Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brenda_near_eno

Raleigh Fall 2021 Swap special side-trades

brenda_near_eno
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

you know the deal. Here’s a place to set up specific trades, outside main general swap.

Comments (109)

• karen__w z7 NC
    2 years ago

Lorabell, you got it! Am glad the Hoyas have done so well for you - based on how great they look in your living room, I'll save these for my daughter. Am always looking for good houseplants for her.

• Claudia
    2 years ago

Does anyone have eucalptus?

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Anyone interested in Manettia cordifolia ’John Elsley’ ?

• karen__w z7 NC
    2 years ago

Brenda, I'm interested. Looks like it would be great for hummingbirds.

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Laren, bringi bringing you some

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ha-so many typos!

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    2 years ago

It’s evergreen, and grows well in shade, but blooms better with adequate sun

• CasaLester RTP, NC (7b)
    2 years ago

Brenda_near_eno, if you have more than one we would be interested as well.

• karen__w z7 NC
    2 years ago

Les, the Hibiscus mutabilis are looking good, so looks like I'm two for two. Can I get one of your Agave parrasana offsets?

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Absolutely, Lester!

• Sabji garden (7b), Raleigh NC
    2 years ago

Lora bell, Casa Lestor, would you like a full size potted King Tut (Cyperus papyrus) ?

I would love the , Common Jasmine Jasminum officinale, or Jasminum polyanthum potted plant.

2 years ago

This is what I have to far

Loralbell: bringing 3 nice sized turmeric plants and a Jujube tree start.

for my sun chokes, and a assortment of your basil seeds , Malabar spinach seeds . And a surprise.

Elsie Narron: PInk and yellow brugmansias. for my Agaves, pups.

Nice size lilac plant and yellow iris for my 2 black magic ees.

I can add another Black magic ee for a nice Kerria bush plant.

Bob Payne: River oats plants ( bunch) for my Lotus seeds

Any one else ??

2 years ago

I will be pruning my Gardenia and Althea ( sterile) with huge deep pink blooms. This one does not seed.

If anyone wants cutting let me know.

2 years ago

Sabji, we got a large pot of Cyperus papyrus from Sir John. Is yours from the same stock?

We could use some Gardenia cuttings material since we have only one plant in a pot and want to start planting them out - which is quite risky.

Did you have a chance to get in touch with Lauren Clear to get some tips on how to overwinter Nelumbo seedlings? This seems to be a bottleneck we haven't been able to get through.

• karen__w z7 NC
    2 years ago

I hate to say this guys, especially with Lorabell's begonias on the line, but I'm not going to be able to come swapping. Anything I've promised I'll keep until next spring, when I really, really hope we'll be in better shape re: this pandemic. But for now, it's Dec/Jan all over again for me.

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Karen, anything you want me to bring for you, i will if you leave in box by your mailbox, labeled with recipient, if you have time. in any case, i will leave your Manettia and Cohosh by your mailbox

• elsie narron
    2 years ago

Time is running out ! Here is my list :

Bob : Lilac for: Lily

Sabji : Burgs : yellow and pink. Iris: Reblooming yellow Lilac: big one. Kerria: yellow

Sabji.Do I have it right?. [5 plants]

For EE- Agaves .

CasaLester : Lilac Bush : For :Agaves.

Lorabell : Burgs : Yellow and Pink. Succulents + Some goodies !!!

For : canna ; yellow EE: White Lava and Echinops .

Please let me know If I have left anything out. SEE REAL SOON !!!!!!!!!!

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ok, so i will bring Karen’s trades, and we sort it out for her

• lorabell_gw
    2 years ago

My list of trades:

Sabji

Turmeric plants, a rooted start of jojube tree. Can you use some Garlic?

Elsie

Elephant Ear ’white lave’ , Echinops, and yellow Canna . i also have potted up EE Maui Sunrise and EE Maui gold in your pile if you can use.

Bob Payne

Coneflowers. a reddish orange one, and a thin flower pedal one.

Karen… if Brenda can deliver..

Impatiens repens, pink strawberry begonia, B. Red Fred( located decent sized one) B U540, B. Melanobullata (baby, baby plant), B Kui and B cleopatrea if you like as they are hating my new house dehumidifing system..

Anything else i have you can use?

2 years ago

Elsie : : Correct, I am bringing 2 black ees, 2 agave pups for your yellow iris, Lilac and Kerria.

Lorabell : Yes to garlic, Love garlic.

2 years ago

Lester, I have not been in touch with Lauren.

I will get the gardenia cuttings for you. Do you still have the arum italicum? Please please. i would like some plants tubers ....

The papyrus is from proven winners (not from John) .

Are these perennial? in water?

I can bring a agave (greater then 12inches all over) for a Jasminum officinale Frojas plant.

2 years ago

Sreeni are you coming? do you you have any jasmines, to share? I can give you snake gourd seeds. there are prolific.

• elsie narron
    2 years ago

Lorabell : Yes !! thank you !!

Sabji: Do you still want Burgs yellow and pink?

• thinkingofplants
    2 years ago

Karen _w It doesn't look like I'll be able to make it to the swap this time. I look forward to coming to the next one. Everyone enjoy yourselves and be safe.

