Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncmomtothree

Hiding the CPAP!

ncmomtothree
2 years ago

I finally found a product to hide DH’s CPAP! A shop on Etsy takes old books and makes ”covers” for cords, etc. and I thought it would be a good solution for a CPAP cover. The shop owners work with you for colors. I think it turned out great!

Covogoods

Comments (32)

• bpath
    2 years ago

That's very cool! A new take on the secret hidden boxes for your bookcases.

• Gizmo
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

LOL - I first read it as you wanted to hide your DH's CRAP!

Tks for sharing a new find

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

cool!

• Fun2BHere
    2 years ago

That looks great!

• drsaj
    2 years ago

Please share the name of the shop. Clever idea!

• drsaj
    2 years ago

Oh, I see it. Covogoods. Thank you!

• ncmomtothree
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here it is from the back:

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Clever idea. Hiding in plain sight…almost.

• User
    2 years ago

How very clever! And great looking to boot. Thanks for sharing this ncmom. 👍👍

• Lars
    2 years ago

I have the same CPAP machine and have never felt the need to hide it. I would be offended if someone tried to cover or hide mine, but that's just me. I see this as sending a message to your DH that the sight of his CPAP offends you. For me, it would be too fussy, and I would not want that cover in my way.

Of course your DH will have to remove the cover every time he fills the water container, which for me is every two days, and it will be more awkward to turn the machine on from bed. Also, I have to have mine with the hose connection pointed straight toward the bed, or else I will pull the machine off in my sleep. If the hose were longer, this would not be an issue.

I see this as more of a bother than it is worth.

• maddielee
    2 years ago

Good idea!

At first I didn’t read carefully, I knew those books wouldn’t hide all the C*AP, DH keeps on his nightstand.

• localeater
    2 years ago

I am happy you are pleased with the way your project turned out. It does look coordinated with your decor. I skew function over form however, and I dont see the need to hide it.

• bbstx
    2 years ago

I like it. DH never had a CPAP but he had a heart monitor that had to be within 6 feet of him. It sent a report to his cardiologists office every night. DH was not offended that I tried to hide it.

@maddielee LOL.

• Fori
    2 years ago

Lars, I saw the CPAP in the photo and thought it was a desirable sleek high-tech device of some sort that I'm not familiar with. Well, it is. But it looks like an expensive clock radio or something and isn't unattractive.

• PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

Nice!

Patients concerned their "bedroom will look like a hospital room," may choose to put the device away when not in use, or cover it with a decorative box. Specially designed nightstands are available for CPAP users.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    2 years ago

Wow. That is such an improvement!

• User
    2 years ago

The book solution is far more attractive than those nightstands.

• ncmomtothree
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Believe me-I LOVE that machine! DH gets much better sleep and is a healthier person because of it! He doesn’t mind that I cover it because I clean it for him! 😁

• maire_cate
    2 years ago

I keep mine in the top drawer of my nightstand - not to hide it but because on a few occasions I've accidentally pulled it off the top of the table.

• 3katz4me
    2 years ago

Hmmm….we dont have a CPAP (yet) but I wouldn’t feel the need to hide it. No one goes in our bedroom but us.

• IdaClaire
    2 years ago

I think it's a really cute and clever solution. Obviously, people have different desires when it comes to how visible they want the equipment of their everyday lives to be. And that's perfectly fine.

• jill302
    2 years ago

Clever idea, thanks for sharing. DH has both an apap and the cleaner system on his nightstand. We would need a huge set of books. Won’t really work for us for the apap, but I can see other uses for this cover.

• woodrose
    2 years ago

My DH used a C-PAP machine for many years before his death. I'm not sure it's a good idea to cover one, even partially, or put one in a drawer. I feel like it may interfere with the functionality. IIRC, a C-PAP needs good air circulation when in use, and be located at least 6" from any wall or enclosure. It seems like it would be a nuisance to have to remove it from a drawer to plug it in, attach hoses, fill the water container, etc. Removing a cover would be easier, but you would need a place to put it when the machine is in use.

My DH had to use a TriVent C-PAP for the last couple of years of his life, which is a lot bigger and uglier than a regular C-PAP, but it helped keep him alive for a little longer and for that I'm grateful.

• talaveran
    2 years ago

My husband just discovered his CPAP machine was on a recall list, for Philips brands. This is just developing so here's an article with more information. His doctor told him to stop using it as of now. FYI

• Olychick
    2 years ago

Talaveran, thank you so much for posting this info..I had not seen it and found out my machine is affected by the recall. Ugh..

• Olychick
    2 years ago

The recall says to stop using immediately, but getting a replacement from the insurance provider will take weeks. Double UGH!

• straitlover
    2 years ago

I saw something similar to hide the computer router/modem.

• robo (z6a)
    2 years ago

I got DH to put his in a large nightstand drawer - which has two added bonuses of keeping it away from the kid and reducing noise. It works great and has plenty of clearance.

• Arapaho-Rd
    2 years ago

Clever ideas!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Very clever and well done!

• nutsaboutplants
    2 years ago

Cool and handy!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews