Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_811994047

Side Split Exterior paint help!

Jaclyn Bennett
2 years ago

Having someone come and quote us tomorrow for redoing our exterior. Willing to paint just the siding, or siding and brick and would love to have some inspiration for our meeting with them!

Also, husband is requesting no white siding because of dirt…🙄 (I’m still down to try to convince him😂)

Comments (22)

• houssaon
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Please don't paint the brick, aside from the increase maintenance cost your brick looks good. These are Benjamin Moore colors.

You could do a dramatic dark gray.

Gray with a green undertone.

Or a classic beige.

• PRO
  • PRO
  • Jaclyn Bennett
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Obsessed with the all white 😍

Thank you for all the renderings! So many good options

• Jaclyn Bennett
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Also love what you did with the landscaping! ❤️❤️

• cat_ky
    2 years ago

I dont love the white, nor do I like the bleeker beige. I do like the City Shadow up at the top. Your brick looks very nice. Please dont paint it.

• Melissa R
    2 years ago

I HATE white. To me every other house you see is white. I think because it was pretty popular YEARS ago.

SW Rycroft Bronze Green

SW Charcoal Blue

SW Sash Green

SW Inkwell

SW Sage Green Light

SW Urbane Bronze

SW Retreat

• housegal200
    2 years ago

You have a gray roof you need to take into account. A gray several shades lighter than the roof, with a slight touch of brown, would link brick and roof.

James Hardie - Timber Bark, Glenview, IL · More Info

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    2 years ago

To make white trim pop up if you like light version there is some option to go with off-white.

• elcieg
    2 years ago

Everything gets dirty outside. A good exterior paint (like B.M. soft gloss) makes a hose down brighten everything up.

I vote white.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

if you paint the brick, use this

Add some contrast w/charcoal or black trim around the windows, paint the door, perk up the flower beds

white on white. Onyx paint color for the black

The chick on HGTv (in kansas City) completely painted the brick on this one, and went w/board and batten siding above. (the before was red brick like yours)

if you want to keep the brick, BM Ocean Floor will go well w/it.

similar color shown here w/the red brick, blk/white trim

gray and gray. red door.

Celery Landscaping also did this one for someone else. paint the brick gray, siding a dark warmer charcoal, and a new door or paint yours. black trim

lighter blue gray siding

light gray

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

This is my absolute fave for siding with brick and I love all the trim done the same

• arcy_gw
    2 years ago

Instead of painting the brick why not choose a red color from the brick and match as well as you can for a monochromatic look? Paint the window frames black like the roof.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

arcy, because you get this. There's a reason why you don't see this combo

if you like red barn looking homes, this is ok.

• houssaon
    2 years ago

The first red on red, not so attractive. I like the second, but I agree no red.

• Jilly
    2 years ago

Bingo!

And excuse me, I have to run before Beth comes at me with a paint stirrer.

(Beth, you know I love you and am teasing.) 😘😄

Jaclyn, I like your idea of white siding, or all-white … love Celery’s, Judianna’s and Beth’s inspo pics of that. I wouldn’t want gray.

• Jaclyn Bennett
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Top of my list right now is urbane bronze and I’m glad there is now a photo of it to reference!

We’re not going to paint the brick. Too much upkeep and I am sort of attached to it.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

Jaclyn Urbane is nice w/brick. it should look good.

as for the upkeep part, not w/romabio. very, very little upkeep. it ages naturally w/the brick. 20 year guarantee on it.

• Jaclyn Bennett
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@beth just looked for what store carries it near me and it’s an American product and we’re Canadian so it’s unavailable to us 😩 that’s ok! I’m happy seeing all the options that go with the brick ☺️

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

jaclyn, it's avail in Canada. Don't know where you live, but Ontario has it (toronto).

General Shale - Cambridge

All Products

875 Speedsville Road
    Cambridge, ON N3H 4S8

519-653-3275

didn't check for other cities, but I'm sure you could have it shipped to you

what about Amazon?

• Jaclyn Bennett
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I’m in Windsor, we border Detroit. If we were in different times could just shoot across and grab it but not right now. I think we’re happy leaving the brick alone right now anyways. And not sure how the company we are hiring would feel with us supplying them with a product🤷🏻‍♀️