Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_705292920

Would BM Pale Oak look fine in my kitchen?

Angela Wilcox
last year

Would BM Pale Oak look ok in my kitchen? I'll be painting the adjoining areas pale oak so I need it to somewhat flow.

Comments (47)

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

The top sample is pale oak.

• J Sk
    last year
    last modified: last year

I think you could do better. Did you try other colors? Maybe Bm Ballet white?

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

@J Sk. I happen to have the ballet white sample. Just put it up. It's on the bottom left. The right is white dove.

• J Sk
    last year

Bm Ballet white looks toopeachy, do you have samples of Bm Soft chamois, Classic Gray, Winds Breath, Feather Down?

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

I think I have classic grey but an actual can of paint. I'll have to check tomorrow.

• J Sk
    last year

Paints can be difficult, maybe something from those

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

I've definitely been struggling with choosing a colour. My second photo shows white dove on the right. It looks so stark with the counters and that's what I'm worried about.

• J Sk
    last year

Don't get discouraged, maybe above Bm Bone White or Feather Down?

• J Sk
    last year

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

I've cut myself off from buying more samples. I've bought so many it's ridiculous lol. I have tried the edgecomb grey/baby fawn. Those are in my original post photos below the pale oak sample.

• J Sk
    last year

Here is BM Navajo White in my garage

• herbflavor
    last year

I'd take edgecom gray but have them lighten it by 25 % otherwise pale oak in the first picture. the floor has a lot of light shades in it and ceiling is white.....keep the walls very light but a little bit of pigment is fine..most of these are too dark.

• J Sk
    last year

I would try maybe Edgecomb Gray but I would be careful with Pale Oak which I believe might have purple undertone sometimes and wouldn't go with countertops. Definitely I would not go too dark on the walls to keep some contrast to the cabinets and countertop. I would try Feather Down maybe Navajo White, Winds Breath, too.

• J Sk
    last year

In one of my bedrooms I have Bm Sheeps wool. Depends on the light it is either warmer or with a tiny bit of gray.

• J Sk
    last year

Here is Bm Wind's breath in my moms apartment

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

Some samples from top to bottom BM (It's what my painter will be using). 1. Ballet White. 2. Sandy white. 3. Natural Cream. 4. Pale Oak. 5.Classic grey (needs a second coat. 6. Baby Fawn

• J Sk
    last year

@Angela Wilcox, pictures didn't post.

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

Sorry!

• herbflavor
    last year

counting from the top: favorite is 4 /2nd best is 1.

• J Sk
    last year

Agree, on the picture above 4 from the top ( Pale oak, looks good). Could you take pictures with the blinds pulled up so we can see paint in natural light?

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

Here are some more. Lights off and on with the blinds open.

• J Sk
    last year

Which one do You like? Maybe you could pick 2 favorites and prime the wall and make bigger samples? ( 4 th from the top looks good on the pictures but We of course don't know how it looks in real life. You could make sure that the ones you like look good at different times of the day and when the natural light is changing from morning to evening and no silly undertones are showing

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

Updated photo from the evening!

• J Sk
    last year

Looks good on the picture ( 4th from the top). Maybe you could take a picture together with floor?

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

I'd have to paint a sample near the floor. My tiles have a little pink in them I think but hard to see in the photo.

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

No wait. I have a sample painted there lol.

• J Sk
    last year

Do you see any pink/purple on the sample because it is hard to say from picture?

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

@J Sk I see a small bit of pink/lavender during the day but apart from that, no.

• J Sk
    last year

Are you in any rush to pick a paint?

• J Sk
    last year

How is Bm Classic gray?

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

It's more stark then pale oak I think but I haven't seen any pink/purple undertones. I have to put a second coat on my sample. I only have one up in my photo.

• J Sk
    last year

By any chance you have Bm Soft chamois or Wind's breath or Edgecomb Gray?

• J Sk
    last year

I think OP.is a little nervous about very light colors but for example Bm Soft Chamois is something in the middle. A little more intense than Bm cotton balls but lighter than Pale Oak.

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

I prefer lighter colours in the kitchen. I just want to make sure it's cohesive with my other main areas as it's partially open. I'm planning on using pale oak in the other main areas. Here is white dove and Swiss coffee (warm whites) on the walls

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

Whatever paint I choose I'm the kitchen needs to be cohesive with these areas. I don't want a colour that's extremely warm because of the heavy dark grey couches.

• herbflavor
    last year

have you ruled out a pale color..seeing the room now I like the pale robins egg blue color w wood details you have.....it works in kitchen and w gray furnishings. what is 3rd down on wall by living room wndow..thats getting closer....these are nice wall colors for your areas

Light and bright while honoring gray · More Info

Lake Austin Remodel · More Info

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

The third one down is Collingwood grey. Top is classic, second is pale oak in other places. Can you tell that choosing a paint colour has been agonising?.😂😂😂

• J Sk
    last year

It is a pain to choose a paint for sure. I don't know if you feel like going lighter. If it something you would consider Bm Soft Chamois might be the option. I have in one of the bedrooms. Picture below Bm Soft Chamois

We just finished building and I also had hard time to pick a paint for my open plan. I chose Bm Glacier White and I think it goes well with white oak floors and my foyer tiles which were a pain to because sometimes I see pinkish in it which I really dislike. Bm Glacier white is lighter than Bm Soft Chamois. When I was choosing paints I wanted light and airy but everyone is different. Below Bm Glacier White

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

I definetly want light and airy but I don't want too much that the places doesn't look cozy or makes it look sterile.

• herbflavor
    last year

its hard to tell w camera shots. prefer the collingwood gray now and think the larger areas are most important......the kitchen is the lesser deal for the pick. Maybe collingwood gray just 10percent lighter. but I like the light bluisish tints in above rooms for your home..you seem to not gravitate to that. pale oak still a safe option.

• champcamp
    last year

I looked at many of your colors and selecred Collingwood. It has enough heft as a color to not get washed out with southern facing sunlight. I see others are saying some colors are too pale. I used Pale Oak leftovers in a small dark study and it looked great but would have been wrong choice for my main areas.

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

I took my Collingwood sample and tried it in different areas. CW is Collingwood, PO is Pale Oak, CG is Classic Grey and WD is White Dove.

• J Sk
    last year

@Angela Wilcox, any updates? What did you decide?

• Angela Wilcox
    Original Author
    last year

@J Sk. Unfortunately no updates as of yet. I haven't decided.

• Kswl
    last year

I have BM’s pale oak in most of the main floor. Our trim and cabinetry is very white so the paint looks like a true greige without any undertones. The warmth and color of your cabinets in the kitchen are influencing every paint color you have put up so far. It’s very difficult to tell what any of the colors look like in real life. If you are worried that a particular color males too much of a statement (too saturated) but you like the hue, you could try it at 3/4 or half strength. As others have said, choosing paint colors is difficult!

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath