Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carne_asada12322

Does everyone have the same Marvin window prices?

C A
2 years ago

Should I expect all the Marvin dealers in my area to provide identical quotes on window prices for Marvin or do different dealers have access to different pricing for the same window? I know installation pricing will vary but I'm looking for window-only pricing. Thanks

Comments (17)

• millworkman
    2 years ago

Nope. They may all have different discount levels from Marvin due to their purchase amounts. And they all definitely have a different cost of doing business so different markups.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    2 years ago

Not uncommon to see big swingsnin prices. Make sure to look at the quotes closely as small differences can effect pricing as well.

• D B
    2 years ago

I lost a $100k Marvin job 2 years ago because I (correctly) included the MRF mulls vs. standard. Customer installed the other's windows with the wrong specs because they didn't check it closely. I would have been virtually the same price if we had the same specs.

Lesson: Todd is correct. ANY slight difference in wording might be significant.

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    2 years ago

All good advice above. Dealers/contractors will have varying discounts on the product, but the business model and operating expenses of each company are generally the largest determining factor. This is primarily when considering an "installed price". If you are speaking about buying product only, again, there may be some difference but the swing will be much smaller.

• LosGatosHouse
    2 years ago

The answer is "no". You should definitely do your shopping around. If I were you, I would absolutely stay away from Marvin. Perhaps they were a good company a number of years ago, but read the following, which is my personal experience with them.

=======

I am not someone who posts reviews on the internet, particularly negative feedback. But, given how much false information and untrue ads are out there for the “high quality” of Marvin, I have decided to do what is right and post my experience with them on a few websites, such as Houzz.

Four months after we placed the order, Marvin delivered the windows. Some of the windows had obviously been dropped before delivery. Scratches on the outer frames and bumps on the inner side clearly showed that. We noted the issues as they were unloading the windows and took pictures on their truck. They may claim that they have good quality windows, but when they are dropped it basically does not matter anymore as the structure of the windows is certainly compromised. As for customer service, the windows were delivered in April and we notified the vendor and Marvin of the issues immediately as they were still unloading the windows. Four months later, we are still nowhere and nothing has been fixed. They just delivered one wrong frame for a window which we never asked for a fix and they are not even coming to remove it from my property. No word on when they are going to fix the windows. Total mess on their side and non-existing post-sale support.

=== Update of October 2021

I got an email from Marvin regional manager today; and it's the middle of OCTOBER -- 6 months after installation date. They plan to replace the broken sashes -- get ready -- in JANUARY NEXT YEAR. This joke is not even funny. Stay away from this company at all cost. They couldn't care less about you once they have your money.

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    2 years ago

@LosGatosHouse, that is an unfortunate and certainly frustrating position to be. I'd only offer two points for added perspective:

1) As MWM alluded to, at least a good portion of this seems likely to be the responsibilty of the dealer/supplier that you purchased through. You really shouldn't even need to deal with marvin directly

2) Issues with QC and delays are rampant across the industry right now, you could be in the same or even worse place with a different product. I know of several manufacturers that are backed up measurably longer than that lead time for service parts as they all try to keep up with demand coupled with limited staffing and supplies.

I'm not trying to offer justification as the situation does stink, just again offering some insight from inside the industry. As far as the customer service aspect, the supplier that you wrote the check to should really bear the brunt of your ire.

• LosGatosHouse
    2 years ago

Thanks for your comments. The supplier is a very nice person and has been super helpful. But when Marvin does not care or help, what can he do? Marvin regional manager called after I responded to his email, but the call was simply to say that they did not have an ETA. If I were Marvin, I would dedicate a good part of my resources to cleaning up the mess (I know I am not the only one in this situation).

Let me give you an example. My entry door had a problem.

1) They called the next day after I reported the issue (as opposed to Marvin that did not even send an email for a few MONTHS). They said they needed 3 months to replace the double door.

2) They delivered the doors in two months; one month earlier than the original ETA. Think about Marvin which brought me two incorrect, irrelevant, and borken (!) parts, SIX MONTHS after the original install.

As I said above, Marvin delivered some random parts which had nothing to do with my order six months after installation. Even then, the part that they brought had a dent and their own technician threw it in the trash. They had not even checked the part before sending it out. No QA whatsoever.

• PRO
    Ultra Windows
    2 years ago

Marvin is heads and shoulders above the competition in almost every respect. Every pro here could give you a "if you think that's bad" story from multiple other manufacturers. As has been said by others, your distributor probably bears more responsibility than you understand, regardless of how nice they are, or how helpful they seem.

Distributors are notorious for damaging windows and then blaming the manufacturer. In my experience, the vast majority of window damage occurs after delivery to the distributor, not before.

• LosGatosHouse
    2 years ago

"They're the best", "they are the Rolls Royce of window manufacturers", "Marvin is heads and shoulders above the competition" is what you hear when you step in stores. Look at my personal experience. It couldn't be worse. Customers should know the facts and then make their decision. That's why I am posting this. People should not be tricked into Marvin just because they are expensive, giving them false hope of quality/customer service.

• PRO
    Landlord Window Replacements
    2 years ago

Aside from your poor experience with the shipping or handling damages and no response from the manufacturer, im mainly interested in the quality if the window. so, how are the windows?

• oreolucca1
    2 years ago

I just had Marvin infinity installed. And they are better then expected and I was expecting a lot. The company that put them in have over 900 reviews all very very good. I think the people who are installing are a very important component

• hunt597
    2 years ago

@oreolucca1 How long was the lead time? We've been waiting longer than anticipated for our Marvin Ultimate windows.

• oreolucca1
    2 years ago

It was 11 or 12 weeks. I hope you get them soon. We bought the infinity and the dealer is very large here

• fmistretta
    11 months ago

who is the #1 marvin dealer (in volume)

• oreolucca1
    11 months ago

Wow people are very rude sometimes on here. I do not believe that they are I live in atlanta and my brother lives in Illinois they seem a little different. There was a little price difference

• fmistretta
    10 months ago

Yes I know! Thank you.