Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Blooms in Spite of Rain (and Cats)

organic_kitten
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My husband made the statement that the daylilies don't usually stay so pretty so long and he is right.

Some of them are reblooming which is okay if they aren't new ones, but I didn't catch Rosemarie Louise in time and it rebloomed: It is a lovely bloom

Carrick Wildon is blooming now:

Something Magic in the frequent rain

White Eyes Pink Dragon

Mean Green

Laura Harwood

Boy Crazy

May be more in comments

kay

Comments (11)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago

:

Jellyroll Morton

Sun Dazzle

Gypsy Cat

Orchid Majesty

Two and a Half Cats:

kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    2 years ago

Lovely post Kay. Gypsy Cats looks very good as does Rosemarie Louise. Sun Dazzle does dazzle eh? My questions is how would anyone have Two And A Half Cats? LOL. Nice pic of it. Just amazed at how well Laura Harwood does for you. Perfect blooms.

Too hot and humid here and storms are on the way. Hope it doesn't ruin all the buds on the plants. Staying in again today where it is nice and cool.

Julia

• Nancy 6b
    2 years ago

White Eyes Pink Dragon and Jelly roll both bloomed yesterday here. Pretty blooms, but not as nice as your. I think next blooms will be better. Gypsy Cats and Two and a Half cats are my favorites.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 years ago

Well Kay, the cats are my favorites today! Boy Crazy and White Eyes Pink Dragon are looking good, love the color on both. i do like the photos with the raindrops

Sherry

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank y'all so much for looking and commenting. The cat plants have been looking really good lately. Julia, I have no idea how two and a half cats was named although Clement often uses bits of each "plant parent name" when he names a new one. Yes, Sun Dazzle continues to bloom...it can't be long now, but it is a winner in my opinion. LH has always done really well here and has a lot of buds as usual.

Nancy, They do tend to get better, but every one of those two's buds are pretty whether single or multiple. blooms. I like Two and a Half cats much better this year than before. It takes two or three years for them to reveal themselves, doesn't it.

Sherry, I had many, many buds with raindrops on them but I am tired of the rain. I will be wanting rain as summer moves along, but we've had a lot and more promised. Today has been weird; One heavy shower followed by a bit of sun and repeat and repeat again! The rain has had a crazy effect on everything. I can see quite a few big snowballs on one of our snowball trees. They bloomed in April. Not bloom again in June.

kay

• shive
    2 years ago

As the for the name, Two and a Half Cats, I think it's a takeoff on the TV Show Two and a Half Men. A half cat would be a kitten. Anyway, this is a gorgeous post, and I love every daylily pictured. Rosemarie Louise just had to rebloom and show off her pretty face again. I think my favorite clump shot is Orchid Majesty. Gypsy Cats has such good color there. It must like the rain!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you, Debra. Yes, I am sure you are right about the name since he has Desperate Housecats. Rosemarie Louise is a beauty and the cats had a lovely bloom. that particular one is often picturesque. Gypsy Catasa is doing really well where it is planted. I was concerned that Mico would shade it, but it hasn't been a problem. I always enjoy it when Orchid Majesty gives a full bloom all over the plant like this.

kay

• Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago

Beautiful post. Two and a Half cats and Orchid Majesty are my favorites of these. Love the color and forms. I could name a whole lot more of these as favorites, but we'll keep it at two.

Brad

• lilykate7a
    2 years ago

Kay, Rosemarie Louise is so pretty! Orchid Majesty and Sun Dazzle make great clumps! But then, they are all looking good. You have had a great seadon.

• mantis__oh
    2 years ago

Gypsy Cats stands out in this group with many beauties.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Brad: Thank you. The rain is annoying, but the lilies do love it and show out as a result. I only had to water once this year.

Kate. Thank you, It has been quite a good season. New ones like Rosemarie have been lovely and old favorites like Orchid Majesty "preened". Sun Dazzle has been a lovely example of what a leap year can be.

Mantis. Thank you. Debra's beautiful baby seems to be happy in my Cat-name daylily section.

kay