Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (27)

• Feathers11
    last year

There's not a bone in my body that's that bold.

• Jilly
    last year

I just saw this in Elle Decor! Very interesting house … I’d like to see the exterior.

• palimpsest
    last year
    last modified: last year

I like it as a den. It's too intense for me personally as a bedroom--although actually this Is the LR in this house, it just has a bed in it.

• Ally De
    last year

May I please have the rug? That's gorgeous!!

• Kswl
    last year

Love the rug!

• einportlandor
    last year

Beautiful! But I could never live with it.

• Mrs. S
    last year

I'm not fond of red, but my heart sings when I see this type of decor! haha @palimpsest

• Jilly
    last year

Pal 🤣

• Ally De
    last year

Pal just made me giggle out loud. VERY well played.

• lascatx
    last year

I think I have that brass chest. Not currently using it. It's one of those things I got from my parents. It was the "toy chest" as well as the coffee table in the family room. I've been thinking about finding a place we can use it, but not so far.

• palimpsest
    last year

Those are Sarreid chests, and they command $1500-2500 in the vintage retail market.

• Jilly
    last year

Lascatx, I remember those growing up. I think they’re so cool.

My dad still has his big ’70’s wicker and brass trunk. Same — I used it as a toy chest, then he put it in his bedroom when I left home.

ETA: Similar to this:

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
    last year

I’m generally not fond of red, but the hues used in the room don’t make my skin crawl as many reds do. I like the room . . . except for the earthquake hazards sitting atop the bookcase (if the home is located in a seismically active area).

• lascatx
    last year

Jinx, I remember those as well. I wanted one when I went off to college, but never had one. I have another toy chest to deal with too -- the one from my youngest years that my mom painted avocado green. And then antiqued it too, of course. It might be fun to give that a facelift and new life.

• ilikefriday
    last year

There are many things I like about this room. I would be very happy with it. Actually, I like all of it. I just have many questions and wish I could see more.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

This works for me. Love the colors, the saturation, everything.

• ilikefriday
    last year

I just saw the link that @Jilly posted. This is a very interesting fireplace surround and light fixtures. There is so much to see in this room and the more I see the more I like.

• Jilly
    last year

Friday, I thought of you when I saw that fabulous room!

• ilikefriday
    last year

@Jilly For me, there is so much to love about this space. I am totally intrigued by the wall color and bed color combo, the fireplace surround, and the hanging black lights. Are those lights? I don't think I would change a thing. The room is huge! I need to see more of this home.

Now I want to copy it in my bedroom.

• palimpsest
    last year

I don't care for the mirrored surround on the fireplace in this instance. It may photograph much differently than it feels in real life, but I think that's a little too much. (And I do not dislike mirrored walls, smoked mirror or gold veined mirror just by default.)

• martha5782
    last year

Too over the top for me personally. No can do!

• Kswl
    last year

Same, just looking at it makes me nervous.

• Allison0704
    last year

Ah, Miles Redd. I thought I recognized this house.

@Jilly I had one of those wicker trunks in HS and afterwards, but sold in a garage sale.

Dibs on the faux orange tree.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

It's mesmerizingly beautiful and horrifying at the same time.

• palimpsest
    last year

I think that mesmerizing and horrifying at the same time describes a lot of high-design. And there's nothing the matter with that, it just depends upon how much stimulation you can live with on a daily basis.

Gizmo thanked palimpsest
  • nicole___
    last year

It's the opposite of "calm". Too much of a good thing! Over-the-top....and wow. Borders on bizarre.