth having. And Sun Dazzle just goes right on blooming.

Kate, I was so surprised when I got up with all the blooms and since it rained most of yesterday, I had to pick the soggy blooms before I took photos. Since it rained foe several hours after I took pictures, there were wet blooms to pick a few minutes ago too. Border Crossing excels in a clump even more than some others, I think...It is fairly ordinary but such a color and in a group, it gets your attention. As soon as it increases just a bit, I will send you some Sun Dazzle, Kate. It is so tall it is a bit hard for me to get all the blooms in a shot.

This was such a surprising and fun day. I promise, I didn't jump up and down when I saw the blooming, but it may have been a close thing.

kay

• signet_gw(6b)
    2 years ago

I love the bright red with what looks like an orange center in the first image . Is that Rambunctious Rosie ? If it is it is gorgeous.

And if you folks have too much rain , send it my way , haven't seen any rain in weeks !

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I know Kate especially and probably Debra and I certainly would love to share it with you. And thank you, That bright clump with the orange center in the forefront of the first picture is the gorgeous Spacecoast Francis Busby. Rosy is in the second picture.

kay

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Nancy, I just now saw your comment. Today I pulled a Kate and sank into the mud while pulling wet spent blooms. Yes, I too see plants in other people's gardens and think I have to have that one too. I haven't seen your Vanilla Gorilla yet this year./ Your plant was what made me think I had to have Vanilla Gorilla. It is doing okay this year. My Integrated Logistics was the best purple it has ever been this year has bloomed the longest and is the darkest purple it has ever been.

It has been a funny, wet year for sure.

kay

• Nancy 6b
    2 years ago

Vanilla Gorilla has scapes but will be a bit before it blooms yet. I look forward to seeing it again.