Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

A walk thru the yard

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
last year
last modified: last year

New solar lights that look like flying saucers gift from new friend. Wife loves them.

Comments (16)

• robinswfl
    last year

LOVE love love your gardening, Stush! Beautiful plants, beautiful yard!

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked robinswfl
  • Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
  • tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

Nice tour. Thanks.

tj

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
  • Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    last year

Wonderful yard Stush! Thanks for the stroll)))

Thank God for potted plants to add character.

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
  • Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    last year

Walters Gardens in Michigan plants all there Agave and Mangave in the ground every year and then dig them all back up to put in the greenhouse. They have a crew of men and equipment to do that. I don't and getting old and worse every year. Pots are the only way to go. In the middle of re-potting a lot of my plants this year and with even bigger pots to move now. I think I am loosing my mind. Good thing I have miss dolly and mr. wagon to help me.

• jstropic (10a)
    last year

Beautiful garden Stush!!

Jody

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked jstropic (10a)
  • wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    last year

So lush, so beautiful. . My Texas drought has burnt my eyeballs.

I know what you mean about the pots getting to big and too heavy. I have that problem. I solved it by moving them in for the winter and forgetting to move them back out, forgetting to water them during my building project. I killed my biggest and best aloes. Sad.

Original Author
    last year

You would think succulents should be able to go long periods with out water. Mostly my Agave go most of winter with out water. I know it keeps getting harder ever year wintering over my collection.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    last year

Not as long as I needed. then when I watered them all their roots had desicated and they formed rot. No plant lives of total neglect. I have fewer plants to move but I am a sck addicted person. They are being replaced by smaller baby succulents. .

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked wantonamara Z8 CenTex
  • gardenfanatic2003
    last year

Beautiful!!

Deanna

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked gardenfanatic2003
    Original Author
    last year

wantonamara, what are you looking for right now. I have several different kind of plants that I have to thin out before winter haul in. Sanseveria, Aloes, Haworthia?

Any one else? Message me.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    last year

I am looking for Ale capitata var quartzicola. I am being very picky. The one I had was 25 years old. It was abeauty. I can find seed but no plants of it.

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    Original Author
    last year

I very much agree with you. With limited space I myself are selecting plants that I want to keep. Not any or all the ones I currently own. I find it hard to dispose of any of my house plants while I have no problem killing weeds. Any plant that you have no use for is a weed. A weed no longer is a weed once you find a use for.

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    last year

Stush, it really stinks not having the space. I have had to sell my 25 year old jade to a Bonsai shop because I had no where to put it(

Many of mine I have to keep on the smaller side and if I cut them, I feel horrible throwing out the cuttings. If I owned a greenhouse, I would make a mint on all the babies of plants I have I can n ot bring inside.

Now that the greenhouse is not going to be heated for the winter, I have had to make more room for all of those.

Mike

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
    Original Author
    last year

I gave my large Jades away also. No room. Keeping most Agave, Mangave, Sansevieria, Aloes, and some Euphorbia. Also a few cactus. Still way too many to care for.