Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (7)

• amj0517
    2 years ago

We also have a sodasteam and are very happy with it. It us used regularly.

1929Spanish-GW thanked amj0517
  • localeater
    2 years ago

I dont have the Aarke, but its very pretty. I think you would be happy with a sodawater maker as long as you have thought about the counter space. We have a very old Sodastream, it doesnt use electricity, some of the new ones do. I am glad mine doesnt need to plug in. Mine also used glass bottles, which I dont see any more, I am glad I bought a bunch of extras, Lol

I went directly to the Aarke website and they just released improvements in the AarkeIII model, so I would want that one. Price and colors vary from Nordstrom, to WilliamsSonoma, to Aarke. Check them all out. Personally I would buy directly from Aarke.

1929Spanish-GW thanked localeater
  • Lars
    2 years ago

We have a SodaStream and a Kitchenaid soda maker. The Kitchenaid is red and uses a lever, and the new SodaStream is electric and you simply push a button, which is much easier. The electric one is 17." high and fits perfectly on a counter under a cabinet. I noticed that the Aarke is 16" high, which is even better and has a nice selection of colors. The Kitchenaid is 17.9" high and is rather bulky, taking up more space. It also did not fit under our cabinet, but since it is manual, it can go anywhere.

The Kitchenaid came with directions saying that you must use chilled water, and so we have to keep at least one extra bottle with chilled water, but the electric one will use water that we get from our refrigerator dispenser, and so it is cool but not chilled.

I like that the Aarke is metal.

1929Spanish-GW thanked Lars
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks everyone. Nordstrom has the Aarke in sand for the anniversary sale. Lately I’ve been drinking a lot of sparkling water. Of course, until I saw the Aarke, I never thought of getting a maker. shallow, but true 😊

• ice1
    2 years ago

I have the Aarke in white at our summer home. we all love it. Easy to use and the bottles are a good fit in our fridge.

1929Spanish-GW thanked ice1
  • User
    2 years ago

we've had the same exact sodastream for about 11 years now. it's not electric, so it can go anywhere. we love club soda with lemon and lime slices, and also use it for cocktails. we never try to make "pop" with it, the flavor additives are garbage. the refill canisters are available practically everywhere now. we rotate two of them so we're never out. it's practically the only reason why we use Bed Bath & Beyond coupons, lol.

for us, it's not about saving money, it's about cutting down on waste. before the soda stream, we were going through a 12 pack every week.

important: be sure to make a note of how long you've had the plastic bottles. I looked it up and....yikes. I guess they can develop invisible stress cracks and explode. I wish they made these out of stainless steel!

1929Spanish-GW thanked User