Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kenley_law

Anyone heard of the Vinyl plank brand Medieval Floors?

Kenley Law
2 years ago

My wife and I are shopping for SPC Vinyl planks and we deciding between Gaia red series and Medieval floors Marseille collection (8mm). We saw a sample of both and they both feel and look good, but the medieval floors look more solid and feel more like wood. The texture is bang on. Just wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them?

Problem is, I cannot find any reviews on them, so I'm not sure about their reputation.

http://www.medievalfloors.com/marseille-collection-8mm.html

Comments (307)

• PRO
    Beau Monde Fine Floors Inc
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

@Dominique Yuan, what is "shin"?

Engineered hardwood contains formaldehyde, SPC does not.

Engineered hardwood is not waterproof, SPC is 100% waterproof.

Engineered hardwood is rated a 1000 PSI or less, SPC floors are rated 20000 PSI and over.

Engineered hardwood has no warranties, most SPC products come with both commercial and residential warranties.

I can go on, but you get my point.

• PRO
    8 months ago

We are the only showroom in the Bay Area that has full size planks on display.

• Vincent Zhang
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

Debating between Paris and Libourne. I'm looking for a product with less knots, uniform warm tones, and very consistent colorway (no streaks / heavy gradient prints). Also thinking of Chaumont... @Incapo you mentioned that one of your clients chose it because it has "minimal knots": but from your photos there are plenty of wood grains, streaks and knots, especially comparing against the former 2. Have you installed any Paris or Libourne? Would love to hear from your experiences.

• PRO
    8 months ago

@Vincent Zhang, definitely I would choose Libourne over both Pairs & Chaumont. You will need to see full size planks in person to see the difference. Pictures never capture the true color.

• tsunlilane
    8 months ago

We are now debating betweem Medieval Marseille vinyl planks and Provenza Moda Living collection. Which is a better floor?

• Torcia Kelayia
    7 months ago

Beau Monde Floors, have you installed any of the Madrid color? If so, I would love to see photos.

• Dominique Yuan
    7 months ago

Sorry, "shin" was a typo, I meant sheen level. SPC might be more durable, but adds no aesthetic value to my house. I don't mean to offend anyone who likes the product, just this particular brand is not what i would try again in the future.

• Jen Braden
    7 months ago

Dominique, do you like your vinyl planks to be more heavy textured as this Medieval Floors brand focus more on lesser textured grains on the planks for both their engineered hardwood and lvp flooring. I noticed with other brands, the lvp planks that we installed came with pretty heavy grains comparing to this Medieval Floors brand and it took us forever to clean.

• Jen Braden
    7 months ago

But for our customers who have money, they go for the engineered hardwood which we charge labor about twice the amount we charge to install lvp.

• Jen Braden
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

Below is the Medieval Floors Super SPC Collection Madrid 10mm thickness 30mil wear layer. The color is actually a lot nicer in person, a little lighter than the color Paris (Gaia Flooring Sole). I think both companies have the same color, just that Paris has 8 patterns and Sole has only 4. Personally, I like the Madrid color better than the Paris color.

• Torcia Kelayia
    7 months ago

Thank you so much for posting those photos of Madrid. I'm trying to decide between Paris and Madrid 10mm. I like the color better on Madrid, but I like the design of the planks better on Paris. Looking at the sample I have, some of the Madrid panels seem especially faded on the edges and in other places it looks smudgy (almost appearing dirty). It looks nice in these photos. Perhaps you don't notice it so much at a distance when installed. The room I will be putting it in doesn't get a lot of light. I actually thought Paris was a lighter overall color.

• Vincent Zhang
    7 months ago

@Torcia Kelayia from what I've seen in the showrooms, Paris and Madrid are almost identical in the color, but Madrid has more variation of depth (light / dark transitions) whereas Paris is "cleaner". Depends on if you are going for a rugged rustic look or a modern clean polished look.

• Jen Braden
    7 months ago

No the Madrid is not the rustic look at all. Have to see in person to understand what I mean. It’s very beautiful and cannot tell that the floors is spc or lvp flooring. Paris and Madrid are very different in color tones as well. Madrid is more light brown hues. I guess the lights in every houses are different because my customer bought 1 box of the Madrid, 1 box of Paris, 1 box of Laval, and they were super happy with their 10mm Madrid choice. I think both Paris and Madrid colors are nice, you can’t go wrong with neither.

• Torcia Kelayia
    7 months ago

Ah that might be a good idea to buy a box to see what it looks like before installing.

• PRO
    7 months ago

Medieval Floors newest colors side by side Madrid & Paris.

(shown here with three planks of each color).

• Torcia Kelayia
    7 months ago

Beau Monde Floors: Madrid and Paris look very similar in your photo, but the sample boards I have at home seem a lot more different. I think I'm gravitating toward Paris.

• PRO
    7 months ago

@Torcia Kelayia Madrid is slightly lighter than Pairs.

Pairs has slightly darker tan/beige tones and leans towards the American Oak look than Madrid.

In that picture there are three 9" x 60" full size planks each of the two colors.

• jiaye liu
    7 months ago

Hi has anyone installed Medieval Laval? https://www.medievalfloors.com/laval.html thanks!

