Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Hey, Beagles--any stork sightings yet?

jojoco
2 years ago

Isn't your due date any day now? Thinking of you and hoping for an easy delivery. Can't wait to see pictures of your new one (and your old one too, lol.)

Jo

(PS--am I the only one who never heard of a "push" present?)

Comments (29)

• Jilly
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I was wondering if it was getting to be that time! I can’t wait to see B’s reaction. He has the most expressive cutie-pie face. 😍

• dedtired
    2 years ago

I thought April?

• nekotish
    2 years ago

I got a "push present" even though I didn't push as I had a c-section. We had been trying for 7 years and finally invitro came through for us. I have a ring with 2 garnets (the girls birthstones) with a middle diamond. I wear it every day.

• bpath
    2 years ago

What is a ”push present”?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

A gift to Mom for giving birth. Like in addition to the baby. 😆 it’s a thing. I have those little baby shoes you wear on a necklace? I should put them on a charm bracelet…

• Tina Marie
    2 years ago

I've never heard of it either.

• bpath
    2 years ago

My dad gave Mom a very expensive ring when my brother was born just in time to be a tax deduction for that year, just hours to spare. I don’t think she got anything for us others born in other months.

Personally, the push gift was being able to lie on my back again. Aaahhhhh….

• just_terrilynn
    2 years ago

I was also wondering if the time was near. Hope we hear the news soon.

• happy2b…gw
    2 years ago

Patience and savoring the precious moments with B as he gets ready to be the big brother. This is a very special time. All the best to you and your family.

• just_terrilynn
    2 years ago

Beagels, I don't know why but it slipped my mind that you did a home birth the first time. I did a home birth with my 2nd and loved the whole experience. Can't wait to see the baby girl photos.

• pudgeder
    2 years ago

Sure sign of Spring is a new baby!

Hope she's here safely & soon!

• Oakley
    2 years ago

Eat a banana split and labor will begin in the morning. ;)

• texanjana
    2 years ago

Sending you good thoughts, Beagles. Can't wait to see the new arrival! B sounds like he is very excited.

• cawaps
    2 years ago

Whoa, I had lost track of time! The tail end of pregnancy is not fun. Hang in there!

Best of luck with labor and delivery!

• beaglesdoitbetter
    2 years ago

Never heard of the banana split thing, but it's worth a try!

So ready to meet this baby. B was such an easy pregnancy, no trouble during the whole process and came on my preferred date, but this little one has been causing problems from the start. Hopefully she'll be an easy baby upon arrival (easier than the pregnancy!)

• bpath
    2 years ago

A friend of mine was so happy when the baby was born and the troublesome pregnancy was over, she named her Allegra!

• deeinohio
    2 years ago

That competent husband holds the key to getting labor started (blush).

• yeonassky
    2 years ago

Yes I had the same thing; easy first experience with first child; second child not as easy.

Things turned out wonderfully even after the teenage years. There might have been a little bit of mother-daughter angst. 🙄 Completely resolved now.

Can't wait to meet your little one! A banana split sounds like a delicious test to me.

• sushipup2
    2 years ago

To start labor, the recipe is a pepperoni jalapeno pizza. Try it!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Well, I had a foot massage and pedicure at a spa, that did it for my first, Second, not so much.

• jojoco
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Just bumping the bump. :)

• beaglesdoitbetter
    2 years ago

Neither banana split nor DH assistance have done the trick :( Perhaps I'll schedule a foot massage tomorrow! Don't know if I can handle jalapeno pizza, I hate spicy foods!

Meanwhile B is just hanging around waiting. And, big news, he's POTTY TRAINED officially. Three days w/o no accidents.

• nini804
    2 years ago

Perfect timing!!! Those big boy dirty diapers really look alarming compared with the newborn ones😂

• Jilly
    2 years ago

Aww, that’s great, B!

His smile is so adorable. :)

• jojoco
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Awww, such a cutie! He always looks so happy!

• Bestyears
    2 years ago

So adorable! And perfect timing on the potty training!

• Tina Marie
    2 years ago

Yay B!! what a big boy! 😊

• nekotish
    2 years ago

Perfect timing for the potty training - good on you and B! Wishing you a safe, calm birth. I envy you having a home birth; I had a scheduled C-section due to the first presenting twin being oblique and the other being breech. I still give them a bad time about being stubborn and not following the rules! PS - totally worth it, they are my best friends 26 years later!