Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carol_kisner

Pics of Coretec Blended Sienna and Blended Caraway

Carol Kisner
2 years ago

Hi there. We are replacing the floors throughout our home which was built in 1964. It currently has the natural oak that has yellowed with time that are in so many houses of that era. There are to many flaws to refinish. We have decided to go with LVP because we have 2 crazy furbabies who play tirelessly on the floor. I am having a really hard time picking a color. Our house runs dark as most windows are under porch and we are surrounded by trees. Every time I think I have picked something I bring the sample home and it looks to dark. I don't like the really blonde or yellow flooring. I fell in love with Coretec Blended Sienna and Blended Caraway and brought them home only to be disappointed once again. Does anybody have pics of Sienna and Caraway installed? The pics look like there is a good bit of light mixed in. My samples are darker in color with very minimal light included.

Also, does anybody have suggestions of any other Coretec color that would be light to medium light? I am wanting to stay in the browns vs grey. Thanks in advance.

Comments (32)

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

I just picked up a sample box of blended caraway, here are a few pics (please excuse the mess!)

• Carol Kisner
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing. It looks much lighter than my sample. Have you made a color decision?

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

I am now leaning towards blended caraway since it's a little less busy and more neutral when compared to blended sienna. But I'm going to continue to mull it over for a few more days!

Carol Kisner thanked Jorge Carral
  • Carol Kisner
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'm still deciding as well. About the time I think I'm ready to order I question myself again. Let me know which one you choose!!!

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

Thank you, Brian! Have you done any installations of this line? I'd love to see pictures of you have any.

• James Cronk
    2 years ago

Hi Jorge, Sorry, I haven't. I'm on the sales side of things. That is a new line for them as of about May, and they were backordered until this month, so finding some installation pictures would be difficult at this point. If I do get some I will let you know.

Carol Kisner thanked James Cronk
  • michalea1
    2 years ago

@Carol Kisner or @Jorge Carral have either of you made a decision? I have been looking at Provenza products until last night when I came across Blended Caraway. The sample I have doesn't show the color variation very well like the pics above do. If either of you have found additional pictures or installed-could you please share? This process is exhausting! Been looking at flooring for a month so far and just when I think I have it narrowed down....I don't!

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

Hi @michaela1, I am about 90% sure we'll go with Blended Caraway. I haven't come across any installation pics, but here are a couple more of my sample. There is another thread that includes pictures of Blended Sienna, which is similar but warmer and with a bit more color variation.

Check out this discussion on Houzz - https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6166603/coretec-blended-sienna-lvp-pics

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

Also, I will be sure to share installation pictures when we get there, but that will probably be a couple months away!

• michalea1
    2 years ago

@Jorge Carral-thank you so much! These pics really help. There isn't much online about this flooring and the distributors pics are pretty bad. Is there another option you are trying to decide between, or just trying to feel confident enough to pull the trigger? I've been all over the map-I really like Provenza Jet Set (looked really dark in my space), then Provenza Sweet Talker (seemed a little too trendy for what I was going for), this one seems like a happy medium since I am going for a light to medium toned flooring that isn't grey or orange. I'm exhausted! I've reached out to my sales rep to see if she can get me any pics of it actually installed. If I get any-I will pass them along!

• michalea1
    2 years ago

@Jorge Carral-so that thred you sent...I can't tell the difference between these pics of blended caraway and those pics of blended sienna. It did seem in others pics that the blended sienna had an orange undertone.

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

Yeah, it can be hard to tell the difference on camera with different lighting. The blended caraway is definitely cooler and more neutral, with slight gray undertones, but not obviously gray. Blended sienna has a warmer tone (I wouldn't really call it orange) and the light and dark pieces are more variable in color. Our flooring retailer doesn't carry Provenza, so we are really just between caraway and sienna. Pretty sure we will go with caraway, just waiting until it's time to place the order! My one concern is how it will go with other wood furniture we have which is mostly made of warmer/darker woods like walnut.

I saw lots of beautiful pictures of Coretec cairo oak and calypso oak, but they were too light and farmhouse-ish for our space.

Good luck with the decision!

• James Cronk
    2 years ago

Hi Jorge, I work in sales so I have access to what COREtec does and doesn't have in stock, backorders, etc. I wanted to let you know that they currently only have 5,000 SF of the Blended Caraway in stock (that's not a lot for the whole country and it could sell at any time), and the Blended Sienna is backordered until November 2. I don't know what your timeline is but wanted to let you know this as the supply of LVP is low, and backorders keep getting extended. You can't go wrong with either of those 2 floors. Cheers!

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

Thank you, Brian! We'll get ordering!

• mallorykaster
    2 years ago

@Jorge Carral, did you end up ordering/installing the Blended Caraway? The sample I have makes it look so dark but curious what a full floor looks like?

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

Hi Mallory, we ordered it and will likely start install in the next couple months. I will be sure to share a picture once it’s complete!

• Wendy
    2 years ago

This was an incredibly helpful thread, thanks all. We just ordered the blended Caraway for our full house and were still second guessing ourselves a little because it’s a couple shades darker than we were hoping for. The samples you have show much more variation and lighter sections, and I think we are finally satisfied with the decision.

• Jorge Carral
    2 years ago

Glad to help, let us know how the install goes!

• Jorge Carral
    last year

Blended Caraway, finally installed! Overall, we are very happy with the floors. They look a bit lighter in person. The first two pics are midday light and the second two are later evening (we are still waiting on most lights to be installed, so very dark). There are definitely some noticeable repeats but I think they will be less apparent once we have furniture in. We also went with the matching stair trends.

• Jorge Carral
    last year

Blended Caraway continued…

• Jorge Carral
    last year

This one is more true to the color in person

• Michelle Linden
    last year

For those of you who chose the Coretec blended styles with the integrated/pressed bevel, what are your initial thoughts?

• Jorge Carral
    last year

We haven’t moved back in yet, but so far we are liking the look of the floors. The integrated bevel looks great and I think is much preferable to the other, more prominent bevel style (I forget what it’s called).

• Nathan Huber
    last year

Hello @Jorge Carral after having your Blended Caraway floors for some time now, how do you feel about them? We are about to order them after way too much research. Any issues with yours? Any updated pictures? Thank you so much!

• Jorge Carral
    last year

Hello! Overall, we are pretty happy with the floors. I like how they feel to walk on, they are durable and easy to clean. Sometimes they can look a little busy (worse in pics than real life) and I wish the patterns were a bit more varied since I sometimes notice repeats. We also did the stair treads. Here are a few pictures.

• Nathan Huber
    last year

Thank you so much Jorge! They look wonderful. I am happy to know that you enjoy them overall too. Again, thank you so much for sending these. You’re house looks beautiful!

• Jorge Carral
    last year

Thanks so much, happy to help!

• thenry11
    last year

Thank you for the pictures and info! We are now considering the same blended caraway @nathan huber did you end up installing them? Any pics? @jorge carral do you notice a huge color shift with daylight vs warm light bulbs? I’m worried it will get too yellow in the evening with warm light?

• Jorge Carral
    last year

@thenry11, I haven’t noticed any significant color shift, I’ll try to get a picture later. I definitely haven’t noticed any yellow undertones.

• Jorge Carral
    last year

@thenry11 here are a couple pictures in the evening with lights on. Hope this helps!

• Anna
    last month
    last modified: last month

Blended Caraway installed a year ago and holding up extremely well.