Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
206nan

A little humor - who is the first person you think of?

Mimou-GW
last year
last modified: last year

This cartoon made me immediately think of one of our favorite friends (from a purely deco perspective, not a desire to distance herself).

Comments (20)

• Jilly
    last year

I think I know who. 😄

Mimou-GW thanked Jilly
  • jojoco
    last year

Cant be our gal. No animal prints

Mimou-GW thanked jojoco
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

Of course!

Mimou-GW thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • sushipup2
    last year

The pillows should be edited, there are way too many. And what sort of window treatment will you be putting in?

Mimou-GW thanked sushipup2
  • Mimou-GW
    Original Author
    last year

What about the rug?

Note, I hope X knows this is done with admiration and as a tribute to her

• Lars
    last year

I don't know which person you are alluding to, but the first person I thought of was myself. However, I would also have animal prints, and the layout of the pillows would be symmetrical by patterns and sizes.

Also, I would not sit straddling two seats on the subway.

Mimou-GW thanked Lars
  • jmck_nc
    last year

She's not here because she is busy looking for new lighting and artwork!

Mimou-GW thanked jmck_nc
  • Mimou-GW
    Original Author
    last year

Lars, you were the 2nd person I thought of!

• Tina Marie
    last year

Aaannndddd, she almost had a pet groundhog!

Mimou-GW thanked Tina Marie
  • nicole___
    last year

🤔Everyone should have their own cartoon...very cute...

Mimou-GW thanked nicole___
  • chickadee2_gw
    last year

That’s really cute. I hope she blows it up and frames it.

Mimou-GW thanked chickadee2_gw
  • salonva
    last year

What a great thread! well done! Special achievement award to you @just_terrilynn

• Sueb20
    last year

LOL terrilynn, I love it.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Mimou,

LOL!

So I guess this is supposed to be me? I don't exactly get it, but am humbled to have risen to the level of my own cartoon! My DH likes this quote from Tea and Sympathy: "When you think of me-- and you will--think of me kindly.”

I can only guess that it means that I am so particular that I would even decorate a subway car? If so, this is not far off. I believe I may have told this story before, about "decorating" my sister's hotel room for her, but here goes.

Years ago my DH and I met up with my sister and her DH in a third city for a long weekend to celebrate her birthday at a lovely hotel. DH and I arrived first, and, since we paid for both rooms, we checked in for both rooms and got the keys. I wanted to make her room "special" for her birthday. I bought fresh flowers nearby and they happened to come in a ceramic vase. I "redid" the room, making the bed differently. I put away all the clutter that hotels leave out (books, guides, little pop up things, magazines. etc). I cleared the counters in the bathroom and left a gift there (her faves). Adjusted the lighting. If I could have bought throw pillows, I probably would have.

Their flight was very, very late and so, rather than meeting them for dinner as planned, we went to bed and left their key at the front desk. The next morning, I asked how everything was. "Oh," she replied, "...the room is very nice but we got in at 2am and were starving, but there was no room service menu anywhere. And when DH went to take a shower, all the shampoo was gone, too. Other than that it was very nice." LOL

• jojoco
    last year

Mtn, it *may* be your penchant for throw pillows and animal prints (tasteful ones, that is).

• Mimou-GW
    Original Author
    last year

That is a great story Mtn! Yes, Jojoco, it was definitely the throw pillows. I genuinely love all of your projects. Thank you for being such a good sport.

• DLM2000-GW
    last year

Haha mtn - no good deed goes unpunished! Great story.

• Sueb20
    last year

Mtn, on a side note, I thought you might be pleased to know that my future DIL has registered for the leopard Anthro rug. LOL. I was just checking out their registry, which they’re just starting to work on, and saw the rug and chuckled. I can’t bring myself to explain to her that I have an imaginary friend who has that rug…

• Lars
    last year

The other night I dreamed that I was in a hotel room with my brother, and we had brought about six or eight paintings with us to hang in the room while we were there, and they were all large paintings, but the room was large and stark. It looked like an art gallery after we had hung the paintings, and we invited some of the staff of the hotel to see it.

When I asked what the check-out time was, they told us 7:30 PM, which I thought was pretty late, but at least that would give us plenty of time to remove the paintings. Two of the paintings were ones that I had done myself, and the rest my brother had painted.