• Chris Lyons
    6 months ago

Does anyone know if you can install cabinets / island on top of the medieval floors LVP.

• PRO
    6 months ago

@Chris Lyons, the answer is NO, you will void your warranty.

• Sima Patel
    6 months ago

Are Medieval Floors zero VOC?

• Jen Braden
    6 months ago

For my understanding that all SPC (Stone Polymer Composite) that are made with 100% pure virgin materials, not recycled materials have no VOC.

• Jen Braden
    6 months ago

If you scroll up you will see some people posted their Laval 8mm installed pictures.

• PRO
    6 months ago

Marseille Collection, color Laval, just installed in San Francisco

• Sima Patel
    6 months ago

Anyone have pictures of Paris ?

• Sima Patel
    6 months ago

Hi some general questions re Medieval.

Are these floors okay with some sunlight coming into home few hours daily by the windows? I guess worried about peaking, cupping which is fall hazard at that point. Does their finish have any uv protection? TIA.

• PRO
    6 months ago

Yes & yes

• PRO
    6 months ago

When they said it could not be done...

Before

Before

After

• PRO
    5 months ago

We are the only showroom in the San Francisco Bay Area that features full size planks on display.

• HU-400583081
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

I wonder if anyone has the Medieval Floors Marseille Collection Strasbourg 8mm installed pictures? This color comes in 6.5mm as well, but I preferred thicker. We did their Natural Summery engineered hardwood floors for our main house, but our rental house in the back we would like to use their 8mm SPC so that it can lasts longer.

• James Burke
    3 months ago

I wonder if the Medieval Floors Marseille Collection is OK for patio room? Or should I use their Super SPC Collection 10mm thickness 30mil wear layer?

• James Burke
    3 months ago

I am a little concern about the direct sunlight in our patio room.

• millworkman
    3 months ago

Most vinyl flooring does not make out so great in direct sunlight like a patio room. I would call the manufacturer and look into the warranty.

• James Burke
    3 months ago

We have decided to go with the Medieval Floors Super SPC Madrid 10mm inside our house and their engineered hardwood Architectural Collection color Mystic Amber for our 200 square feet patio. We ordered a box of their Madrid to make sure it's what we wanted, and surprisingly it looks so much nicer than their sample board just like what others have said.

• Saroij
    3 months ago

Can someone please share us some installed pictures of the Medieval Floors Spring Asher? Thank you

• Kelly Pala
    3 months ago

Does anyone have any more installed photos of Paris? I was sure I wanted Chaumont.. but after having the samples in my house together… Paris looks so much nicer in all lighting.

• Diego
    2 months ago

We also like the both the colors Madrid and Paris in the Super SPC Collection 10mm. Still deciding on which to get. Maybe we will just buy a box to make sure as we will be installing a lof the square footage. Hopefully someone here can post more of their installed photos on these two colors.

• Diego
    2 months ago

I wonder how many pattern repeats are these two colors: Madrid and Paris? Does anyone knows?

• PRO
    2 months ago

Madrid has a 20 pattern repeat whereas Paris has 16

• PRO
  • Jennifer T
    last month

@Beau Monde Fine Floors Inc Do you have any pictures to share of Medieval Floors ”Paris” installed? As it is their newest color, there are not even pictures on their website yet. I have a sample piece, but it’s hard to tell what an entire floor would look like. I am trying to decide between ”Laval” and “Paris.”

• PRO
    last month

@Jennifer T Paris in the bedroom

• J Mig
    last month

Beau Monde, that staircase is beautiful. Very creative edging. Sorry I’m not in SFO.

• Diego
    last month
    last modified: last month

Anyone has installed pictures of the Medieval Floors engineered hardwood floors Nouvelle Collection Sand Dune? Thx.

• Diego
    last month

Thank you Beau Monde for the information on the pattern repeats on Paris!

• HU-636029075
    last month

Below are some of the Medieval Floors Nouvelle Collection Sand Dune engineering hardwood floors that I got from my installer. It's basically a nice natural wood color. The light does make a big different in the house though so you have to get a box to make sure. He said this is from a beautiful 6,000+ square feet home in Southern California and the customer stayed home to watch her installer installing the floors as she wants everything perfect. I would too if my house is THAT big and spending so much money already.

• HU-636029075
    last month

We are into clean grade engineered hardwood floors and so glad Medieval Floors has a wide selection of all the light natural tone colors. For our 2,400 square feet home, we are currently debating between couple colors as our house doesn't have much light, so maybe: Coral Leona, Eternal Desert, and the Baja Sahara..

• PRO
    Cozy living
    21 days ago

Where did you purchase your medieval floors? I’m in New Jersey and looking to see Valencian in person and cant seem to find a store that sells them.

we are looking for a low color variation LVP. I love the look of an engineered hardwood but have had a bad experience with them scratching even though we babied them. All the LVPs Ive seen in stores look very streaky.

also, wondering if those that installed medieval Valencian floors still love them.

• Kelly Pala
    14 days ago

Here is the medieval SPC in Paris installed. (Finally!) we are still mid Renovation living through it so don’t mind the mess! This thread helped me make my decision. I’ll post more soon

• Kelly Pala
    14 days ago

Welp thought a video would work… apparently not? Now I can’t delete the unicorn head… anyways here is another 🤣