• lorabell_gw
    2 years ago

Karen,

Speaking of Begonias..

i have an extra small B. Sizemoreae ( hairly leaves) that also likes more humidity than I’m going to give it this winter .. if interested i can add to the begonia stash.

2 years ago

Elsie

Yes Love both yellow and pink brugs.

2 years ago

Have an agave

Want a Jasminum officinale Frojas plant.

Anyone?

2 years ago

Sabji, Arum italicum is now still in its summer dormancy, but please remind us before the spring swap and we'll get it for you.

How tall does your 'King Tut' get in pots? Cyperus papyrus is a Zone 9 perennial that can grow partially submerged. Remember the Nile flooding its valley?

What kind of Agave do you have? There are hundreds of species. Any pictures? Is it cold hardy?

2 years ago

Here are some of the plants (quantities limited) that we may be bringing to the general swap. Will consider trades if someone is very interested.

Aloe ciliaris

Ananas comosus

Capsicum annuum: 'Black Pearl', 'Purple Flash'

Chlorophytum comosum

Euonymus fortunei: 'Gold', 'Variegatus'

Glaucium flavum - lots of seeds

Hibiscus syriacus

Hoya

Houttuynia cordata

Huernia: macrocarpa, zebrina

Iris domestica/Belamcanda chinensis : species, 'Hello Yellow'

Kalanchoe: 'Elkhorn", pinnata, luciae

Neomarica

Peperomia verticillata

Sansevieria cylindrica

Saururus cernuus

Sedum: acre, kamtchaticum, spathulifolium, 'Lemon Ball'

Tradescantia 'Kartuz Giant'

Zamioculcas zamiifolia

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Lester, how about some lemon ball for the Manettia we’re bringing you?

• trianglejohn
    2 years ago

Claudia - I have two wonderful Eucalyptus varieties in my garden, both from https://southerneucs.com/ so far so good for South Raleigh. I have tried to root cuttings and have failed. They grow fast with summer heat is the only advice I can give.

• karen__w z7 NC
    2 years ago

Laura, I'd love the sizemoreae. It's all humid all the time in my greenhouse so hopefully it will be happy. I've packed up your Hibiscus mutabilis and Euphorbia, and I found a second year seedling of the Camellia sinensis for you so it will be well rooted and has spent a winter outdoors already. The parent of these seedlings started blooming very young for me so hopefully it passed that trait on. There are a bunch of pups from my various semps, and I added Orostachys fimbriata which is similar in shape to the hens and chicks but blooms in the fall instead of summer.

Les, the second HIbiscus mutabilis also looks good and Brenda will bring that for you.

I'll miss everyone but look forward to next year.

• karen__w z7 NC
    2 years ago

Laura, because the Camellia sinensis has been out back of the greenhouse it’s accumulated some hitchikers. They’re seedlings of our native columbine and Pinellia tripartita Atropurpurea, so just pull them out if you don’t want those.

• lorabell_gw
    2 years ago

Karen,

i believe i wrote U640 on the U540 begonia tag.. dont even have a good reason!

• karen__w z7 NC
    2 years ago

Laura, I hope that thought didn't wake you up in the middle of the night! Thanks for everything, you have an amazing way with begonias.

And thanks to everyone for the plants, and to Brenda for bringing them for me. I've made so many great friends through this group.

2 years ago

Karen W - great thanks for adding Orostachys to our pot! We have a spot for them on our new crevice mound: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5263736/cold-hardy-succulents . Forgot to take pictures of the newly planted crevices at JCRA - Orostachys furusei is doing very well in one of them.

2 years ago

Thanks, John!, for conducting another successful swap meet. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful swap, and observing the covid protocol too.

2 years ago

Each time we are absolutely and completely certain that: 1, we already have all the exciting plants and we don't need anything else; 2, even if #1 were not true, we simply don't have any more room for new plants - then we go to the Swap and bring back a dozen of plants and still manage to squeeze them in.

• elsie narron
    2 years ago

Les,That was my laugh of the day.It is so true.We love every little plant.No matter how many others we have. THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

2 years ago

I am still learning about so many new plants. Thank you all, wonderful friends,

We are all a big plant loving family. Once the pandemic is over, we can all sit together for our family dinner again. sooner than later.:-)

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    2 years ago

So sorry I missed both swaps this year. I plan on coming in the spring (fingers crossed).

• Ralph Whisnant
    2 years ago

We hope so too, Gail.. Maybe we can catch up when Cheryl and I finally get to visit family in Greenville

2 years ago

Hello Ralph, You are doing better? I wrote a couple of emails to you. good to know you are doing well!

• Ralph Whisnant
    2 years ago

Give me a call soon to discuss plants I have

2 years ago

Hello Ralph, I will call you soon. Just trying to complete my medical appointments ( a whole lot of them). Take care.

• mace_in_space
    2 years ago

Hi all, is a 2022 spring swap expected? I just moved here and would love to partake!

• Jaimie
    2 years ago

I hope so!

• Janice Kyle
    2 years ago

Just logged in to check the same on the date for spring swap. So excited as the weather warms up and preparing items to share! :)

• Ralph Whisnant
    2 years ago

Not all of us on this posting got a notice of our spring swap. in case you are in the same situation, here is a link to the pertinent info. https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6238709/spring-2022-raleigh-plant-swa?share=houzz-email