Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kooopons87

Any thoughts on how to make this 2 bed a 3 and more?

kooopons87
last year

Unfortunately, I don't have a floor plan and only have dimensions and some photos to go off of and our realtor took some video. This is an out-of-state home we're considering buying (vacation home) and in this fast-paced market, we don't have a lot of time to belabor decisions. We lost out on a house this past weekend for 'thinking' for too long. This would be a fixer upper and a fairly large project.

We like this home, the location is great, the exterior is very charming, but ideally, we'd like a 3 bedroom vs 2. The home has what sounds like OK sq footage (~1450 sq ft air-conditioned) but the space is used up in larger bathrooms (not so bad) and generally decent-sized rooms. We're also looking to gain a 2nd den-like area, perhaps converting some of the back porch into interior space.

With my really poor drawing, does anyone have ideas if it could be possible to get a 3rd bedroom and another den area?

We could still add onto the rear as the setback is 10' from the rear of the property. This is a drawing the county has and the only thing with site measurements.

Here is my loose rendition of the general floor plan with room sizes from the realtor. I like the main bedroom side of the home. It could use some reconfiguring with the bathroom and closet but it has ample space. The dimensions of the main bedroom are listed as 11'x20' which I think includes the bedroom and closet area. Obviously losing the garage would gain lots of space, but we want to keep the garage for parking, storage, and it houses the laundry.

Here are some photos of the interior

Living space with odd wall divider that I think we could lose to open kitchen to living area and make more room.

Another view of the living area with dining.

Poorly laid out, but decent size, kitchen

And the larger bathrooms

Back porch with odd angles

Main bed with access to porch

2nd bedroom with access to the porch

Comments (7)